Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Romeo Agresti is Tier 1 for Juve, he said Dybala asks for Request: salary above 10 million net per year.

Assuming he's talking in £, given the tax rate in UK that works out at £18.1million

Here is the article - https://www.goal.com/it/notizie/cal...o-manchester-united/3spsv3bsrmki1leezcdglnk6f

I seem to remember demands of £10m net salary being reported by likes of Pedulla/Romano too, let me search for them.
He isn't talking in pound, it's an italian article for italians. And I missed that article.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is the BBC a good enough source yet? By the way - still refusing to believe we will sign him.
I think it's 60/40 he goes to you now. Would be a great signing and would mean expectations of a PL and CL charge in my opinion.

That said I do feel there's something messy going on behind the scenes with Dybala, agents and image rights. I'll be interested to see what gets agreed on in the end but it is looking like you could pull it off.

Delighted for the spurs guys on here really as for so long you've dipped the big names. Now it's like all those Christmases coming at once!

Hulksmash

Tottenham have given up his images rights. Manchester United would never give up image rights , it's glazers buissness model

Feed Me

I'm hungry
So funny that no fecking body realizes that Dybala >>>>>> than these two. Spurs sign him and we offer new contracts to past it players. Wonderful really.
The apologists on here are pathetic. They are part of the reason the club gets away with its managed decline of the playing squad.

We are in for an extremely painful season

koop

If they get him, where do they even play him? Kane is starting as the #9, Alli plays #10 and they also agreed a fee for Lo Celso, they have Son and Moura as the other two forwards. Their attack could be loaded.
Alli takes the bench easily.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
And you responded to a post about the Dybala deal. Also this football club spend almost everything on the football team, around 95%.
I responded to why I do think that money is an issue. We've lost top players before. What we usually do is move to other targets especially when we're desperate to fill a given role. The issue here is money. We're using Lukaku's money to balance the big hole in our finances left by the Maguire's deal.

I really can't believe we're starting a season campaign with a weaker midfield and forward line then last season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I responded to why I do think that money is an issue. We've lost top players before. What we usually do is move to other targets especially when we're desperate to fill a given role. I really can't believe we're starting a season campaign with a weaker midfield and forward line then last season.

Regarding money, I very much doubt that.
I believe the OP was saying that money wasn't the issue on Dybala part... even though the club have attempted to paint him as the villain who was chasing money

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Your first mistake already
Even if it's €, then that is still a €10m net figure which you disputed was never reported. I just showed you a link where it did, now you're arguing about currencies!

Article actually says above 10 million net too!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If Spurs sign Sessegnon, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dybala, they should be in the title conversation instead of the top 4 one. It would really mean one CL spot left for United, Arsenal or Chelsea imo.

JPRouve

Scout
I responded to why I do think that money is an issue. We've lost top players before. What we usually do is move to other targets especially when we're desperate to fill a given role. I really can't believe we're starting a season campaign with a weaker midfield and forward line then last season.

Regarding money, I very much doubt that.
You may doubt it but it's a fact, it's not as if United was a PLC and the financial reports public.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
was close for us as well if i remember, again nothing happened and it was all over BBC and Sky
They never reported we were close to an agreement with the player. In fact they always reported that there was no indication Dybala was interested. This is different

Untd55

If they sign him, Tottenham are going to have 3 players who have proved they can score 20 goals in a season. To put it in perspective, we have none with Lukaku going.

devilish

If Spurs sign Sessegnon, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dybala, they should be in the title conversation instead of the top 4 one. It would really mean one CL spot left for United, Arsenal or Chelsea imo.
Honestly if we end up the transfer like this, then I hope we won't get the 4th place. Hopefully that would bring some real changes in United starting from a change of ownership.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think it's 60/40 he goes to you now. Would be a great signing and would mean expectations of a PL and CL charge in my opinion.

That said I do feel there's something messy going on behind the scenes with Dybala, agents and image rights. I'll be interested to see what gets agreed on in the end but it is looking like you could pull it off.

Delighted for the spurs guys on here really as for so long you've dipped the big names. Now it's like all those Christmases coming at once!
Well not going to believe it until I see him with the shirt on but gotta say this is probably the most exciting transfer deadline day that I can remember. Hope it doesn't all end in tears.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
This is an interesting and informative text about why there was no deal with United:
Dybala was open to Red Devils' initial suggestion of a five-year contract worth nine million euros per season but the player's representative then demanded at least 12 million euros.

The Argentine's agent, Jorge Antun, met with Manchester United's directors in London and, just as it seemed that the figure had been agreed, Antun asked for 15 million euros as a signing-on fee, a demand which went down badly both with both clubs.

It now seems that there is a sense of annoyance with Antun, who is not a licensed football agent, and only got the role with Dybala due to a long-standing friendship with the Argentine's father.

There is another major problem in the drama being played out between Dybalaand Manchester United.

