Player breaks neck in K league match

AlwaysRed66

That's shocking. The ref was very quick there. I could only see the seriousness of it in the slow motion close up video, but ref was on to this in an instant.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That neck manipulation by the ref though :nervous: :nervous:
Yeah was my first thought, I guess he didn't see exactly what happened and just seen that he's lost consciousness, the first idea is to make sure the victim doesn't choke, it's different with neck damage obviously.

el3mel

That's no joke. He could have died there. Fecking horrible.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You would see something like that happening in rugby, the way he came down i mean. When a garryowen is kicked you have two players jumping up to try and catch the ball and they can come down dangerously. You cannot tackle the player when he is jumping. Still very dangerous though because like the guy in the video, when someone bumps into you at speed when you jump, their momentum can distort your landing position.

In rugby though they would be aware of what could happen so that may make it safer. As in they know it is dangerous when they jump.

Austria-Red

What were they doing shaking his feet while he was lying there?

Or did he have a spasm and they tried to fixate him?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What were they doing shaking his feet while he was lying there?

Or did he have a spasm and they tried to fixate him?
Probably trying to make the blood go back to his brain. They say if someone faints you should lift their legs up.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Nasty one. Had a sharp intake of breath when I saw the neck fixation by the ref - pretty dodge but maybe didn’t see the neck bend and thought he just hit his head, but give him the kudos for reaction time. Scary stuff for everyone.

Was he getting chest compressions?? Or were they just rubbing his chest? Couldn’t quite make it out.

spwd

Nasty one. Had a sharp intake of breath when I saw the neck fixation by the ref - pretty dodge but maybe didn’t see the neck bend and thought he just hit his head, but give him the kudos for reaction time. Scary stuff for everyone.

Was he getting chest compressions?? Or were they just rubbing his chest? Couldn’t quite make it out.
Yeah I couldn’t make that out either.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yikes, that's bad. Great quick reaction. Not sure shaking him was a good thing to do

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'd be scared to move his neck after that tbh. Were they giving him compressions?

RedDevilRoshi

The ref deserves huge credit for the quick reaction there.

Scary, uncomfortable watch. Hope the lad makes a good, speedy recovery.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah was my first thought, I guess he didn't see exactly what happened and just seen that he's lost consciousness, the first idea is to make sure the victim doesn't choke, it's different with neck damage obviously.
As every second can be critical in first aid he must have thought he needed to do something, like to say to alleviate choking etc., but in this case he probably should have waited the extra few seconds for the professionals to arrive.

The incident was horrible, I hope the lad's getting the care he needs and that he gets better.