Philadelphia Union vs Manchester United - Pre-Season Tour

mswiss

You're overestamating the US.
eh i think your underestimating some of the union players, le toux is a quick foward who can finish, i bet he scores at least one if he plays

MarylandMUFan

eh i think your underestimating some of the union players, le toux is a quick foward who can finish, i bet he scores at least one if he plays
The Union a quite an entertaining attacking side. If they ever figure out how to finish in front of the net they will be dangerous. On the flip side, there defense and goaltending can be quite an adventure. Should be fun.

wr8_utd

:'(
Why does ANYONE want to see Welbeck again in the winger role where he is absolutely, infuriatingly pathetic.
Give him a chance upfront!

Maajid

Formerly Mad
The Union a quite an entertaining attacking side. If they ever figure out how to finish in front of the net they will be dangerous. On the flip side, there defense and goaltending can be quite an adventure. Should be fun.
You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Berlinknives

Why does ANYONE want to see Welbeck again in the winger role where he is absolutely, infuriatingly pathetic.
Give him a chance upfront!
It was Fergie's intent to play Van der Sar, Berbatov, Fletcher and Smalling the whole 90 minutes, Welbeck was assumed to be a better option on the wing than Macheda or Diouf who were also due some playing time so he played there instead.

Without Nani, he was limited with his wing choices anyway, he had Giggs and Welbeck on one flank with Obertan and Cleverley on the other.

I suppose he could've stuck Corry Evans on for Berbatov, and moved Fletcher to the right which may've been the plan, but the game wasn't secure enough for a possible Corry Evans-Darron Gibson pairing.

Berlinknives

I'd like to see

Kuszczak
Brown
Smalling
Evans
Fabio
Welbeck
Gibson
Scholes
Obertan
Berbatov
Diouf
Without Gibson, I could see:

------------Kuszczak-----------
-O'Shea-Brown--J.Evans--DeLaet
-Cleverley-C.Evans-Scholes-Nani
-------Welbeck----Macheda-----

RonaldoVII

Undecided whether I should watch this game live or not. I'm up at 7.45 tomorrow for work but reckon I could get away with sleeping for an hour or so, watch the match, then get another 5 hours...or I could just record it and watch tomorrow.

The Flying Potato

Undecided whether I should watch this game live or not. I'm up at 7.45 tomorrow for work but reckon I could get away with sleeping for an hour or so, watch the match, then get another 5 hours...or I could just record it and watch tomorrow.
The match isnt on till Thursday night/Friday morning.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Ok, I've come back from my vacation today to NJ and I can't find my tickets sent by Ticketmaster in my house. Anybody know what I'm supposed to do now?

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Ok, I've come back from my vacation today to NJ and I can't find my tickets sent by Ticketmaster in my house. Anybody know what I'm supposed to do now?
You could try calling Ticketmaster or the Will-Call. They should sort it out for you.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Ok, found the tickets. Maryland, you've got a phone number I can call for tomorrow?

Since i've used all my vacation, I can only start by 4.30 in NJ. I think I may have to miss our tail gate party. Will have to worry about parking and other stuff after I get there.

mswiss

hahaha im a union season ticket holder, so yes i know the pain of their adventurous backline :lol:

mswiss

So who are you going to support tomorrow?
:lol: ill be wearing a red keano shirt and for the first time not sitting in the Sons of Ben section (union supporters section). United are the club i wake up and read about every day.

the union is what I go to with my college roomates for fun, there definetly my second team

mswiss

that probably depends on where you are woody, for me it'll be tommorrow night. It's almost 11 pm and the games at 7 pm tommorow

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Had a fella from Philly give my sight a write up/review of what to epect it's pretty long (2 pages so I'll post some and leave a link to the rest.

Last week Celtic came in, (whom we beat 1-0 if you hadn’t heard), and none of them could name a single Union player. We wouldn’t expect them to considering this is actually the inaugural season for the club. We were awarded a franchise late in 2008 but season number one is currently being played.

I don’t know how much you know about Philadelphia, but in general our fans are widely considered the most passionate, (usually to a fault), have the highest collective sports IQ and basically eat, breathe and sleep our sports teams. Our teams have historically reflected the general attitude of the city which is a rough and tumble working class metropolis, (although in the last decade the city has gone through a massive amount of gentrification and is actually pretty trendy). As a result we play rough, and have the reputation of being the bad boys of the sporting world, in much the same way you the EPL might look at a Newcastle.

Our teams rarely win championships, (our baseball team is the losing-est team in baseball history), and have a history of heartbreak. Even so, sport makes up a majority of the lifeblood of this city.
The Union, only a few months old, has come to reflect a lot of what I was just describing. They started the season with few well known players and in fact are the youngest team, (average age), in the MLS. They played some sloppy, usually overly physical football the first month of the season and finished something like 3 of the first four games with 10 men. They also had to start 9 of their first games on the road because the new stadium, PPL Park, wasn’t finished yet. Man United won’t be playing Union there (as I’m sure you’re aware), instead they’ll be playing at the Linc (Lincoln Financial Field) which is home to our American football team and seats about some 60 thousand plus people. PPL Park is much smaller at about 18,000.
United could be in for a hard time in the City of Brotherly Love | The Busby Way

davisjw

I'll be there and counting down the hours while wandering aimlessly online trying to bide time :devil:

nyrfan818

:lol: Philly sports fans are considered to have the highest sports IQ??? That's definitely news to me. I'm guessing all the people that believe that actually reside in Philly.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Philly sports fans are all idiots and assholes. End of.

I need to get out of bed so I can be useful before we head to Philadelphia.