Normally, when a club buys a player, they also take over his image rights, but Dybala's belong to the Malta-based Star Image Company, with whom he is currently embroiled in a court case, after having withdrawn from a contract with them in 2017 under bad terms.
This is what I don't understand. Why would players let their agents ruin their moves with ridiculous demands? The agent fees in transfers is actually a lot more unheard of than the players wages imo.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Honestly if we end up the transfer like this, then I hope we won't get the 4th place. Hopefully that would bring some real changes in United starting from a change of ownership.
Nothing ever changes

We will get 6th to 8th and the cycle continues

We are Liverpool in the 90s

JPRouve

Scout
I believe the OP was saying that money wasn't the issue on Dybala part... even though the club have attempted to paint him as the villain who was chasing money
Exactly, the discussion was specifically about Dybala, other possible dealings have nothing to do with it and could still happen.

devilish

You may doubt it but it's a fact, it's not as if United was a PLC and the financial reports public.
Statistics can be interpreted in a million and one ways . I know because half of my family are accountants who are pretty involved in AGM meetings.

Anders Agnalt

Looks like he isn't a mercenary, we just aren't an attractive prospect to him. People need to wake up and smell the coffee if they think we can keep having average seasons missing out on CL and remain attractive to top players because of our history and money.
In a few years the money will dry up and then we are just an average money machine as well!

Flexdegea

Keep dreaming it won't happen

I'm not dreaming, purely pointing out that this place is hysterical about twitter hacks and any sort of info as its facts, we must be in for about 30 players, and then the clubs are mugs when its not true, pure shatter gun approach funnily which is the reason we are stuck with a squad that needs gutting.

if spurs get him because they paid more money than what we were offering, or he takes less then fair play to them.. fact is too many of these players take the club for a ride.

TsuWave

If this goes through it would be a reality check to United and large segments of this forum

BarstoolProphet

Agree. And even Arsenal have started spending. Dread to think what would have happened if Chelsea didn't have the transfer ban. Our only hope, which is a slim one, is that Liverpool is burnt out (loooooooong stretch), Arsenal still being Arsenal and Chelsea are as mediocre as their team suggests. Trying to be positive here, but it's hard when it looks like the club aren't even trying at all. Dybala might have been a new AdM for us, but atleast it would show supporters and our star players that we still have an ambition of getting to the very top in the near future.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I'm not dreaming, purely pointing out that this place is hysterical about twitter hacks and any sort of info as its facts, we must be in for about 30 players, and then the clubs are mugs when its not true, pure shatter gun approach funnily which is the reason we are stuck with a squad that needs gutting.

if spurs get him because they paid more money than what we were offering, or he takes less then fair play to them.. fact is too many of these players take the club for a ride.
They are not paying more money

Dybala looked at us and realised we are a shit club now and told us to pay a fortune or feck off

devilish

Nothing ever changes

We will get 6th to 8th and the cycle continues

We are Liverpool in the 90s
Sponsorships will eventually dry out, our fan base will get smaller and United will become less attractive. At that point the Glazers will have to sell out. Hopefully they will feck off and take all the rookies and incompetent people they hired with them

Irrational.

The funniest part of this transfer saga is Woodward taking the moral fecking highground regarding player fees when he's been behind paying trash like Sanchez, Schweinsteiger and Falcao (who have/ had no resale value) obscene money. It really is baffling.

Infra-red

If they sign him, Tottenham are going to have 3 players who have proved they can score 20 goals in a season. To put it in perspective, we have none with Lukaku going.
This will be our biggest issue this season. Yes, we can't control midfield and yes, we don't have much creativity in the team, but the endless slew of missed chances from Rashford/Martial is going to be painful to watch.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Sponsorships will eventually dry out, our fan base will get smaller and United will become less attractive. At that point the Glazers will have to sell out. Hopefully they will feck off and take all the rookies and incompetent people they hired with them
I hope so, but feck me they have been here an awful long time now

We will be 7 years without a title at the end of this season and no challenge even

We became Arsenal very quickly

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Meanwhile we haven't spent shit all offseason and are watching how fecking Spurs of all teams get an amazing 25-year old player in the exact position we need reinforcements in. Pretty infuriating.
Try watching it happen when your team hasn't just won a major trophy and has just sold a striker who was second highest goalscorer last season and won't be replaced this summer.

Even more infuriating I can assure you.

devilish

I hope so, but feck me they have been here an awful long time now

We will be 7 years without a title at the end of this season and no challenge even

We became Arsenal very quickly
this season we'll probably get rid of Ole and the trip to nostalgia crew. Its a start.

koop

The money this guy would of brought in from shirt sales alone would of been more than enough to pay off those fecking agent fees.

Fek off Wudwurd

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The money this guy would of brought in from shirt sales alone would of been more than enough to pay off those fecking agent fees.

Fek off Wudwurd
I can’t tell if this is satire. :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think that's the case regardless of who Spurs sign today tbh. Spurs are very much the new Arsenal in that you can almost guarantee their top 4 place

If Spurs do sign Dybala what they probably do is secure 3rd place and really should be giving a real title challenge (not like the title challenges of a few years ago an actual title challenge)

paulblart

Not really sold on him as a player, so not too disappointed by this. Think he'll struggle in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.