Players from CL final that would improve us

It wasn't an easy journey as there were many young players who didn't quite make it here :'D

but it payed off eventually and I like the balance we have now with the experience, youth and talent. Like I said it was not that simple but at least we were using our resources available trying to assemble the best team and like you said having a group of players playing for so long has benefited us. Players like Benzema, Ronaldo and Ramos have been very criticized by our own fan base when we were not winning stuff but the club stick with them for one reason or another and it has payed :'D
The journey to the top is never easy but congratulations on reaching the zenith. I think your policy of signing younger players and moulding the team is much more fruitful than the previous policy when you signed experienced players like Beckham, Canavaro and van Nistelrooy et al. It's not as simple as just 'getting upgrades' or bringing in experienced players to fill vacant roles, it's about getting a group of players to function together. You've been smart enough to realize that. Well done.

manutd7

Every single player on both teams would improve us. Only players that would make it into either of these sides would be DDG, Bailly, Pogba, Zlatan. Out of those 4, I think that DDG would be a starter, and Pogba would get massive minutes/be a starter. Bailly could work his way into either team imo. And Zlatan would be able to make an imprint in both teams, but not be able to start over Benzema/Higuain.

Were about 5 class players away from both teams. Two defenders, Two midfielders/wingers, and a striker

Longlivekeano

I think we should sell De Gea 85million pound. Use Romero as No. 1 next year.

In return, use the 85 million + cash to purchase/exchange the following players from Madrid
- Varane (CB to partner Bailly as 1st choice pairing). Smalling + Jones are always injured anyway
- Morata (SK to partner Rashford/Martial)

With Perisic (40m pounds)

Classic 4-4-2

------------------------Romero---------------------

Valencia---------Bailly------Varane-----Darmian

-----------------Pogba----Herrera-----------------

--Mkhityran-------------------------------Perisic--

-----------------Morata----Rashford---------------

4-2-3-1

------------------------Romero------------------

-Valencia--------Bailly--Varane---------Blind---

-----------------Pogba--Herrera-----------------

-Mkhtiryan----------Mata---------------Perisic-

-----------------Morata/Rashford--------------

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Carva
Ramos, Varane, Carvajal, Marcelo, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Bonnuci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Sandro, Alves, Khidera, Pjanic, Dybala, Higuain
Na, we're not that bad.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I think we should sell De Gea 85million pound. Use Romero as No. 1 next year.

In return, use the 85 million + cash to purchase/exchange the following players from Madrid
- Varane (CB to partner Bailly as 1st choice pairing). Smalling + Jones are always injured anyway
- Morata (SK to partner Rashford/Martial)

With Perisic (40m pounds)

Classic 4-4-2

------------------------Romero---------------------

Valencia---------Bailly------Varane-----Darmian

-----------------Pogba----Herrera-----------------

--Mkhityran-------------------------------Perisic--

-----------------Morata----Rashford---------------

4-2-3-1

------------------------Romero------------------

-Valencia--------Bailly--Varane---------Blind---

-----------------Pogba--Herrera-----------------

-Mkhtiryan----------Mata---------------Perisic-

-----------------Morata/Rashford--------------
Lol. Even in fm that won't work.

Why would varane would want to come here?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Every single player on both teams would improve us. Only players that would make it into either of these sides would be DDG, Bailly, Pogba, Zlatan. Out of those 4, I think that DDG would be a starter, and Pogba would get massive minutes/be a starter. Bailly could work his way into either team imo. And Zlatan would be able to make an imprint in both teams, but not be able to start over Benzema/Higuain.

Were about 5 class players away from both teams. Two defenders, Two midfielders/wingers, and a striker
Valencia as well but you are correct with the others but think apart from Zlatan as I think would struggle to be honest.

Arthur Friedenreich

Everybody.
From the guys who were not even in the bench like James Rodriguez, to half injuried Bale and the kid who came from the bench to score.
Everybody.

wolvored

I don't watch a huge amount of European football, unless Champs League and even that I've picked up limited amounts of games.

So to those who watch, who from these two teams do you think would improve us, by how much and in place of whom?

The obvious is Ronaldo, both taking this game in isolation and generally he is just a beast of a finisher. His dribbling may have significantly declined, but his power, acceleration and eye for goal is unstoppable.

Dybala has flashes of brilliance, but taking this game in isolation he looks a little lost. For someone with his skills I might expect more. However, it would be great to have a player like this for entertainment purposes and with right focus he could become one of top few players in the world. I don't think he is there yet.

Modric, only good for a couple more years to replace Carrick, but still has that cool composure and vision for the pass. Casemiro is the other option who might actually be better for this.

Marcelo looks awesome, skillful, quick, strong. I like him a lot. What Luke Shaw could be if reaches potential.

Ramos is a player I like a lot. No nonsense central defenders. We have Bailly now and happy for that, but I do like Ramos.

Who else?

Forget whether it's realistic or not, I just want a sense of how far off we are and what kind of players from these teams are the real difference.
Most of them

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Bailly > Varane is too funny tbh. Talk about being as biased as it gets.
Indeed.

Baily has had about 4 good months for us. That's it.
IMO Rojo is currently our best CB. Baily is No.2, because he is inconsistent.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
We've wasted serious money that's for sure. Real Madrid have spent a lot but they always spend it on brilliant players. If we're going to keep spending big it's about time we done the same.
This is the one big (and sad) realisation I take away from this thread and from that match.

This thread :lol:

You should include the CL semifinals as well.
Come on :D

We are barely even playing the same sport at the moment
Savage :lol:

friend

I didn't realize how badly this place overrates Bailly. He's a very good player that will hopefully get even better as he settles but he's not at that level currently.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
umm shall we start with ronaldo and varane. then possibly bale and anyone else in that weird colour Real were wearing

red4ever 79

Only De Gea would get into either of those teams. That's the reality check guys. From top to bottom both of those sides are a million miles away from us. Signing the garbage that we are being linked with wont close the gap either.