Plans for fans to be back in stadiums before end of year

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Judas

Open to offers
Won't happen. I don't get why they keep pretending it will? Just make realistic plans for early next year. We don't even know if we're getting out of this "lockdown" on December 2nd yet.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can see it in the spring/summer. Anything before is dumb. Let the winter ride out, it'll be a tough covid period even with extra restrictions.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Can’t see it happening at all before spring any maybe even next season, with the world using a COVID-19 free successful Olympics as the trigger for allowing huge gatherings.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Let's hope.

All sports without fans in attendance aren't the real thing.

Okey

Much as I would love to return yesterday, it just wouldn't make any sense now. We might as well have returned last month as planned earlier. I can't see what has changed for the better in the last few weeks. To be honest though, so much of the pandemic measures make so little sense, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce we can return.

OleBoiii

Aren't we in the middle of the 2nd wave in Europe with the winter quickly approaching?

Never gonna happen. And if it does, it's a decision purely driven by money.

Sylar

Aren't we in the middle of the 2nd wave in Europe with the winter quickly approaching?

Never gonna happen. And if it does, it's a decision purely driven by money.
Everything in this country is driven by money.

They keep stuff like gyms closed (where its probably the cleanest and most obvious place for social distancing) but then other places they had open for longer (like pubs if you ordered food with your drink, but a drink on its own is a no-no)

Stadiums should be doable. The one worry is before and after games if people are all released at once. (more of an issue after games I guess).
Im sure there could be something done like releasing fans in batches and not being allowed to hang around.

pascell

They keep stuff like gyms closed (where its probably the cleanest and most obvious place for social distancing) but then other places they had open for longer (like pubs if you ordered food with your drink, but a drink on its own is a no-no)

Stadiums should be doable. The one worry is before and after games if people are all released at once. (more of an issue after games I guess).
Im sure there could be something done like releasing fans in batches and not being allowed to hang around.
Still can't get my head around the bolded part. I'm a member at PureGym and when the latest lockdown was announced, they released figures of how many people had contracted covid in their gyms, it was absolutely minuscule in the grand scheme of things. Gyms cannot do more than what they're doing for their members and staff.

RE fans in stadiums, I think I read somewhere that releasing fans in batches would be the way they'd do it the most safely.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Miles too early. Not like vaccines are going to be rolled out from tomorrow on large scale.

I want decent number of fans back in ground as much as anyone but it's going to be a few more months.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Find it a bit hard to believe when we're currently in a National lockdown.

But hey this it the government we're talking about... they're probably basing their decisions on things they pull out of a hat.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Fans congregate to sing, banter, celebrate. Shouting. Using the toilets at half time.
Ain’t gonna happen, nor should it until it’s safe