Pele has passed away

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sorry to hear the news, without doubt one of the greatest to ever play the game. I'm not old enough to have seen him play but his record is absolutely incredible and surpasses pretty much every other player in the history of the game. His international record is insane (77 goals in 92 appearances) and his record at Santos is absolutely mind blowing - 618 goals in 636 games!!!! With a total career record in league football of 655 goals in 700 games.

Brophs

The One and Only
Official records show he passed away at the age of 82 but Pele himself claims he was 247.

Blackwidow

Rest in peace. After the last news about him it is not surprising and it is better that he went sooner than later.

Sara125

RIP. Will be remembered by generations of football fans to come. Saw the Apple News notification and it’s still crazy even knowing he’s been battling cancer for a while now.

Hoof the ball

If you need to know just how much of a genius he was, consider how he pioneered many skills that wouldn't become popular until decades later. He was that far ahead. That much of a well of geniality.

The absolute balls to even think of doing that at such a stage as the World Cup. Shame it went wide, but the fact that you don't even see people thinking to even try it is itself an argument for Pele's genius.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If you need to know just how much of a genius he was, consider how he pioneered many skills that wouldn't become popular until decades later. He was that far ahead. That much of a well of geniality.

The absolute balls to even think of doing that at such a stage as the World Cup. Shame it went wide, but the fact that you don't even see people thinking to even try it is itself an argument for Pele's genius.

I remember Blomqvist doing this and scoring.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
His no look pass for Carlos Alberto's goal in the 1970 world cup final still transfixes me. So many amazing elements to that goal. In a fecking world cup final.