Gaming PGA 2K23

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Well a few weeks ago I lost my PGA 2K21 disc somewhere in my place (it will turn up I guess) so I had to go back to my 2019 disc on Xbox - its the one I played in lockdown, so I had got quite good at it.

But I decided to see if I could get the newest version 2K23 second-hand (it came out october last year) amazingly its on-sale new in Game at £17.99 down from a crazy £54. So I got one at the weekend. It is very impressive. Do any United fans on here enjoy computer golf?

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Leaving aside the issues about the game and how it plays, I bet whomever owns the franchise is having second thoughts about putting Tiger Woods on the box-art.

I assume it was because he won the Masters in 2019. But he had been 'dropped' off the franchise for quite a few years after Tiger Woods 14 and he is back in the news again for not golfing reasons and it doesn't look good:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/20...-erica-herman-jilted-ex-girlfriend-court-row/

Ainu

I've played a ton of both PGA2K21 and 23. On-course, they're by far the best ones I've ever played but I have to say I was disappointed by the lack of meaningful improvements in 23, especially off-course. Still great, but should've been better.

I do like how much more punishing downhill putts and chips are in 23. In 21 you could pretty much go after every pin without thinking, while in 23 you're more likely to leave yourself below the hole for a longer uphill putt or chip and accept the par instead of risking it. Also, with how difficult half-swing pitch shots can be, taking less club and leaving a full wedge in is often preferable to just hitting your longest clubs every time. All logical and normal stuff, but that definitely wasn't how I played 2K21.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Love a good golf game on console.

Been a fan of the HB studios offerings, was originally the golf club, then moved to PGA. They play much better than what EA used to churn out, but I'm hopeful for the new EA game coming too.

Agree with @Ainu that there wasn't a great deal of improvements from 2k21 to 2k23 tbh, not a fan of the boosts/skill things they added in, always find that a bit gimmicky as like mine to be slightly sim like.

The club upgrades are kinda cool as you'd expect to slightly improve over time.

I still want them to let me put my own real distances against the clubs so I can see how shit i would be in Augusta for real

Like, I don't want to be smashing pws 150 yard when I only hit mine 110 or something, especially with a lot of real courses on there, means before I go play I can plan my attack on the game.