Pick one player for your new team.

Silverman

You have started a new club and are given the choice of one player of your choosing.
Who do you pick?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Kimmich. Make him the heart of the team and instill winning mentality from the first player.

In general I would start in the centre of the pitch, I would never build a team around a striker, defender or keeper. Build the structure first, at the X-factor later.

Wilt

Lingard, knowing the next player will definitely be an upgrade.

Swedish_Plumber

I really like Verratti and he’s exactly the type of player we need at United. Would be an excellent controlling force to build a team around.

diarm

He's class - might even be the best footballer in the world at the moment, but he's 30.

If I'm picking a player to build my new club around, I want someone I'm getting at least a decade from, or who if he moves on, I'm getting 9 figures for.

Deery

Dreary
He's class - might even be the best footballer in the world at the moment, but he's 30.

If I'm picking a player to build my new club around, I want someone I'm getting at least a decade from, or who if he moves on, I'm getting 9 figures for.
Probably have to be Mbappe then, was funny I was trying to think of another besides him and Haaland but not many stand out that fit the profile.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Frenkie de Jong and then try to build a team around him to let him do what he can do best

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Haaland is a good shout but I'll go with his teammate Bellingham. Young, dynamic, can do it all.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Neymar. I live in Brazil, so for the profile and media attention alone, that’s who you want. It automatically puts your club as the place to be in Brazil and will help attract higher quality players from the offset.

There is a risk, given his penchant for partying, but even if you only get 30-35 games from him a season, he is one of the best players In the world and his presence would give the club a massive boost in terms of profile.

sparx99

I think Kimmich and Haaland are the obvious candidates. Donnarumma could be your keeper for 15 years. Then Ruben Dias gets the nod ahead of Van Dijk because he’s 5 years younger. That would be an incredible spine for any team.

I think Haaland is so talented though he gets the nod first.

Although, according to Newcastle the answer is Chris Wood.

Cloud7

For the sake of offering a different opinion, I'll go with Bellingham. Young age, world of potential. CM is the most important area of the team so for me it's worth starting there and then building around that.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Who can we sell for the most money?

Not like we're going to hold onto him in division 10 or wherever it is we're starting.

Would think one of Neymar, Mbappe or Haaland although Raiola would probably put a fairly low buy out clause on Haaland.

backpass

Never Belingham

Look at his attitude on the pitch. He is super talented, but he shows every trait you dont want in your team leader

Yagami

Good post resistant
For me, if you're getting a player to lead you into a new era - who's going to be your best - I'd always want a central midfielder. Someone who can near enough control the midfielder singlehandedly. Like Yaya Touré with City, or Verratti with PSG. Though he did have Motta!

So, I agree with these gentlemen:
I really like Verratti and he’s exactly the type of player we need at United. Would be an excellent controlling force to build a team around.
Frenkie de Jong and then try to build a team around him to let him do what he can do best
Preference would be:
1. De Jong.
2. Verratti. I think he's the best but De Jong is younger and Verratti has his fair share of injury problems.
3. Arthur