Penalty taker - Ole needs to pick his men

Who should take our penalties?

• Total voters

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can anyone explain why one of our two nominated penalty takers didn’t take a penalty tonight?
Shootouts tend to be whoever sticks their hand up to take one. Maybe he didn't fancy himself?

The stick he would have gotten if he'd missed would have been much bigger than any of the other lads who stepped up to be fair. Not excusing him, but I kinda get it.

LInkash

Is it a sign of him being phased out of the team? Not being picked as captain, not taking penalities...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I have a feeling that Pogba is just a body in this team. He is here because he must be here but in his head he doesn't have any emotion for this club. In his first season he was all over the pitch, fighting, celebrating goals, he played with passion. Now, he just does his job as a football player. Like a robot

SirAF

Ageist
Shootouts tend to be whoever sticks their hand up to take one. Maybe he didn't fancy himself?

The stick he would have gotten if he'd missed would have been much bigger than any of the other lads who stepped up to be fair. Not excusing him, but I kinda get it.
I can appreciate that, but I’m not sure that’s an attitude I’d want at United.

Judas

Open to offers
I have a feeling that Pogba is just a body in this team. He is here because he must be here but in his head he doesn't have any emotion for this club. In his first season he was all over the pitch, fighting, celebrating goals, he played with passion. Now, he just does his job as a football player. Like a robot
Completely disagree. I think he cares about the club a lot, but he also cares about his own career unsurprisingly and wants to be a success, he knows that isn't going to happen if he stays here.

Enigma_87

You know who
Can anyone explain why one of our two nominated penalty takers didn’t take a penalty tonight?
I'd imagine there were no managerial instructions. Just whoever wants to take it and the players decide on the pitch. You know..as always.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Completely disagree. I think he cares about the club a lot, but he also cares about his own career unsurprisingly and wants to be a success, he knows that isn't going to happen if he stays here.
Yes, i meant that. I know that in general he likes this club but now he is not bothered with results because of his own career. In his head he wants to go. And i don't blame him. If i am him, player who can play for any other team and win titles, i would put transfer request last summer. I mean, it is normal that for him his own career is more important than club.

Having said that, i care much more for this club than for him of course so i still hope that he will sign new contract and stay( but i doubt it)

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Pogba was injured at the end last night. He could barely move for the final couple of minutes. Did this not come across on TV?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The game wasn't on tv.

It;s ridiculous he played all 90. Watch him not play vs Arsenal now.
Hopefully it was just a knock as he was last off the pitch with Ole last night, rather than a muscle injury, but he moved real slow trying to keep a ball in play near the Rochdale goal line and then was stranded in the centre circle for the final minute or so.

NinjaFletch

Hopefully it was just a knock as he was last off the pitch with Ole last night, rather than a muscle injury, but he moved real slow trying to keep a ball in play near the Rochdale goal line and then was stranded in the centre circle for the final minute or so.
It's difficult to tell if that's because Pogba picked up an injury or because Pogba spends lots of the game walking anyway though, isn't it?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's difficult to tell if that's because Pogba picked up an injury or because Pogba spends lots of the game walking anyway though, isn't it?
You're hilarious, such wit!

No, he clearly picked up a knock or something near the end. We weren't surprised to not see him take a pen given the other options.

NinjaFletch

No, he clearly picked up a knock or something near the end. We weren't surprised to not see him take a pen given the other options.
I wasn't really joking tbf. Pogba is certainly not the most high action player you've ever seen, and does have a slightly odd gait which looks a bit like a limp anyway. Combine that with the fact it was his first 90 for a while and I didn't see any obvious sign that he'd picked up an injury, rather than just being normal Pogba.

Not saying you're wrong; just that if you're right it wasn't obvious and is an excellent spot.

Enigma_87

You know who

It's his style, Berbatov was often lambasted for that.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I wasn't really joking tbf. Pogba is certainly not the most high action player you've ever seen, and does have a slightly odd gait which looks a bit like a limp anyway. Combine that with the fact it was his first 90 for a while and I didn't see any obvious sign that he'd picked up an injury, rather than just being normal Pogba.

Not saying you're wrong; just that if you're right it wasn't obvious and is an excellent spot.
I might be wrong. Have been before, but can only share what two of us noted last night.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Pogba was injured at the end last night. He could barely move for the final couple of minutes. Did this not come across on TV?
Was sadly right on this one. Ole confirmed during press conference.