Players that keep chatting to the press - Not Happy Playing for United - Howson Rant

choccy77

This is what happens when the CEO throws stupid money at any mercenary available or offers stupid contracts to players who should be in league 2

432JuanMata

The thing for me is that the players that complain and aren’t good enough to challenge can happily do one and if the players that are good enough to challenge complain they would likely have a point.
For example if DDG was complaining about the way the club etc is he be right as his performances have been that of a player that should be challenging.
The fact there is rumours of up to 11 is a problem though as bar 1 or 2 all have underperformed this season and should look in the mirror

It’s ridiculous to blame the players, fair enough if it was one or two bad apples but if half the squad isn’t happy then something is seriously wrong. That is a due to poor leadership and a bad culture at the organisation.

I obviously dont think it’s professional to down tools but I don’t want to start slating our players, it doesn’t feel right. Howson should direct his anger at the board as they wanted all those players here and sanctioned every contract.

We heard Ole with our own ears that Lingard and Henderson have big parts to play etc. That’s not a dig at Ole, the whole club has just had no standards. Hopefully this is the end of crazy decisions to extend players with no future here for the deluded opinion that they are worth something.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It’s ridiculous to blame the players, fair enough if it was one or two bad apples but if half the squad isn’t happy then something is seriously wrong. That is a due to poor leadership and a bad culture at the organisation.

Howson should direct his anger at the board as they wanted all those players here and sanctioned every contract.
If half the barrel of apples is rotten you definitely need to get a new apple vendor, but you sure as hell don't keep the bad apples in the barrel, you still throw them out! Now if you excuse me I am going to go bake an apple pie, all this talk has made me hungry.

If half the barrel of apples is rotten you definitely need to get a new apple vendor, but you sure as hell don't keep the bad apples in the barrel, you still throw them out! Now if you excuse me I am going to go bake an apple pie, all this talk has made me hungry.
haha your right mate. I really hope the clear out happens this summer and we stop trying to polish poo with some of these players! We just need to cut our losses. Sorry, I that doesn’t put you off your Apple pie!

wolvored

Thats why this Utd DNA fecks this club up. We need the new manager to come in with a new broom and sweep all the bollocks away. Tell Fletcher to go and sit in the stand on matchday and away from training. Tell Phelan heres a one way ticket back to Australia. Bye. Fergie came in and got rid of the bad apples, and that was only a drinking culture. His way not the Utd DNA way at the time.
Ten Hag, Pocc whoever it is need to stamp their way and stand for no nonsense. They will probably get a shit load of money and with the upper management changing as well, they need to draw a line under all this and start afresh. If 6-7 players have to leave, let them. Get 3-4 new recruits in and build the team around them.

Morpheus 7

Yep, the players been found out. Nowhere to hide now, the lack of responsibility has been shown up. Cowards, don't care how many leave. Better long term.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Very easy to tell everyone to feck off when they actually do wanna feck off but we're not letting them

SER19

For the love of God, United fans, please do not fall for this shit again.

These players are peddling this narrative through their pals in the media, yet again, and somehow despite only having 6 games, they've spun it so Rangnick is now the one in firing line. Armas too.

It's absolutely incredible how transparent this is and its somehow working.

They did it to ole who let them away with murder and took it all every week, now they don't want a tough coach.

If its let happen again there is no going back

Flexdegea

Thats why this Utd DNA fecks this club up. We need the new manager to come in with a new broom and sweep all the bollocks away. Tell Fletcher to go and sit in the stand on matchday and away from training. Tell Phelan heres a one way ticket back to Australia. Bye. Fergie came in and got rid of the bad apples, and that was only a drinking culture. His way not the Utd DNA way at the time.
Ten Hag, Pocc whoever it is need to stamp their way and stand for no nonsense. They will probably get a shit load of money and with the upper management changing as well, they need to draw a line under all this and start afresh. If 6-7 players have to leave, let them. Get 3-4 new recruits in and build the team around them.

If you know anything about Poch he ain't the man to do this. More in the Ole, let them be free sort of approach

The United

Very easy to tell everyone to feck off when they actually do wanna feck off but we're not letting them
True with some of them.

