Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
All seemingly just following the telegraph though. Just saying...

If it's off then whatever, fair enough.
We won't be getting Dybala now. No way we can go back on what we've said. This is done

TheHeya

Spent the week in muppet mode over Dybala.

Going to end the week with longstaff and shifting 0 players arent we?

WensleyMU

Never understood the phrase "looks like a briefing" when in reality one shit source makes a claim and like flies to shit, the rest swarm....

A briefing for one wouldnt carry the tag "Exclusive" considering the nature of a briefing.

Fooza

Juventus fans can breathe a sigh of relief, they were getting nervous at getting Lukaku :(

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Fairplay if the club have done that. Avoiding a Di Maria scenario. A bit disappointing mind, more so that Lukaku could end up staying.

Terminator

Why would anyone be disappointed? Am delighted we'll get to watch Lingard and Mata in action more.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They are after Icardi though aren’t they? Which should then give Inter enough money to sign Lukaku and we then take Mandzukic off Juve...in theory at least!
Would be great is that triple domino can happen, but Juventus and Inter both want Lukaku and don't want to help each other.

I doubt Juventus will buy Icardi from Inter, knowing Inter would then be able to afford Lukaku, whom they want. Better just to scupper the entire deal!

Not sure where that leaves us.

cjhill44

This deal being called off is probably why it's looking like we might bring in Mandzukic in a separate deal who will be back up for Rashford/Martial

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Never understood the phrase "looks like a briefing" when in reality one shit source makes a claim and like flies to shit, the rest swarm....

A briefing for one wouldnt carry the tag "Exclusive" considering the nature of a briefing.
Agreed.

Greck

Our people could see an article from an obscure Zimambwean publication and say it's a briefing

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If Telegraph are reporting it as an exclusive, it's likely not a brief, but it does kinda look like a bit of a dead in the water thing now.
Poor Dybala, he's going to be in the for worst season of his life at Juve now
Seriously, who gives a feck?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Obvious brief is obvious but I'm happy we've pulled the plug in the end. Said a couple of days ago that it's a shit idea if he doesn't want to come here and we lure him merely with money.

Man-United

Good to see we maybe have learned, finally. Dybala is a great player but if he has any doubts about the club then stay away.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
As much as I cannot stand woodward, we should not blame him if dybala doesn't join us. It's upto dybala if he wants to accept a new challenge and not live in Ronaldo's shadows. If he choses to stay in Juve then I am glad we didn't sign a player like him who lacks balls to be a man.
I also don't blame Dybala. Given how long elite transfer take these days, this is all too sudden. Good on him for also not leaving just for money, and being uncertain if he can commit to a new challenge without due consideration.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Selling a 26 year old and bringing in a 33 year old is absolute madness.
Maybe. Who do you consider the better striker for us? Remember Lukaku would mostly on the bench this season, so we only need to replace his place on that. I think Ole is confident in rash/martial/greenwood

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Clearly doesn't want to come, so we should steer clear. It's a pity as things could have worked out for all parties, but fine, it's his life and we REALLY don't need another player here who doesn't want to be.

DoomSlayer

You're going to be disappointed come the end of the window I'm afraid to say.
I guess we will know for sure in a few days, not much left of the transfer window.

I wasn't too crazy on Dybala, but a swap of Lukaku for him and Mandzukic was way too good to pass on. Hopefully we still sign at least one player more, preferably a midfielder.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why are people believing it is off so quickly? I thought the telegraph was unreliable?
It’s got all the hallmarks of a briefing.

Between himself and his agents demands and justifications for their demands we probably saw a familiar story of a player pushing for a move next summer and us being the ones to take the financial and reputation hit.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

I think it could be a briefing, but if it was, wouldn't the BBC be on it by now? When we clearly briefed about Maguire, it didn't take long for all the journos to be on it, including BBC.
This does have the feel of a Telegraph "exclusive" with others jumping on it, but until everyone has reported it, including Italian sources, it'll just rumble on

Munkehboi

Glad we pulled the plug on this one if what is being said is true. I still believe Lukaku will leave. Serie A window dosent close until 23rd so plenty of time for him to leave as well as others.

Still think Ole will bring in two more by Thurs. We will probably spend big and sell Lukaku for a bit less (£65-70m) to balance some books.

Siddharth

I really hope Mandzukic deal is also off. This seemed fishy from the very beginning to me. As in too good to be true. I guess, there's always a catch. Thank god, I was not succked into the muppetry. For some reason, I was not excited for Dybala which surprised couple of posters that they felt necessary to reply back. Well, I like the approach of Ole. Very Fergusonesque. He only wants those who want to come fight for the badge and are not in it just for the moolah.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Dybala's said no so you've beaten him to the punch by saying you pulled out.

Fair play, that's class media briefing.

Status
Not open for further replies.