Player Awards 2019 | Luke Shaw wins

roseguy64

Shaw has been pretty good tbh, lots of good moments. Performed well against big players (notably restricting Salah to nothing)
Quite a few assists, the Spurs pass to Rashford standsout.
Unfortunately the Huddersfield mistake overshadows all that right now

That said, they should have held the awards (men's,) in the staff canteen after training, theres nothing to pat eachother on the back for & get all dressed up for to celebrate
It also doubles as a charity event. Can't have rich people bidding on items in a canteen. It also serves as awards ceremony for the youth teams and women's team. Shouldn't let the poor performance of the first team dampen their fun. Also, the first team I'm sure bids on some of the charity items so reason enough to invite them.

hobbers

Shaw hasn't been good. Far from it. He's just not been quite as bad.

Bestietom

Shaw just about deserves it for me. I liked Boycott speech. He was right, and it needed to be said.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
One of my friends worked the bar on the night, said all the players were incredibly miserable and when 11pm came they all bolted away. Pretty much reflects what the rest of us have been saying, too many of these players don't give a damn about the club.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Top two players of the year for us are defenders in a season where we’ve broken records for goals conceded.

You couldn’t make this stuff up could you

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You write as if your head is buried deep in the misery of last month.

One thing is debating wether we can do better than Luke Shaw on lb or not, or wether Lindelöf (I think he did, even if he is not a world beater yet either) or Pogba (clearly a much better player and on song levels above Shaw, but with half a season that makes Shaw’s two last games a minor blemish in comparison, and with huge questions about his attitude and application). Or wether we should withold the prize due to the current mood. Actually that was four things.

Regardless, the fact that the players voted for him, should show you that his application, work and attitude in training as well as matches must have been top notch this season, and that his ‘body shape’ is a completely unfair stick to beat him with at this point.

In fact, beating him at all, in the OP of a thread about this, I think is unnecessary. There are currently a hundred threads available on the forum in witch to be critical, negative, irrational or just depressed in, including the Luke Shaw performances thread.
There's very little to cheer about especially since I was one of the very first people to acknowledge this decline much to the outrage of most people in here. Some might say I would be gloating by now but I assure you I can't be more miserable. There's nothing satisfying in predicting the decline of the very club you have loved since you were born

I am also uncomfortable on the criteria of how this award is given. Players voting players might make sense when you've got a talented lot with the right attitude to succeed. However with these miserable lot, well, I fear it becomes more of a popularity contest. I mean can you imagine this fat slob, who can barely beat the player or defend ending up player of the year of the treble side? Id say he would be terrified training week in week out with Roy Keane around.

Don't take me wrong I don't hate Luke Shaw. I just think he's nowhere near as good to be United's quality and so is most of this team. There's absolutely nothing top notch in this season and the club should have had the balls to cancel these event for this year.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
One of my friends worked the bar on the night, said all the players were incredibly miserable and when 11pm came they all bolted away. Pretty much reflects what the rest of us have been saying, too many of these players don't give a damn about the club.
On the other hand, can you imagine the reaction if they had been enjoying themselves? Stayed out late laughing and joking when the fans are miserable as hell, and they've got another match to play - no, I don't see that going down well either.

Loublaze

ATLien
Speaks volumes if Pogba and Martial wasn't near the top, despite a few on here saying they're our best players and must keep, their own team mates don't rate their contribution enough to vote for them.
Pogba has the best stats in pure productivity among our players. Not even David Silva, De Bruyne, Alli, Gundogan and Bernado Silva have contributed more goals and assists. He should be winning this award on that alone IMO. Its been a shite season though, no one really cares. Shaw has had a decent season, no problems with him taking this if the players think he deserves it

Grande

There's very little to cheer about especially since I was one of the very first people to acknowledge this decline much to the outrage of most people in here. Some might say I would be gloating by now but I assure you I can't be more miserable. There's nothing satisfying in predicting the decline of the very club you have loved since you were born

I am also uncomfortable on the criteria of how this award is given. Players voting players might make sense when you've got a talented lot with the right attitude to succeed. However with these miserable lot, well, I fear it becomes more of a popularity contest. I mean can you imagine this fat slob, who can barely beat the player or defend ending up player of the year of the treble side? Id say he would be terrified training week in week out with Roy Keane around.

Don't take me wrong I don't hate Luke Shaw. I just think he's nowhere near as good to be United's quality and so is most of this team. There's absolutely nothing top notch in this season and the club should have had the balls to cancel these event for this year.
Did you know that pessimists more often go into depression than others? And that in depression people perceive the world differently and skewed? And also important in this regard, pessimistic and depressive people show huge weaknesses in taking in new information than others. This leads to when something develops in a positive way, they struggle to notice, and think others are naive, overly optimistic or plain stupid when they describe the possitive change. Whereas when something develops in a negative direction, as they most often will have expected already due to their pessimism, they will see it as confirmation that they were right all along, and that their judgement is sound and even better than others.

People in a normal pessimistic state will often be able to say that somethings might be good now, but will likely deteriorate. In a depressive state they’ll often say that everything is bad, and it’s meaningless to differentiate much further. Discussing nuances will be difficult with them then.

If this pattern is pointed out to them, they will often disregard it as prejudicial by others (typically, most others are naive optimists or stupid), or if negative expectations are bad enough, that others will have an agenda.

Anyway, congrats to Luke Shaw, one of the most consistent this year of a variable bunch.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Did you know that pessimists more often go into depression than others? And that in depression people perceive the world differently and skewed? And also important in this regard, pessimistic and depressive people show huge weaknesses in taking in new information than others. This leads to when something develops in a positive way, they struggle to notice, and think others are naive, overly optimistic or plain stupid when they describe the possitive change. Whereas when something develops in a negative direction, as they most often will have expected already due to their pessimism, they will see it as confirmation that they were right all along, and that their judgement is sound and even better than others.

People in a normal pessimistic state will often be able to say that somethings might be good now, but will likely deteriorate. In a depressive state they’ll often say that everything is bad, and it’s meaningless to differentiate much further. Discussing nuances will be difficult with them then.

If this pattern is pointed out to them, they will often disregard it as prejudicial by others (typically, most others are naive optimists or stupid), or if negative expectations are bad enough, that others will have an agenda.

Anyway, congrats to Luke Shaw, one of the most consistent this year of a variable bunch.
Does that has anything to do with Manchester United or football in general?