Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud7

The largest Italian Juventus forum asked "Would you trade Dybala for Lukaku?".. 90% has voted NO.
Most people with at least one functioning eye wouldn’t trade Dybala for Lukaku. No idea what Sarri and the Juve hierarchy are playing at if this is true. We need to take advantage of it if it is though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not really comparable though, is it? Dybala was immense at Juve before Ronnie, struggling after he joined. Neymar looked immense with Messi, struggling to really make a mark after leaving him.
I was only half serious. Haven't followed Dybala at all.

Fooza

I'm not sure he'll get to be the main man in our attack with young Lingard around..:wenger:
Oddly enough Dybala's celebration with his hand/mask gesture reminded of JLingz who has done very similar celebrations before. They'll get along like a house on fire.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I was asked to give my view on Dybala to United. So I did.

And then @Berbaclass jumped in to attack my view - even though I said that Dybala will improve United, possibly a lot - simply because I think that Lo Celso is a better fit for Spurs.

It's typical of some posters on here - they wade in to attack almost anything I say, and then have the gall to accuse me of hi-jacking the thread.
I don’t really like and take issue with your inferation that because Spurs are interested in Lo Celso it makes Dybala some sort of second rate option that wouldn’t even get in your team.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not really comparable though, is it? Dybala was immense at Juve before Ronnie, struggling after he joined. Neymar looked immense with Messi, struggling to really make a mark after leaving him.
Not to derail, but Neymar has been excellent without Messi too.

It's injuries that are his biggest problem at PSG.

C'est Moi Cantona

I hope, but I doubt, we have this locked down, as I could easily see Juve playing us & Inter with this one.

Reel us in to the better deal, and make Inter panic buy elsewhere, then once they have pull the plug, they're clever in the transfer market, & sadly we are probably that gullible, it's more believable than them actually wanting Lukaku.

Scholsey2004

For those who are interested Dybala is a Polish name. His family came from Poland originally. I'd presumed it was Italian or Spanish like so many Argentinian names but it seems not.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not true, Neymar has been phenomenal without Messi. He just doesn't get the hype playing in a farmer league.

Swiss_Red89

-----------Martial--------------
Rashford---Dybala---Greenwood

All four interchanging positions during the game. That could be something that will finally get the fans out of the seats again.

Cantonaaa!

Can't believe people who don't want this guy. So much talent. Perfect playmate for Pogba as well.
Also see a lot comparing this to Di Maria, Falcao and Sanchez, but I think they are just being lazy and negative. He could be our catalyst, god knows it won't be Lingard so let's take a chance at least.

If he turns the deal down we'll be sad.

meninred

There are comments about Dibala that he is more of am impact player, a bit of luxury player but good to have to add spice to the team
but that he is not a player who fights and scores for the team week-in week-out. Comparisons are with Morata and Berbatov.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I hope, but I doubt, we have this locked down, as I could easily see Juve playing us & Inter with this one.

Reel us in to the better deal, and make Inter panic buy elsewhere, then once they have pull the plug, they're clever in the transfer market, & sadly we are probably that gullible, it's more believable than them actually wanting Lukaku.
They have too many players midfielders in their side. I have a feeling Sarri is going to change their system as well. Dybala isn’t going to be happy if he has another subpar season due to him being played out of position.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
But he comes from South America where we previously had some let down?

Also seems unlikely he was in K stand weekly as a kid with Keano on his wall.

Mercenary. Start J Lingz

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If he has problems with a true professional like Ronaldo wait until he meets the Beans Brothers at Carrington.

Womp

idiot
Not true, Neymar has been phenomenal without Messi. He just doesn't get the hype playing in a farmer league.
Hasn't been as influential in Europe, which is where players of his calibre should be judged, especially when you play in France. That's what I meant by him not being able to make a mark. He's still been good, but by all accounts has arguably been outshone by Mbappe and hasn't been influential in Europe. Injuries did play a big part though, I agree.

I digress though, not the right thread.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I don’t really like and take issue with your inferation that because Spurs are interested in Lo Celso it makes Dybala some sort of second rate option that wouldn’t even get in your team.
I didn't infer that even remotely. I'd check your paranoia levels if I were you.

Scholsey2004

Oddly enough Dybala's celebration with his hand/mask gesture reminded of JLingz who has done very similar celebrations before. They'll get along like a house on fire.
What is that celebration anyway? I always wonder if he's trying to be slightly vulgar. As in 'heres what I'll be doing after the match!'.

cjhill44

Don't like to kill the mood but I'm not sure about this deal.

It smells like a Woodward signing to me. Dybala is a great player don't get me wrong and has a huge social media following, will sell lots of shirts etc. I doubt if he was on Ole's list of wanted transfers.

Initial reports were that he wants to stay at Juve, and that's the last thing we need, to swap one player who doesn't want to be at the club for another. Plus he'll be on huge wages.

I'd have taken the £65million that Inter were offering for Lukaku and re-invested that on Maguire or Fernandes

I hope i'm wrong but this seems like a Di Maria or Falcao situation again. Big-name that will struggle to fit into the managers' system/style of play.

C'est Moi Cantona

They have too many players midfielders in their side. I have a feeling Sarri is going to change their system as well. Dybala isn’t going to be happy if he has another subpar season due to him being played out of position.
Fair enough, I'm in, but I'm also highly sceptical about us in the transfer market, & Juve are not stupid.

OverratedOpinion

I don't imagine them doing that when they know how disgruntled that would leave Dybala. Also Lukaku's reputation is at an all time low, I doubt they would go to those lengths just to stop Inter signing him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If he has problems with a true professional like Ronaldo wait until he meets the Beans Brothers at Carrington.
He gets on with Ronaldo.

Is issues are he can't get on the pitch because of Ronaldo.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Hasn't been as influential in Europe, which is where players of his calibre should be judged, especially when you play in France. That's what I meant by him not being able to make a mark. He's still been good, but by all accounts has arguably been outshone by Mbappe and hasn't been influential in Europe. Injuries did play a big part though, I agree.

I digress though, not the right thread.
Neymar has been influential in Europe, 32 goals and 23 assists in 52 games in the Champions League.

PSG not being successful in Europe goes deeper than Neymar. He's a guaranteed goal a game and assist every other game. Not sure what more he can do to dominate which he is already doing.

slored1

To swap Dybala for Lukaku would be mad. An absolute bargain for us, and a great solution for our fluid attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.