As I said in another post, RR should follow up with his own words. Let those who wants to leave. Play kids. I mean if most of us and the club convince that this season is a write-off for a fresh start.

wolvored

The only thing I cant understand is why the club havent stopped this leak. Called the players all in asked who is the mole and have the bollocks to come out and say it. I said on another thread if the player is a coward then get the captain to find out and grass them up. Its not Maguire as it was going on before he came here. There are ways and means.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just listened to Hugh Woozencroft on Talksport. He is host of seven o'clock show and a United fan. He is saying basically what most of us think. That some of them have it cushy and are happy to just stay. That they do not want to go to a lesser club, actually have to work hard for less money.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Anyone got a "feck off" count from that vid?

But seriously, so blunt and so true. Some of this squad should seriously just feck off if they dont like it. It should be a privilege to play for United, and a club you should play your heart out each time. Dont see that with 95% of the players out there, only a few I can say they consistently put in a shift, even if it doesnt result in a good performance.

Member 101269

It’s not me it’s them.
This whole finger pointing and misery attracting misery is pathetic. It starts with players wanting out get rid or remove them from the first team to play in the reserves.. United first players serve the club

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It’s not me it’s them.
This whole finger pointing and misery attracting misery is pathetic. It starts with players wanting out get rid or remove them from the first team to play in the reserves.. United first players serve the club
Never understood why they have let players that want to leave hand around the dressing room. Agree they should be training separately.

POF

We heard Ole with our own ears that Lingard and Henderson have big parts to play etc.
That means nothing in fairness. You have to talk players up to preserve their value. He said the same about Lukaku and Sanchez when the club were actively trying to sell them both.

On Henderson, if he hadn't got COVID, he'd likely be the first choice keeper now. De Gea got his chance and has been excellent. That's what should happen at big clubs. Shame about the other 10 positions.

Ixion

You hit the nail on the head, it is poor leadership and a bad culture at the club. Unfortunately when you're run that way for 8 years you're going to amass a lot of players that don't have the right attitude, mentality etc. so I can see half the squad suddenly throwing their toys out when it gets tough as they were never right fits to begin with. Going to be a gradual process to weed them out and build a team with the right culture at the club.

Heinzesight

The story about them being annoyed about having training later in the day is what fecks me off…you’d think the players would get on board and think perhaps changing things up might make us better…then I think, if they are throwing their toys out of the about it then maybe they are happy being dicked 5-0 at home to our fiercest rivals.

The squad is a cnut soup.

Lewnited

The players that we want to F' off so much are predominantly players that:
a) We've unjustly rewarded with new contracts at some point in the last few years
b) Have openly expressed their desire to leave, only to be convinced to stay
c) Have had moves away from the club blocked

Anyone with half a brain can tell that there is a bunch of players that need to be shoved out the door, it's been that way for years. Lets just pray that we start to operate like an actual, logical football club from now on. Unless we want to be here again in five years time of course.

Member 101269

You hit the nail on the head, it is poor leadership and a bad culture at the club. Unfortunately when you're run that way for 8 years you're going to amass a lot of players that don't have the right attitude, mentality etc. so I can see half the squad suddenly throwing their toys out when it gets tough as they were never right fits to begin with. Going to be a gradual process to weed them out and build a team with the right culture at the club.
They’re adults and supposed to be professionals; behaving badly is on them not management. If they don’t want to be at united they can do one.

binary bot
If it isn't the consequence of our own actions!

Fergie teed up the club getting rid of Rooney. Contract renewed. We're still trying to reward Pogba for dicking around after rewarding him and his fat agent for fecking off in the first place. The esteem Ronaldo has been held in for years has been pathetic. Trying to scrape an extra few million out of Lingard went well. And Jones and Rojo. I don't think anyone would be shocked to find out if Martials contract was massively overpriced. The Di Maria, Maguire and Sancho signings.

The club just shits itself in every decision it makes. Lack of footballing experience shows itself in throwing money at things. The club is bigger than the players, but it hasn't been the policy for 8 years. We're desperate and it shows in every thing we do.

CloneMC16

He swears too much, but I agree. There is no point in keeping players around that don't want to be here. The leaks also need to stop. It's a joke how all of this is coming out.

