Pick your four semi finalists Euro 2021

Paul_Scholes18

Belgium, France, England, Italy. I do not know who might play who here. Portugal, Spain, Germany might go far with good draw.

Dve

France
Spain
Germany
Turkey (wildcard)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Belgium, France, England, Italy. I do not know who might play who here. Portugal, Spain, Germany might go far with good draw.
Italy - Belgium will probably meet in the quarter finals due to the draw. Both have easy enough groups they should top, and then will play relatively easy opponents in the Ro16.

Also the England/Croatia and France/Germany/Portugal groups are pretty tied together, so unlikely that any of them get an easy draw. Whoever wins the group of death will have an easier draw, while 2nd and 3rd place from that group will be on the same side of the draw as whoever tops England's group (and 2nd place in group of death will play winner from England/Croatia group).

Basically, England and Portugal I'd say are going to have a really tough draw all the way through.

Edit: or actually I guess the top 4 3rd placed teams will change things a bit, but mainly Italy and Belgium will likely meet in the Quarter finals and England and Portugal or France in the Ro16.

Paul_Scholes18

Italy - Belgium will probably meet in the quarter finals due to the draw. Both have easy enough groups they should top, and then will play relatively easy opponents in the Ro16.

Also the England/Croatia and France/Germany/Portugal groups are pretty tied together, so unlikely that any of them get an easy draw. Whoever wins the group of death will have an easier draw, while 2nd and 3rd place from that group will be on the same side of the draw as whoever tops England's group (and 2nd place in group of death will play winner from England/Croatia group).

Basically, England and Portugal I'd say are going to have a really tough draw all the way through.

Edit: or actually I guess the top 4 3rd placed teams will change things a bit, but mainly Italy and Belgium will likely meet in the Quarter finals and England and Portugal or France in the Ro16.
Thanks was not sure how it goes. Hard for England I guess and could it be smart for England to end second in the group? Say do we expect heavy rotation from England for the last game so they can avoid getting top spot?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thanks was not sure how it goes. Hard for England I guess and could it be smart for England to end second in the group? Say do we expect heavy rotation from England for the last game so they can avoid getting top spot?
You can mess around with it on uefa's website, they have a tournament predictor thing. Basically, if they finish top, then they'll play 2nd place of Portugal/France/Germany in the Ro16 and then probably Spain in quarters, whereas if they finish 2nd they might well play Poland or Sweden in the Ro16, before playing whoever finished top out of France/Portugal/Germany in the Quarter finals. Basically they'll play one of the top 2 favourites in either the Ro16 or the quarter finals, but really, quarter finals and later you can't expect easy games (though some underdogs always slip through).

IRELANDUNITED

I'm not really sure with the draw what teams will face each other in the knockout stages but I'll go for France, Germany, England and Poland as my wildcard

Paul_Scholes18

You can mess around with it on uefa's website, they have a tournament predictor thing. Basically, if they finish top, then they'll play 2nd place of Portugal/France/Germany in the Ro16 and then probably Spain in quarters, whereas if they finish 2nd they might well play Poland or Sweden in the Ro16, before playing whoever finished top out of France/Portugal/Germany in the Quarter finals. Basically they'll play one of the top 2 favourites in either the Ro16 or the quarter finals, but really, quarter finals and later you can't expect easy games (though some underdogs always slip through).
Very interesting so I had Germany in third spot in the group and they got much easier draw than the other teams in that group. England got a very hard path to reach the semi final if they win the group.

Thus doing badly in group of death might actually help you out.

podurban2

Very interesting so I had Germany in third spot in the group and they got much easier draw than the other teams in that group. England got a very hard path to reach the semi final if they win the group.

Thus doing badly in group of death might actually help you out.
I also had Germany as third in the group resulting in a pretty easy path to the semis (Netherlands, Turkey) while England (second in my group) had to play Portugal and then Spain..

Seems third spot in the group of death is a positive! :houllier:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Germany
France
Denmark
Portugal

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
France
Portugal
Germany
Italy

Inter Yer Nan

Belgium, France, England, Netherlands using the UEFA tool. I’d have imagined I would have Germany or Portugal somewhere in the last four but it mapped it out for me. I did rush it though.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Belgium France Portugal Germany

Scotland narrowly lost to France in the last 8, Theiry Henry was in the box and out jumped Colin Hendry and Maradona’d the ball into the goal :(

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
France - Germany - Italy - Netherlands

Didn't pick England because between the big teams they are least trustable when it comes to go far in big tournaments...and their record at Euro is very underwhelming for a big team.
On the other hand, i picked Germany because despiste not coming as favorites they are the ones you can always trust to get far in big tournaments, their historical record at Euros and World Cup speak for itself.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I got Belgium vs Germany and Spain vs Portugal in my predictor. Thik a lot will depend on how the group with France, Germany and Portugal plays out.

As long as France crashes out ASAP I'm happy how the tournament went.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Funny to see that nobody comes even close with their predictions, and a lot may end up getting 0 out of 4.

Shows that this tournament has been refreshingly surprising at times.

Even now it's not easy to predict. Belgium, Spain, England, Denmark seems the most logical, but it could easily also be Italy, Switzerland, Sweden and Czech Republic :)

jesperjaap

Well I had France v Germany as possibly the final after there group game, even though I tipped Belgium to win it before the tournament. Not got many results right so far tbh in teh bigger games. I did pick the Czechs to beat Netherlands and I have a feeling we could well be playing them again in the semis....think that quarter final will quite possibly go to penalties, I fancy us strongl against Sweden or Ukraine though both sides wont be easy, Ukraine very good with the ball and Sweden very good without it.

Cant see Swiss repeating, so I think a very average Spain reach the semis.....the one I really vant decide on is Italy and Belgium. Have to go with my initial winners, but are DeBeuyne and Hazard fit as either would be a big loss, obviously DeBruyne especially

Raredaredevil

Left Italy and Spain to defend the group of current European champions. Whoever wins between Portugal/Italy I reckon will make the semi-final.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Left Italy and Spain to defend the group of current European champions. Whoever wins between Portugal/Italy I reckon will make the semi-final.
You've missed a game, me thinks

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Italy vs Spain

England vs Denmark

Interesting fixtures for different reasons

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Belgium, Spain, England and Denmark, for me.