Players that we need to get rid off

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
DDG - unless he wants to be No.2 to henderson
Pogba - disappears in important fixtures, not mentally strong and doesn't give a shite about utd. Why was he subbed just before the pens ?
Lindelof - always commits a couple of defensive errors
Martial - simply not good enough
Mata - nothing against him, he's old and passed it
Fred - can't pass, offers nothing going forward and is useless against defensive teams
Bailly - always injured
Jones - see above
Matic - old and passed it

Rashford - needs to compete for his position, grealish signing would be a good wakeup call.

FahadiHossein

Exactly this, OP has described all the reasons why nobody would sign them.
I am pretty sure either Matic or Mata is off to Roma.
Pogba would have gone to Real Madrid if not for the pandemic. These players are wanted by top clubs. But no one can afford now.

MattofManchester

Are people actually saying this?
Not outright. But the implication that having a "better 10"(Like Mount or David Silva, apparently) is that we would be a better team is one I can't fathom.

And then there are those outright saying he's not good enough(who are not on a wind up).

I should just throw in that we should sign Phil Jones to another 6 year deal too. Best defender this club has seen. He's so good, his defending makes memes. :houllier:

Not outright. But the implication that having a "better 10"(Like Mount or David Silva, apparently) is that we would be a better team is one I can't fathom.

And then there are those outright saying he's not good enough(who are not on a wind up).

I should just throw in that we should sign Phil Jones to another 6 year deal too. Best defender this club has seen. He's so good, his defending makes memes. :houllier:
I don’t want to be accused of being a “top red” again - but hopefully 99.99% of our fanbase reaslise this is bollocks.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
No one,

We need a bigger squad. A lot bigger if we want to compete in all competitions.
Did you hear what scholes and rio said after the game ? According to them apart from bruno and cavani and a couple of others there's no one else who has the mindset of a winner. They went to say that most can't be arsed if we lose a game and the culture needs changing.

MattofManchester

Did you hear what scholes and rio said after the game ? According to them apart from bruno and cavani and a couple of others there's no one else who has the mindset of a winner. They went to say that most can't be arsed if we lose a game and the culture needs changing.
I'm an actually in agreement. There's very little impetus you see from our players to drive and push themselves to the limit to win.

Bruno, Cavani, yes. McTominay, maybe. But the rest fade with the game.

The problem is not that we have players that don't step up. The problem is we have too many we are reliant on.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Might well be true but we need to add quality before we ship anyone out. We can’t do it for the sake of they’re being rubbish. We need a squad to win trophies.

Plus, if the mindset is the only problem, why should change the mindset then. Not the players.

Kopral Jono

De Gea, Lindelof, Fred and Martial aside from the obvious i.e. Matic, Mata, etc.

Nori-

DDG - Past his best and on mega wages
Romero - Obviously done at the club
AWB - At the point where he's so bad going forward, I don't care about his defensive abilities anymore
Lindelof - The weakest link in out first back 4, never feel confident with him around
Bailly - Too erratic, always has a stupid foul or one touch too many in him
Jones - He's finished at United, at this point we are keeping him for the banter
Fred - The work rate of race horse, the ability of a baked potato. Running around like a headless chicken isn't enough.
James - No where near Uniteds level, at the very least loan him out for a season.
Pereira - Another player who everyone knows isn't good enough but still hope they can be proved wrong. Wont happen.
Lingard - We must NOT fall for the trap. He was awful for us. He's doing well somewhere else. Take advantage and SELL.
Pogba - Manager after manager have tried to fit him in but he never steps up. Fergie might have been right about him.
Mata - Ive loved having him at the club but no longer needed. Thank you Mata.
Matic: Another one who past his best a while ago. If Roma genuinely want him for £8m don't think twice about it.
Martial: We signed him 6 years ago, SIX and still don't know his best position is. £50m as part of an exchange for Kane or Haaland? Yes please

A lot of changes and not saying all of these will happen but personally those are the players id get rid of.

Using the money you get from sales + transfer kitty, you could get 5/6 great players. Give a few more younger players game time (Diallo, Mejbri, Tuanzebe) and we will be better than ever.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
DDG - Past his best and on mega wages
Romero - Obviously done at the club
AWB - At the point where he's so bad going forward, I don't care about his defensive abilities.
Lindelof - The weakest link in out first back 4, never feel confident with him around
Bailly - Too erratic, always has a stupid foul or one touch too many in him
Jones - He's finished at United, at this point we are keeping him for the banter
Fred - The work rate of race horse, the ability of a baked potato. Running around like a headless chicken isn't enough.
James - No where near Uniteds level, at the very least loan him out for a season.
Pereira - Another player who everyone knows isn't good enough but still hope they can be proved wrong. Wont happen.
Lingard - We must NOT fall for the trap. He was awful for us. He's doing well somewhere else. Take advantage and SELL.
Pogba - Manager after manager have tried to fit him in but he never steps up. Fergie might have been right about him.
Mata - Ive loved having him at the club but no longer needed. Thank you Mata.
Matic: Another one who past his best a while ago. If Roma genuinely want him for £8m don't think twice about it.
Martial: We signed him 6 years ago, SIX and still don't know his best position. £50m as part of an exchange for Kane or Haaland? Yes please

A lot of changes and not saying all of these will happen but personally those are the players id get rid of.