That means nothing in fairness. You have to talk players up to preserve their value. He said the same about Lukaku and Sanchez when the club were actively trying to sell them both.

On Henderson, if he hadn't got COVID, he'd likely be the first choice keeper now. De Gea got his chance and has been excellent. That's what should happen at big clubs. Shame about the other 10 positions.
Not saying your wrong, that could have been the intention and the board failed to deliver by not selling them. However, maybe you will agree that there’s no point preserving value if you can’t sell the player because he doesn’t want to go? If reports are too be believed, for example with Lingard, he had suitors like West Ham but he trusted what Ole said and thought that he could fight for his place.

Its not easy for a player to leave Man Utd, the only way is down. Ole didn’t have to tell them they are crap and he doesn’t want them, he could have just said nothing in public and privately told them they are not in his plans.

Anyway, I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m only criticising Ole, he didn’t put all these below average players on long term cushy contracts,(Mata, Jones etc). He said multiple times he’s not involved in contracts or selling players and I believe him as the other managers have said the same (Mourinho being blocked from selling Pogba and Martial).

WPMUFC

I hate this squad. Genuinely hate these fecking moaning losers.

You are paid tens, if not hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. And now we are allegedly in full scale revolt because rangnick is telling home truths and pushing you hard??

Just feck off....Christ if we could l afford it, I'd go one by one and just terminate contracts until we have players that want to play for the club.

Hammondo

The thing for me is that the players that complain and aren’t good enough to challenge can happily do one and if the players that are good enough to challenge complain they would likely have a point.
For example if DDG was complaining about the way the club etc is he be right as his performances have been that of a player that should be challenging.
The fact there is rumours of up to 11 is a problem though as bar 1 or 2 all have underperformed this season and should look in the mirror
I'm not sure who the 1 or 2 are, de gea?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just listened to Hugh Woozencroft on Talksport. He is host of seven o'clock show and a United fan. He is saying basically what most of us think. That some of them have it cushy and are happy to just stay. That they do not want to go to a lesser club, actually have to work hard for less money.
That made me think of Toast :lol:

Lost bear

He literally doesn't say anything wrong
there is a hint of machismo on there, I’ll grant that. Nonetheless it’s nice to hear some straight talking, and the guy is right about 90 percent of what he argued. It’s time to get rid of some of these guys; I just hope Ralf feels same way, and will get stuck into putting it into practice, albeit with his appropriate sense of diplomacy.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Dumb, laughable pseudo-macho bullshit. Embarassing.
To be fair Howson is good for a youtube pundit - he isn't reactionary after every game and usnt normally angry - he has just lost it with the latest player leaks and whining. I feel the same tbh

stevoc

Henderson
Dalot
Bailly
Jones
Matic
Van De Beek
Pogba
Martial
Lingard

Would be a start.

jesperjaap

I obviously dont think it’s professional to down tools but I don’t want to start slating our players, it doesn’t feel right. Howson should direct his anger at the board as they wanted all those players here and sanctioned every contract.

We heard Ole with our own ears that Lingard and Henderson have big parts to play etc. That’s not a dig at Ole, the whole club has just had no standards. Hopefully this is the end of crazy decisions to extend players with no future here for the deluded opinion that they are worth something.
Its not even about being bad apples to me, yes there do seem to be a few. Its more a case of so many players infividually not peforming or even showing desire and work rate or seemign to take a wage and not even barely playing.

We have a bloated squad, we have quite a few players witin that squad who have been here over 3 or 4 managers. Though none of the managers for me have been the right ones to really bring us forward, cant keep blaming the manager when the same failings and rifts keep cropping up with several differnt managers.

Simple truth for me is so many of these players are over rated individually, inconsistent individually or just dont seem to have a winners attitude individually.....put that togethr collectively and how does any organisation create a winning side?

Of course a fair proportion of the blame there has to lie with either the managers, scouts or the clubs for the actual signins made over the last few years. There have been very few I have been excited about as signings, so many never seemed right to me at the time right back to the Fellaini Mata window. Only been a couple of windows over seven years I thoguth were good.

One thing has dissapointed me every single window though is the number of players leaving, has never been enough and though it was amazing the fee we got for James.....this summer was probably the worst, number of players who really should be moved on is in double figures for me...easily