PFA Team of the Year

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You are only comparing league gamers and not showing the full picture here. For example, he only made 17 starts in PL, as compared to 36 starts from Son, 34 starts from Salah.

Besides, Foden has overall 16 goals and 9 assists this season (league and cups), which is not bad at all. I'd say Foden is one of the more important player for City winning the title.
"He only made 17 starts in the EPL". Exactly

"Foden has overall 16 goals and 9 assists this season (league and cups)". EPL team of the season not EPL and a bunch of cups team of the season. In the EPL he has 9G 5A. Is that enough to knock of Son and Salah? I certainly don't think so...

Andersons Dietician

The best stats of any CB in the league this season says otherwise. These stats are more trusted than your 'eye test'.
You get eye tests at specsavers. I’ve watched and played the game for over 30 years as have many others. People need to get over just relying on stats and actually think about games and what is happening on the pitch and how these things are used in context.

If you want to go off of just stats and a rating system based off that then only 3 of those selected by the PFA are in the team of the year. Shaw is out but Bissaka is in. Grealish, Watkins, Cancello, Mahrez all make it in then.

Last edited:

Bertie 2 Hats

I've noticed that only 3 players in the 'PFA Team of the Year' had actually won 'Player of the Month'... Son (Oct).. Bruno (Nov, Dec).. Gündogan (Jan, Feb).