Players getting lippy with each other on Twitter

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I kinda like it.

Football could learn a lot from Wrestling, who would not want to see Ronaldo tweet crazy shit about Messi before a Man United v PSG match?

Inspired by this beauty from Van Aanholt

Any other examples?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hope our players don't do it because we have a tendency to play shit.

With that said, Zlatan was good at this.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lukaku and Shaw had a tiny, passive aggressive spat:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's sad. Leave it on the pitch. Van Aaholt is shit too, makes it even worse.

DWelbz19

A classic:

TsuWave

I like it to be honest. Football is too soft and players are not allowed to have personalities. I mean, a haircut causes outrage for football fandoms/pundits.

lifted

I don’t really understand what’s going on in this exchange tbh.
The first image is from a couple of years ago where there was a leaked document showing something (and I can't remember exactly) like the pace of our squad during a training drill. Shaw was right at the bottom and he's basically saying he was told to not go all out.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Harry Kane tweeted this when they were chasing Leicester for the title:

And then Jamie Vardy replying with this after Spurs lost the battle of Stamford Bridge was excellent:

TsuWave

if I recall correctly people were calling Lukaku slow so he posted/leaked club speed tests records and apparently Mata had clocked higher speed than Shaw. Mata jokingly thanked Lukaku for posting it publicly showing he’s faster than Shaw, Lukaku replied laughing at Shaw, to which Shaw replied saying they asked him to not go all out for that particular run and that apparently he had “dirt” on Lukaku. Something like that, I think.

DWelbz19

First tweet: Lukaku was leaking Man Utd data to show how he was faster than people and FIFA credit him for (guy has the thinnest skin ever) and Shaw responded back with a gentle jibe. Second one was him poking fun because Inter got knocked out the CL that week.

Like I say, very passive aggressive stuff but just someone to contribute to the thread!

DWelbz19

And then Jamie Vardy replying with this after Spurs lost the battle of Stamford Bridge it up was excellent:
:lol: That’s a good one.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

And then Jamie Vardy replying with this after Spurs lost the battle of Stamford Bridge was excellent:
Never seen those, excellent :D

TsuWave

Nothing wrong with banter between teammates but keep it in-house. Kinda pathetic in public.
how is it pathetic if it’s banter? It’s OK to joke and lightly make fun of others. It’s part of the sport, and that’s how people often bond. Provided it’s not anything malicious, it’s ok.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Lukaku showed private information from training where he appeared to be one of the quickest, because he's quite insecure about people's comments, and it made Shaw look bad because he came last, who was under fire for being unfit and overweight himself at the time. Mata and Shaw then showed him up as it's obvious they weren't all told to give 100%. Seems like Shaw was peeved but might just be banta. In true Lukaku style, he then ungracefully bigged up his return to the CL after leaving United, and Shaw took his opportunity to have a dig when they got binned out in to the EL.

DWelbz19

What’s the Van Aanholt one about?
Some sort of fight between him and Guendouzi last night in their Europa game. Going off of previous, safe to say Guendouzi did something annoying, the little wanker.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I like it, I miss the 90s, rivalry that fired the players and fans up to fever pitch, sod all this #bekind nicey nicey crap. Lets get some beef!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think there was one between Neymar and Spanish player playing in French league.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
how is it pathetic if it’s banter? It’s OK to joke and lightly make fun of others. It’s part of the sport, and that’s how people often bond. Provided it’s not anything malicious, it’s ok.
Like I said no problem with it at all, up to the point where it is splashed across social media for all the world to pick over and create issues for the club. It’s not like the players don’t have WhatsApp/SMS/private chat groups. I don’t banter my colleagues or mates for the whole world to see. It’s a private conversation.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Neymar had accused Gonzalez of racism during a Ligue 1 clash back in September, but the French Football League (LFP) said it did not have “sufficient convincing evidence” to support the claim.

And the pair clashed again on Wednesday evening, leading to Neymar apparently mocking the Marseille defender, who fouled the Brazilian four times, after netting his spot-kick.

Neymar, who only played the final 25 minutes, then continued to mock his opponent on social media.

He posted the following tweet on social media…

For context, per a Brazilian on Reddit, this translates to: “He-Hey... You're Álvaro, right?” [‘Reference to a cringe viral TikTok where a grown man uses this sentence as a pick up line’].

Gonzalez then responded by saying: "My parents always taught me to take out the trash. Go OM always."

Neymar hit back: “And you forgot how to lift trophies.”

Gonzalez responded with a photo of Pele holding three World Cup trophies, alongside the message: “You will be forever in The King’s [Pelé] shadow.”

Ouch.

But Neymar then finished by adding: “And so you will be forever in mine [shadow]. I made you famous. You're welcome, ‘Fenômeno’.”

Ultimately, it was Neymar who had the last laugh by helping PSG to lift the trophy. Perhaps he should have left it there.
https://www.givemesport.com/1638054...in-heated-twitter-spat-after-psg-21-marseille

Hard to beat Neymar vs Alvaro.

TsuWave

Like I said no problem with it at all, up to the point where it is splashed across social media for all the world to pick over and create issues for the club. It’s not like the players don’t have WhatsApp/SMS/private chat groups. I don’t banter my colleagues or mates for the whole world to see. It’s a private conversation.
how does players bantering each other on Twitter/social media creates issues for the club? You not bantering colleagues or mates for the world to see is a personal choice, it doesn’t make it inherently pathetic for others to choose otherwise.

Withnail

I'm possibly getting old and shouting at clouds but I find most of this stuff to be cringe worthy.

Guendouzi deserves everything he gets though.

ShinjiNinja26

I’d go a step further and have boxing style press conferences where you have both managers and team captains from either side taking questions and trash talking each other in the lead up to a game.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
how does players bantering each other on Twitter/social media creates issues for the club? You not bantering colleagues or mates for the world to see is a personal choice, it doesn’t make it inherently pathetic for others to choose otherwise.
Can’t decide if you are genuinely missing my point or just spoiling for an argument. Either way, nothing to see here - move on.

Mike Smalling

Guendouzi got a pen for a Van Aanholt tackle. VAR overturned the decision.

Guendouzi is such a snide cnut. Remember him going unpunished for trying to choke Maupay after he scored the winning goal against them. No sympathy for him at all.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

:lol:

Vardy is an absolute elite shitposter

Also, that Simpson tweet is class. feck Carragher