Players being released this season

oskarutd

When does the definitive list come out? So far we've seen Marsh, Burns and Mullan linked to other clubs, who else is likely to leave?
Crockett is rumored to be released.
Lea, Rose and Sean Evans contracts will finish this summer.
Eckersley, R. , Fagan, Chester, Hewson could be up for renegotiation, as well as N´Galula.
Not sure about Adams Eckersley and his contract.
Richard Jones might leave, although he has contract until 2008.
But who knows, mayby the staff?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
eagles will probably be sold. got a bad feeling about martin's future at united as well. he has fallen by the wayside at stoke.

ruudvantastic

eagles will probably be sold. got a bad feeling about martin's future at united as well. he has fallen by the wayside at stoke.
I liked watching Lee Martin at reserve team level but if he can't make an impression at Rangers or Stoke then his United future doesn't look good. It's a big jump from reserves.

Tribec

I liked watching Lee Martin at reserve team level but if he can't make an impression at Rangers or Stoke then his United future doesn't look good. It's a big jump from reserves.
I wouldn't give up on Martin just yet, going to Rangers and Stoke would be difficult for anyone, as they are quite contrasting clubs. The deal with Rangers backfired on United as neither Bardsley or Martin got a chance in what was a very poor Rangers team. They were quickly dispatched with, and for Martin he was sent to the delights of Stoke on Trent. A whole new ball game in terms of what he's used to both at United and then Rangers.

Just because it's worked for some, it's not always the best thing loaning a player out, Beck's mentioned it and in the MUTV video diary thing on David Jones last year he also mentioned it. A player can think the club want him out, by loaning him out, no matter what age, the younger you are I guess it's more an issue. That can have an effect on your game.

It will be interesting to see how Martin returns to the fold in the summer and how he starts pre-season training. That could be the key indicator as to what to expect from him. I would expect him to be on the first team tour in the summer for sure and to play a couple of games.

julesee

Martin's progress HAS been very disappointing - I was a big fan of his in the reserves. In his favour, it should be said he's had some injuries at Rangers and Stoke.....

Fitzjames

Adam Eckersley is 21 and I cant see him staying as Cathcart and Jonny Evans will likely step up to full squad level.
Crockett will go (enough goalkeeper cover)
Rose on loan at a Conference side like Oxford doesnt look good
Lea and S Evans will I guess be weeded out, not that impressedw ith what Ive seen on MUTV
N'Galulas contract is up I think and I cant see a renewal.
Has Phil Marsh gone already?
The youth team losing Cup prolly will cost a few of them but the clue to the future prolly lies in who is getting good write ups on official site so Hewson looks safe.
Personally Im not that impressed with Brandy.
What about the Antwerp boys....all safe? Presumably we cant loan them out and then get rid of them BEFORE we test for an improvement in pre season and reserves.
Martin probably deserves another chance
According to my total anorak obsessive records Eagles contract is also up.
Id like to see him at least get an offer of an extension.

PS18

The youth team losing Cup prolly will cost a few of them
don't be daft. we lost on a penalty shoot-out in the final against a team much older, no decisions are going to be made on players' futures based on that result.

Marsh, Mullan and Burns gone then. Crockett certain to go. of the remaining reserve regulars this season, Heaton will probably stick around i guess. Kieran Lee should go out on loan. don't see a future for Michael Barnes but i suspect he'll go out on loan too. be interesting to see what we do with Dong. Lea, Sean Evans, N'Galula i can all see going, Eagles won't have done his chances of an extension any harm these past few months, still wouldn't be surprised to see him move on.

of those out on loan, presumably Eckersley and Rose are definitely off. Ritchie Jones hasn't done anything at Barnsley i don't think, could see him going as well. Shawcross and Gray might get another loan spell, don't see either making it but they will probably get a stay of execution for now. what happens with the more high profile loanees is anyone's guess.

Zieler, Cleverley, Eckersley jr, Chester, Cathcart, Hewson, Brandy and Fagan all now too old for the u18's - suspect they'll make up the backbone of the reserve side, perhaps with Cathcart going out on loan, maybe Hewson and Brandy also. wouldn't have thought any of those would be released although i may be wrong.

julesee

not many of the juniors are making it these days eh?!

julesee

All these guys would probably have a much better chance though if they were given more outings in the first team.... of course its understandable that Ferguson is a bit risk averse given the stakes.

PS18

that's the way football's going sadly. none of the top clubs have really brought anyone through lately - Arsenal have to an extent and look at how they've fallen away from the title picture. tis a shame.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
no different to normal. if 1/2 of Evans/Pique/Gibson/Rossi/Simpson make it then that's probably a better than average return.
yeah. if 2 from said group make it, i'd be happy

julesee

I guess if Pique and Rossi are going to be in the 1st team squad next season Fergie will need to give them adecent run.....

oskarutd

Heard that Sean Evans and Lea did enough to be offered one year extensions.
Adams Eckersleys contract goes out in 2008 and Floribert N´Galula denied an one year extension.
Crockett was released.

PS18

anyone got any idea when Tom Heaton's contract runs out? only thing i could find suggests it's this summer but its reliability is questionable.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
All these guys would probably have a much better chance though if they were given more outings in the first team.... of course its understandable that Ferguson is a bit risk averse given the stakes.
At the end of the day, Fergies job is to get results. No-one can knock that.
Besides, he also has arguably the best record at bringing kids through in comparison to other clubs in the PL.

You cant play them all, unfortunately some will not make it