Pick a Side - Players or Manager (Poll Please)

SER19

For Mods, it'd be great if we could get a poll here to get a gauge of where fans stand at such a critical juncture. Plenty of threads re player talk etc but a poll would be interesting.

I think the direction of the club is determined by what happens in next few weeks. Its really clear the players are running to the press yet again, and are happy to fire Rangnick and his coaches the same way as Jose and Ole. Reputations ruined by their time here.

Im not saying back a manager blindly but knowing what we know about Rangnick in football and these players and their gripes, who's side are you on right now. The players or the managers?

If it were your choice tomorrow to back the manager wholeheartedly in his plan to build for a succesor or listen to players and get rid and hire somebody of a totally different ilk that the players might approve of

wolvored

Well we got no reason to dislike the manager as hes been here about a month or so, and the fact the players are playing the same shitty football as under Ole, I would back the manager.
As interim it is hard to be too hard a manager as you have little long term influence, so this doesnt go in his favour either to control a rabble of a team/squad.

Swedish_Plumber

Use RR to weed out the poison, attempt to implement a style and then bring in Ten hag.

The guy has been here about a month. Anyone calling for his head over the players prolongs the problem and it won’t matter who we bring in on a permanent basis.

MoskvaRed

The manager. He may not be an elite coach but he has history for building clubs. I trust him to weed out the bluffers.

SER19

Well we got no reason to dislike the manager as hes been here about a month or so, and the fact the players are playing the same shitty football as under Ole, I would back the manager.
As interim it is hard to be too hard a manager as you have little long term influence, so this doesnt go in his favour either to control a rabble of a team/squad.
I suggest is as i think I've seen a noticeable shift in attitude towards Rangnick in recent days and I fear the bigger picture is getting lost in the spin

CloneMC16

As bad as the players have been, they haven't turned on a manager anywhere near this fast. They really don't seem to like this guy if the leaks are legit. Most of these players were bought by Mourinho and Ole. If they're snakes, it's on them for signing them and not getting rid.

I would still back the manager at this point, though.

Strootman's Finger

Manager, he's been here 5 mins, how could any of this possibly be his fault? It's a ridiculous assertion to blame him for the players giving up on him after a month and a handful of games.

Ixion

RR might not be the right guy but most of these players are definitely not the right players to win us League titles. I see no point any more in backing the players over a manager.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
As bad as the players have been, they haven't turned on a manager anywhere near this fast. They really don't seem to like this guy if the leaks are legit. Most of these players were bought by Mourinho and Ole. If they're snakes, it's on them for signing them and not getting rid.

They dont like the truth.
feck them.

Manager all day long. Its not as if this bunch of cnuts are winning or energetic or even mildly entertaining.

SER19

Id argue that that's because of such a drastic shift from good guy ole to a completely unsentimental guy coming in demanding more from them. They're professional victims

clarkydaz

We saw in his first game what the manager was supposed to be about. The players didnt like it and reverted to type.

CloneMC16

They dont like the truth.
feck them.
Id argue that that's because of such a drastic shift from good guy ole to a completely unsentimental guy coming in demanding more from them. They're professional victims
You're both most likely right.

I would back the manager at this point. We've seen the same from these lads for way too long.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
First it was Moyes, then it was LVG, then it was Jose, then it was Ole, now it's Ralf. They've all been thrown under the bus not only by the players but also the fans and media alike, while the players continuously escape accountability. Not this time.

At some point or another, we have got to recognize the problem runs deeper than the guy picking the team.

Laurencio

Who in their right mind would be player over manager after 37 days? Clearly on the side of the manager on this. The players can do one.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I would back the manager because i have seen these players play under Ole as well

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Manager.
It's been far too many managers now. The problem is some of the players, I just hope RR has the balls to clear some of them out and send a signal to the rest.

Lost bear

For Mods, it'd be great if we could get a poll here to get a gauge of where fans stand at such a critical juncture. Plenty of threads re player talk etc but a poll would be interesting.

I think the direction of the club is determined by what happens in next few weeks. Its really clear the players are running to the press yet again, and are happy to fire Rangnick and his coaches the same way as Jose and Ole. Reputations ruined by their time here.

Im not saying back a manager blindly but knowing what we know about Rangnick in football and these players and their gripes, who's side are you on right now. The players or the managers?

If it were your choice tomorrow to back the manager wholeheartedly in his plan to build for a succesor or listen to players and get rid and hire somebody of a totally different ilk that the players might approve of
It’s a difficult one because it doesn’t really fit well into a straightforward ‘either/or’ situation and also because ‘the players’ aren’t necessarily all the same in their attitudes.
That said, I would tend to back the manager right now, mainly because of his future role in rebuilding the club. He hasn’t achieved much so far it’s true, but in a month? Jesus, are we expecting miracles?
Klop and others have spoken very highly of him, and his work elsewhere - especially in the rebuild mode- has been exemplary. We should stick with, and get Ten Haag in the summer.

EDIT- god, I think I may have been too reasonable here!

Last edited:

Winrar

Honestly seeing the players turn on him this quickly is just eye-opening. Given Rangnick's reputation, I'm willing to bet they haven't dealt with such enforcer in a while.

I'm siding with the manager on this one.

tomaldinho1

Use RR to weed out the poison, attempt to implement a style and then bring in Ten hag.

The guy has been here about a month. Anyone calling for his head over the players prolongs the problem and it won’t matter who we bring in on a permanent basis.
Exactly. RR doesn’t give a hoot about United, doesn’t have friends at the club, no history or emotional ties…he’ll take all the flak the players and their agents can throw at him as long as he feels he’s being backed. The cream will rise to the top, the rest goes down the plug hole as far as I’m concerned.

SER19

@SER19

I don't think you need a poll.

This is a landslide!
Very reassuring! Again not to blindly back a manager but my god for players to try slander a manager to the press after a few weeks is really terrible stuff

SER19

Exactly. RR doesn’t give a hoot about United, doesn’t have friends at the club, no history or emotional ties…he’ll take all the flak the players and their agents can throw at him as long as he feels he’s being backed. The cream will rise to the top, the rest goes down the plug hole as far as I’m concerned.
This is his strength. Absolutely no bias. Its why Saint Marcus was dropped

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

I'm sorry but the guy's a short term appointment, and so far he's produced feck all. It's a disastrous appointment from the board. Again.

wolvored

I'm sorry but the guy's a short term appointment, and so far he's produced feck all. It's a disastrous appointment from the board. Again.
What else could they do though. Stick with Carrick and McKenna and Phelan, same old, or try something new and hope it works, which still could if RR holds his nerve and doesnt pussyfoot around them. Perhaps they had put the feelers out to Ten Hag and Pocc and maybe others and at least one said not now, but in the summer? Who knows? but you need some hope!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What else could they do though. Stick with Carrick and McKenna and Phelan, same old, or try something new and hope it works, which still could if RR holds his nerve and doesnt pussyfoot around them. Perhaps they had put the feelers out to Ten Hag and Pocc and maybe others and at least one said not now, but in the summer? Who knows? but you need some hope!
So what kind of fecking manager is so good that if Manchester United come for him with a wedge of cash they can just tell us to piss off until the summer? Hire someone else then if they don't want it. And crazy idea, don't sign them up on a 6 year deal and feck them off in the summer anyway if you don't like them. No other club in world football would have come up with such a stupid fecking plan as this.