Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

I don't know how much Duncan Castles knows but all the way back in May, he said we had been speaking to his agent and told him we would bid if we sold Lukaku.
Mail in today's report said we had lined up an €80m bid as a replacement.
The notion this is a oure accidebt Mingyu not be true.
I will look for the Castles story.
He went even further, said we agreed to pay Juve's asking price, 100m

Andersons Dietician

I haven't.
How do we look?
High pressing, counter attacks, intensity much faster transitions and the ball is moving a lot quicker. 4231 has been the shape, high line defenders pushed high.

Which I mean for me does make me think does Dybala really suit what Ole looks like he is trying to implement.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dybala is shit according to the Juventus fan at work. I had to remind him that he was saying over a week ago how Dybala is incredible and will play for Juventus for a decade.

Devil81

We've got to be careful though, Maguire has been having his medical for the last four week!!

This could all be pie in the sky.

For all we know Juve could have offered us money plus Dybala for Pogba....

Imagine that story breaking.

Halal Jalal

We've got to be careful though, Maguire has been having his medical for the last four week!!

This could all be pie in the sky.

For all we know Juve could have offered us money plus Dybala for Pogba....

Imagine that story breaking.
Impossible. The only reason why Dybala would come here is to play with PP, no way he'd agree to join if Pogba leaves.

AlexUTD

We need a CB and a DM without a doubt, and I don't think that would stop us getting a CB now. I don't think we've looked at a single DM other than Longstaff, so that's looking like a next summer thing. Being able to in my opinion fix our attack and provide a perfect balance of quality, the type of player he is, the position he plays in, his potential to be one of the best in the world, and the right age where he wouldn't block our most promising youngsters who are ~7 years younger than him, just by essentially swapping out a player who I dont think has ever suited us, is perfect for the attack.

What I think the situation is is that it's an either or situation with Bruno Fernandes or Dybala. That's a no brainer for me. Bruno Fernandes is nowhere near the level of Dybala, nowhere near as proven, nowhere near the potential that Dybala has if we get the best out of him. Bruno Fernandes I also feel like doesn't fit our midfield needs, nor our attacking needs. Also a massive risk in terms of going from the Portuguese league to the premier league, whereas there is much less risk with Dybala.
I agree that Dybala is a class player, no doubt. If we need the Lukaku cash to buy CB/DM/CM i rather prioritize those holes first. For balance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Say what you want about Castles, but I’m pretty sure he hears about things miles before anyone else in the British media. This Dybala thing could have been in the works for ages, but has only really become concrete recently.
He's been really hit or miss this summer, didn't he recently say that Maguire had left Leicester training for a United medical?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He's been really hit or miss this summer, didn't he recently say that Maguire had left Leicester training for a United medical?
That was McGarry I believe, Castles has said that we had agreed a deal which I believe is probably the case in principle but Leicester are stalling on it until they have Dunk.

Devil81

Impossible. The only reason why Dybala would come here is to play with PP, no way he'd agree to join if Pogba leaves.
What is this current obsession people have with thinking players don't want to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world?

We're a much bigger club than Juve, it's a step up not a step down. Fair enough they've got Ronaldo and they win the league every year but maybe the idea of helping United back to the top of the tree is an idea most would want to.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That was McGarry I believe, Castles has said that we had agreed a deal which I believe is probably the case in principle but Leicester are stalling on it until they have Dunk.
Ahhhh, I see. Fair enough then. Let's see if he turns out to be correct, here's hoping.

Can7onA

It's going to be like Ronaldo is 8 years old again, practising kicking a ball against a brick wall.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Imagine trading Lukaku for Dybala...! You couldn't make this up :lol:

Ronaldo and Sarri must be loving it!
Hope i'm not jinxing it now... pretty good at that, i am.
Mate I thought it was a wind up to start with yesterday, unreal that Juve are even considering it :lol:

Haha I know, but I seriously can't help myself this time :drool:

DoomSlayer

At this point I just want to see a deal being done, with any player that we are linked with. It would at least create some more positive vibes around our club.

Devil81

Imagine trading Lukaku for Dybala...! You couldn't make this up :lol:

Ronaldo and Sarri must be loving it!
Hope i'm not jinxing it now... pretty good at that, i am.

Mental isn't it, Dybala is such a huge upgrade technically on Lukaku it's a complete no brainer. People on here worrying about us getting an unmotivated player need to remember were getting rid of the biggest waste of space we have a the club (other than Sanchez). He doesn't fit our style and I give him two seasons and Juve will pull the plug as well.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Mental isn't it, Dybala is such a huge upgrade technically on Lukaku it's a complete no brainer. People on here worrying about us getting an unmotivated player need to remember were getting rid of the biggest waste of space we have a the club (other than Sanchez). He doesn't fit our style and I give him two seasons and Juve will pull the plug as well.
And all the people saying noone will want to come to play for Solskjær, we need bigger manager to attract top players.
It's like we were Brighton... (no offense to Brighton!)

Halal Jalal

What is this current obsession people have with thinking players don't want to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world?

We're a much bigger club than Juve, it's a step up not a step down. Fair enough they've got Ronaldo and they win the league every year but maybe the idea of helping United back to the top of the tree is an idea most would want to.
Lets be realistic here - he'd be leaving CL contenders for an EL club. History is a nice bonus, but players (especially those of Dybala's calibre) care about present.

We're lucky to have his best mate here, and to be in financial position to double his Juve contract. Excellent opportunity, Woodward needs to get it done.

adam118

Mate I thought it was a wind up to start with yesterday, unreal that Juve are even considering it :lol:

Haha I know, but I seriously can't help myself this time :drool:
Not sure how this will work for Juve but maybe trying to replicate the Benzema role for Ronaldo

izec

I was literally just thinking about that, but he also said we were in for Pepe - which Simon Stone poured cold water all over. Hard to tell if this was right all along.
Maybe we decided only one of the two and once Dybala was more concrete, we went for him

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The big question is... what has Xisimon said about Dybala? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.