Player of the tournament 2020

Deery

Dreary
For this tournament so far again.
Naw I’ve been keeping an eye on him but apart from the Scotland game I don’t think so, going to go out on a limb and say Kevin DeBruyne he’s been majestic only in a game and a half..

Oranges038

It's obviously Ronaldo.

Gail hasn't been that good aside from the Scotland game.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
For this tournament so far again.
Nope. Even if we’re only talking about midfielders, Pogba has been better, De Bruyne has been insanely good even though he had missed half of the group stage, Wijnaldum & Frenkie have been on fire for Netherlands, Locatelli has been arguably the most impressive Italian player with Italy providing the most convincing performance out of all of the favorites.

Modrić was very good, but not player of the tournament good.

AgentSmith

Pogba or Ronaldo because it’s hard to pick a stand out Italian player since they’ve all been collectively so good. They’ve yet to be tested the way France or Portugal have though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I wouldn’t even say he’s top 10.

Ronaldo has scored 3 penalties and offered very little else, hard to put him in the conversation even though people will just see him top of the scoring charts.

Gonçalo Motta

Ronaldo has scored 3 penalties and offered very little else, hard to put him in the conversation even though people will just see him top of the scoring charts.
He was playing deeper than he is used to play and at times he even was defending in his own area. One of Portugal goals even started with him heading the ball in his own area in the counter-attack vs Germany.
Probably not the best player in this tournament so far, but he is providing way more than people credit him. And 5 goals + 1 assist out of 7 goals is hard to dismiss even if 3 of those goals were penalties.

Irwin99

He does seem to be carrying his team and it's a team that's not as good as it was three years ago. His goal against Scotland was a thing of beauty.

Very impressed so far with Wijnaldum and Jorginho for Holland and Italy.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Ronaldo is definitely top 10 without penalties, his overall game against Germany was quite good, considering how little he had to work with, helped ran up the score against Hungary(G/D matters in group stages) with a wonderful team goal too.

He has offered things beside penalties.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

He's scored 5 and assisted 1 of their seven goals. I reckon Pogba's been better but Ronaldo is definitely having a good tournament.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Locatelli, Lukaku, Wijnaldum have all been very good.

JJ12

Ronaldo is definitely top 10 without penalties, his overall game against Germany was quite good, considering how little he had to work with, helped ran up the score against Hungary(G/D matters in group stages) with a wonderful team goal too.

He has offered things beside penalties.
I’d agree Ronaldo is definitely top 10, just because he is top scorer.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So far its Ronaldo, Locatelli, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Wijnadum and Pogba.

JJ12

He's scored 2 excellent goals from open play, provided an excellent assist and had the balls to bury 3/3 pens. Bloke's doing well.
Deffo going well, no arguments there

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Insigne has been quality but I'd go with Pogba. Takes something special to play the pass of the tournament twice in the same game.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

He's been strolling around the pitch playing mostly easy passes to keep things going, with only occasional showings of workrate so far...something like Valderrama at the 98 world cup. Typical calm veteran stroller dad sort of performance (which can be a good thing at times), but other than the great goal and a couple of good passes...no more and hasn't taken charge of any games in a way to stand out from other Croatian midfielders. against scotland he also gave the ball away easily/was caught in possession in bad areas 2-3 times before that goal, which could well have been punished on another day/by a more clinical team.

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He's been strolling around the pitch playing mostly easy passes to keep things going, with a quite low workrate so far...something like Valderrama at the 98 world cup. Typical calm veteran dad performance, but other than the great goal and a couple of good passes...no more. For instance, against scotland he gave the ball away easily in bad areas 2-3 times before that goal, which could well have been punished on another day/by a more clinical team.
Lukaku?

diarm

De Jong has been absolutely class for Holland as well. First time I've really seen him deliver on all the hype.

RedEric7

Supports
United
Spinazzola, Wijnaldum, Ronaldo, Dumfries, Locatelli, Shaw

redrobed

So far its Ronaldo, Locatelli, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Wijnadum and Pogba.
Remove Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Wijnaldum for obvious reasons. Add Bruno - if he was on pens he’d probably have 2 goals by now. Add Shaw - heard he’d scored more goals or maybe created more chances than anyone in the tournament so far or something.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Remove Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Wijnaldum for obvious reasons. Add Bruno - if he was on pens he’d probably have 2 goals by now. Add Shaw - heard he’d scored more goals or maybe created more chances than anyone in the tournament so far or something.
Bruno has a very poor tournament so far to be fair.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Didn't Bruno get dropped for their last game?

Great player, yes. Player of the tournament? Absolutely not based on what we've seen so far.