Piotr Zieliński

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I was just watching the Udinese Lazio game and saw this little player. 18 years old and doing pretty much whatever he wanted with the lazio defenders. Outstanding technique. Seem to be scoring some goals here and there. Gave Di Natale some chances that he should have scored on.

Will probably be a big name to watch for in europe the coming decade!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/piotr-zielinski/profil/spieler_181136.html

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't know who he is and he's Polish, he's got little to no coverage here because he left Zaglebie Lubin to play for Udinese's youngster when he was 16. I didn't realise he existed but it'd be good if we could have another bright talent come through at a relatively big European club.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
been capped for the u21s too!

Successful

He was just wonderful Sarni. At the end of the game they had to let Di Natale off and only concentrate on Piotri. At one time they were 3 defenders on him and he still managed to keep the ball under control, with ease. Great vision and technique.

Found this little compilation from a match with the Udinese youth squad.

It demonstrates what he does. Scores and sets up goals.
Tip: Look at the stuff he's doing at 1:00

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
contract runs out at the end of next season ;)

Sarni

He does look good from that video but you can never judge a player based on them. A Polish 18-year old playing for Udinese is already a big enough deal, hopefully he'll turn out good.

We're entering a pretty exciting period to be fair. Our national team is still dire and won't make it to the World Cup but the foundation to build something good for Euro 2016 is there. 24 teams will go to France and there's a good chance that we will be among them. Lewandowski and Piszczek will be in their prime in 3 years, Błaszczykowski should still be decent, then we have young lads like this guy Zieliński as well as Salamon (currently at Milan, promising centre-half), Wolski (at Fiorentina, less talented but could eventually get there), Pawłowski and Wszołek (two wingers, still in Poland but won't be there for long). Salamon is probably the most important one for us because we need the defence sorted, offensively we have plenty of talent right now it seems. We also need a better manager I feel.

AttackingFlair

The few times I have watched Poland, Obraniak has played well. Didn't know he was 28 though.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Obraniak was also a part of the Lille team that did the double. More of a Frenchman than a Pole.

Sarni

He was born on France and has spent his whole life there, his grandfather was Polish which is why he was eligible for citizenship. He got one and decided to play for Poland because it was his grandfather's dream. We don't fool ourselves though, if he'd been good enough to get a call-up to French national team he'd have played for them. Perquis is another player that doesn't really have a lot to do with Poland except for a Polish grandmother but also plays for us.

We should have had Podolski and Klose though. Both were born in Poland and Podolski even wanted to play for us but at the time our manager told him he'd have to wait a few years before we would call him up because he was too young at 19 (even though he'd already been impressing for Cologne). A couple of months later he was called up by Germans and went to Euro 04.

Successful

Just noticed he's taken a new step in his career when he came on for Napoli. Apparently he's been bought for €16m in august.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We were linked with him for months , before opting for Wijnaldum instead .

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I've seen him live against Italy U-21 and have always kept eye on him. Good little player who's showing good, steady progress. Bit unlucky because he was in shambles of a form during the last Euros, hence probably not many observers noticed/rate him. Looked proper good in our (Poland) recent international games, though, as well as impressing for Napoli.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That entire situation was so weird, they were linked with him for ages. Maybe the 'complicated deal' that is allowing other teams to be interested now is what ended up stopping Liverpool?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
AFAIK klopp called him in person and convinced him to join liverpool, but udinese had a better offer from napoli and liverpool refused to match it. Turned into a sort of tug of war between player and club until eventually liverpool pulled out and the player accepted napoli. Mistake by liverpool if you ask me, he's already better than lallana and will become one of the best CM of the next decade

Tomuś

How on earth are we not linked with him I'll never know. Continues his progress and is a very important player for Napoli and Poland now. Two-footed, all-rounder CM, never sulks, on the rise. Likes Premier League, too, from what I've heard. Too obvious a fit I guess.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Always liked him whenever I watch Napoli. Game last season he produced a perfect defence splitting pass to Mertens, was technically perfect. Would imagine he'll get bigger role at Napoli now with Hamsik gone.

From reading the Polish posts on here though he's struggled to step up same level for NT over last few years despite having very good strikers ahead of him.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
He was linked to Liverpool a couple of seasons ago, Klopp was quite keen on him but I think he went with AOC as the latter is more versatile and can play in different positions.

Kostur

海尔的老板
How on earth are we not linked with him I'll never know. Continues his progress and is a very important player for Napoli and Poland now. Two-footed, all-rounder CM, never sulks, on the rise. Likes Premier League, too, from what I've heard. Too obvious a fit I guess.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He was linked to Liverpool a couple of seasons ago, Klopp was quite keen on him but I think he went with AOC as the latter is more versatile and can play in different positions.
I think it was earlier than that, it was during Kloppo's first summer transfer window, and they could not agree fee. They signed Wijnaldum that summer, even though they are not really that similar players! worked out for Liverpool though. Zielinski is a nice player too.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Which CM would you put ahead of him, ability-wise?
It doesn't translate into his importance or performances for us though. He's maybe had two or three games for Poland where he didn't underwhelm/underperform. He's shite for us, completely different to how he plays at Napoli.

Tomuś

It doesn't translate into his importance or performances for us though. He's maybe had two or three games for Poland where he didn't underwhelm/underperform. He's shite for us, completely different to how he plays at Napoli.
He used to be shite for us for some reason, yes, which I've pointed out in this very thread. However, with his current ability and settled tactics he'll be grand. He was terrific this year against Italy and Izrael for starters, which were one of the only games we played how Brzęczek wants us to.

passing-wind

Isn't Fabian Ruiz the higher regarded midfielder at Napoli ? If he's as good as he's rated he would surely be a better option.

freeurmind

weak willed
Haven't watched much of Napoli this season, how has his form been? He's out of contract next summer so could probably be a bit cheaper this summer or even now in Jan with all the turmoil at Napoli. Would he be a viable option for our midfield?