'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Sadly, he and City completed football last season.

So, while its nice and all that they are doing not so good this season, would rather have them win the next 5 EPL's if they didn't win UCL.
Yeah because nobody has ever did what they did before :rolleyes:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah because nobody has ever did what they did before :rolleyes:
No, but its supremely annoying whenever these oil clubs gets their first UCL, they are there in the history books as UCL-winners.

It is the biggest club trophy in the world by some distance, if they picked up some extra domestic trophies instead, i would take that.

always_hoping

Only one win in their last six games which was 2-1 against Luton and 4 of those games has been at home.

Berbaclass

No, but its supremely annoying whenever these oil clubs gets their first UCL, they are there in the history books as UCL-winners.

It is the biggest club trophy in the world by some distance, if they picked up some extra domestic trophies instead, i would take that.
Which makes is also irrelevant to a degree.

AndySmith1990

Not sure they're going to go on their usual second half of the season winning run. We're going to be rooting for Arsenal or Villa (to stop Liverpool) at this rate

Red Royal

It makes it even more annoying that when City$$ have a bad period we have badly regressed this season rather than close the gap.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Time for him to move to Italy for one season and then come to us. Like a cnut version of Denis Law

Statue of Limitations

It looks like the Treble did take a big toll on the squad, like they have beaten a video game and aren't arsed about the side quests now after the reload.
If they miss out on Top 4, that will be beautiful, even more so if Pep walks away at the end of the season.

sangria

It looks like the Treble did take a big toll on the squad, like they have beaten a video game and aren't arsed about the side quests now after the reload.
If they miss out on Top 4, that will be beautiful, even more so if Pep walks away at the end of the season.
Was Ederson experimenting with the in-game physics on Mateta earlier?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure they're going to go on their usual second half of the season winning run. We're going to be rooting for Arsenal or Villa (to stop Liverpool) at this rate
They might well do, bearing in mind they've had their best player out for the whole season so far.
Will make a huge difference.

They just have to make sure they're still in touching distance though, which they're at real risk of not being.

Berbaclass

They might well do, bearing in mind they've had their best player out for the whole season so far.
Will make a huge difference.

They just have to make sure they're still in touching distance though, which they're at real risk of not being.
That also had games in hand last year for ages didn't they. So although Arse were above them it was a little bit false

JogaBonitoRooney

Oh boo hoo coming from a Real Madrid fan. Yeah let's see them win instead, so original. City, Real Madrid, Barcelona are equally annoying and boring. Football loses whenever they win. Doesn't matter who is an oil club. Keeping in mind who Barca and Madrid's Gulf state shirt sponsors are. Would like to see other Spanish clubs win for once.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
They won't miss out on top one, never mind top four.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
The only reason why I am rooting against them winning is that it would be another season that would eventually end up without a PL winner in the history books, this is after the proceedings against them are finalized. A bit bad for the competition.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
The only reason why I am rooting against them winning is that it would be another season that would eventually end up without a PL winner in the history books, this is after the proceedings against them are finalized. A bit bad for the competition.
A. Nothing is going to happen to us.
B. Even if it did the charges only go to 2018 so everything we won after that is clear anyway, including the treble.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

B. Even if it did the charges only go to 2018 so everything we won after that is clear anyway, including the treble.
a) Seems unlikely it will be 'nothing' when teams are losing 10 points for FFP breaches which were unintentional and City have been overinflating income through false sponsorships and reducing outgoings with offshore salary payments. Almost certain expulsion from PL. Whether permanent or fixed term remains to be seen. Let's not forget these allegations have already been proven by UEFA but were time barred due to your club frustrating the investigation, not a factor here.

b) The investigation started then and was wholly reactive. There is nothing prohibiting a second investigation after this one for the interim period, or even the titles in those years being assessed as a byproduct of the cheating, corruption and money laundering which preceded it.

I don't think we'll see titles re-awarded and most fans are against that from what I've seen (me included). I do think that they should, and probably will, be voided as 'No Winner' years like the Lance Armstrong TdF titles. That also leaves a note in the history books of the corrupt era we've observed in the EPL and a deterrent to other sports washing, human rights abusing, minority murdering regimes (wee club in the North East).

You're deluded if you think the Treble is "safe" or that it'll even matter when the corruption is proven and you're turning out in the Vanarama North League.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Would rather be sacked so he doesn’t have to stand by his word and stay with them once they get punished