'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Pep's Suit

1-1 against West Brom at home, 17 mins left and he didn't even make one change. I don't understand it why he's so stubborn and his ego can't accept it doesn't work. Just like against Lyon or many other times this year.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The amount of football that has been crammed in since project restart has clearly starting to catch up with certain teams. City look so lethargic. Im sure they find a late winner but its been a poor showing again.

Zen86

They’ve gone worse since he signed his contract. City seem a bit devoid of ideas lately, like Guardiola doesn’t really know what to do any more.

Bojan11

They’ve gone worse since he signed his contract. City seem a bit devoid of ideas lately, like Guardiola doesn’t really know what to do any more.
Eh?

They been going downhill since last year. The problem is now they struggling to put away teams that they usually score 5 past.

Ludens the Red

He’s having an absolute shocker of a season. From the tactical farts v Leicester and us. To crying about not having five subs and then never making changes.
1-1 at home to West Brom with them having ten men behind the ball and he keeps on Rodri, subs his full backs but doesn’t bring on Torres or Mahrez.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He’s having an absolute shocker of a season. From the tactical farts v Leicester and us. To crying about not having five subs and then never making changes.
1-1 at home to West Brom with them having ten men behind the ball and he keeps on Rodri, subs his full backs but doesn’t bring on Torres or Mahrez.
Why would he bring on Mahrez? Have you seen him at all this season?

I'm not sure 4-2-3-1 suits city.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As I said after the derby and in the match day thread it can only because they're signing Messi that hes agreed a new contract as surely even he knows his time at City is done now

Zen86

Eh?

They been going downhill since last year. The problem is now they struggling to put away teams that they usually score 5 past.
Not saying they haven’t. But they seem to have dropped a bit more since the Pep’s future was tied up and the speculation ended, which is the opposite of what you would expect.

Jagga7

I don't know what most of you guys are on about. They still dominate and play great football, they are just missing far too many chances. Having Aguero injured and aging has been a massive blow for them.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's completely to blame for this one. Might have LVG'd us out of the title race. Has to bin the Gundogan and Rodri double pivot now before its too late.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't know what most of you guys are on about. They still dominate and play great football, they are just missing far too many chances. Having Aguero injured and aging has been a massive blow for them.
We created feck all in the last 180 minutes.

Bojan11

You do realise every club has had injuries. That’s a shit excuse considering the talent City have.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Unfortunately he'll (finally) win the Champions League with City this season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's completely to blame for this one. Might have LVG'd us out of the title race. Has to bin the Gundogan and Rodri double pivot now before its too late.
Chelsea just lost against Wolves. Tottenham and Pool yet to play each other. Us being... us. No one is out of the title race (it's not even a race it's more "you go good sir", "oh no please, you go"...)

cyberman

No, they dont. They go long periods now where they dont even get a shot on target

HowYouDoin

Last two minutes were mental.
Gundogans header, the free kick, Sterlings header. Woah.
Thought all 3 would go in.

Gonçalo Motta

Messi was exactly what Guardiola needed, even just for a year. They place nice football but they're missing a star player who'll provide a spark.
Kinda depends on what version of Messi they would get tbh. Messi can be as passive as this City team and I'm not sure that he would be the right fit for them atm.
In one hand a 33y old Messi with motivion issues can add another problem in to the mix, in the other hand it can have a massive boost effect on the rest of team.

el3mel

If he finishes outside top 4 - and it's really possible - then what next ? Will he resign or will they sack him themselves ?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I would say i don't know why he agreed to a new contract because he doesn't seem that bothered anymore, but the wage offered and the off the books wage must have been far too good to turn down.

padr81

Supports
Man City
If he finishes outside top 4 - and it's really possible - then what next ? Will he resign or will they sack him themselves ?
He'll be sacked, don't see it coming to that but for sure it'd cost him his job.

HowYouDoin

Theyre in a bit of a catch 22 with Pep.
Its not working out now really but he is possibly the GOAT manager, you dont just fire him.
Although Pochettino is available and all but you just dont fire Pep.
City needs a change though. They have plateaued. It isnt just them though, same goes for Barca, Madrid and perhaps even Paris

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Do many top teams play the double pivot? Maybe this system just doesn’t suit football anymore?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
TBF City dominated this one. I've seen games where Pep's stubbornness to not change his style has hurt them, but in this match they should have scored a few. Pep's tactics didn't let them down. Poor finishing and great goal keeping were their undoing. Best part is it was one of our former academy players who was responsible for them dropping points today. Well done Sam...

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
The project was always get Barca's execs, manager, playing style and star player

No matter how they do he aint getting sacked till messi arrives

cyberman

They average the most shots per game. They are going for a bad patch at the moment and as usual people are massively overreacting.
Its been a bad patch for a while. Its a tired squad that was doomed by not replacing Silva and relying on an injury prone crock up front.
They were showing signs of worsening last year and they are plunging even deeper. The imagination is gone, they cant get around defences anymore which would explain why they need to take more shots from in front of defences rather than behind.

AshRK

This season doesn't say so.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Struggling for a goal late on and they don't bring on Mahrez or B Silva.
That seems pretty odd.

Superunknown

Struggling for a goal late on and they don't bring on Mahrez or B Silva.
That seems pretty odd.
Is Mahrez injured? I can't understand why he wasn't brought on, as he was pretty much exactly what they needed. Chances are he would've got a deflected goal or been at the end of a cross. Amazing, to be honest.

Nero

:houllier: Not sure if this is serious or sarcasm.
People on here have been insisting this shite for the past decade.

Every single year this is definitely the year they will win it, and then they never even come close. They'll all be back again when the CL starts up in the spring with the same old shit.

I don't know if it's a coping mechanism incase they do win it, or whether they just have no shame.