Using the money you get from sales + transfer kitty, you could get 5/6 great players. Give a few more younger players game time (Diallo, Mejbri, Tuanzebe) and we will be better than ever.
Decent list. I'd keep pogba, martial, Fred and awb but agree about the rest. Even Lingard as a squad option is acceptable.

KeanoMagicHat

These threads are always so reactionary after a final loss. Pogba was great for most of the second half of the season. Wan-Bissaka is a very good right-back, Fred is definitely good enough to be a squad player.

Drz

Pogba - disappears in important fixtures, not mentally strong and doesn't give a shite about utd. Why was he subbed just before the pens ?
Fred - can't pass, offers nothing going forward and is useless against defensive teams
Bailly - always injured
Jones - see above

Rashford - needs to compete for his position, grealish signing would be a good wakeup call.
I don't see why McTominay escapes this level of criticism. Like Rashford, he can be in the squad but needs to compete for his position, there is nothing to suggest he should today be starting big games for us.
That aside generally agree with your list.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
DDG - You don't keep a backup keeper at 19.5m a year
Romero - He wants to leave
Grant - Who?

Dalot - Ole doesn't trust him
Bailly - He's made of Balsa wood and quite frankly he's not good enough
Jones - There's nothing to add on that

Mata - its time and we know it
VDB - Ole simply doesn't trust him
Pogba - he doesn't fit into our game
James - he is simply not good enough

We won't be able to get rid of those in red though.

DickDastardly

Start with DDG. It's time. We need a new goalkeepeer, and Henderson just might fit us better.
Go to Spain, enjoy life with your wife and kids, it's ok, we love you.

Jones. Thanks for the memes.

Bailly. Thanks for, i don't know. Sell.

Lingard - time to squeeze West ham for a couple of grand.

Martial. Sulking fecker. Irks me to death.

Pogba. Not a leader. Not a regular performer.

Matić. Legs long gone. Have no use in him.

Mata - please retire and start coaching, just keep him at the club at some level.

If we could pull this and bring in 3 good, hungry fit players, damn, that would be something.

There out of Sancho, Grealish, Rice, a top CB and a attacking RB....

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Need to get rid of an ‘f’ in the title for a start.

shabz

If we were coached better I believe most of our players would actually perform to higher standards more consistently. The lack of a system/philosophy means we get performances like yesterday against well drilled teams. It's been the case all season.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If Ole stays, then everyone on the bench last night (Maguire excepted) needs to go because he evidently has no faith in any of them.

RazorOz

There's a lot of knee jerk in this thread. Getting rid of Pogba and Rashford for example would be crazy, and there's a lot of element of Football Manager style get rid of 10 players and get 10 in that never ever happens.

There's a few players that can go, mainly the ones that offer stone cold nothing as they never play anyway, but how is selling the likes of Pogba and Rashford meant to help us exactly? We'll need to spend just as much to replace them, it would just leave us needing even more players than we already do.

Zlatattack

Bailly - always injured
Jones - see above

I agree with all of these apart from Rashford, who in my opinion needs some competition and judging by his interview, some time to rest and recover from injuries. Also disagree with Lindelof, he's not a bad defender, just not good enough to be first choice. He should be demoted and a replacement bought.

DDG - he's too good to play second fiddle, but at the same time not good enough for us anymore. I don't doubt his ability, i just think he needs a new setting to apply himself.
Pogba - again very good player, but he phones it in far too often. Was in CM y'day and did nothing special. We're not going to play 433 just so he can play in the one position he's excellent in.
Martial - Good player but inconsistent for us. Maybe he needs to be a big fish in a small pond to succeed? He's not good enough to be our 9, we've seen how much more someone like Cavani offers.
Mata - we're not playing him, he's not old enough to retire, should move on for his own career. Far too good to be a bit part player for us, would do great in a less physical league.
Fred - not sure about this one. Last night he had a 'mare, but maybe he has a role as a squad player?
Bailly - like you said, always injured, always has a wobble to him when he plays.
Jones - who's going to buy this guy? We'd have to pay someone to take him.
Matic - we desperately need the Matic who signed for us in his first season. This one is a bit long in the tooth to be that guy.

Don't think it should happen in 1 season though. I think DDG, Pogba and Martial should go now, the rest can wait for another season.

Lee565

No players should go until ole is let go first.

The guy is the biggest flop and wasted a lot of money already, 45 million on a defensive right back that isn't actually that good at defending, 80 million on Maguire who is good but nowhere near worth that, 35 million on beek who has barely started a game this season, 15-20 million on james, then he brought back both tuanzebe and Henderson after impressive loan spells and instead of cashing in on them whilst their stock was at their highest he has had them waste their development and value by sitting them.on the bench more often than not.

The only good signing he has made is bruno, in reality his transfer record is barely any better than Mourinho or van Gaal's

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There's a lot of knee jerk in this thread. Getting rid of Pogba and Rashford for example would be crazy, and there's a lot of element of Football Manager style get rid of 10 players and get 10 in that never ever happens.

There's a few players that can go, mainly the ones that offer stone cold nothing as they never play anyway, but how is selling the likes of Pogba and Rashford meant to help us exactly? We'll need to spend just as much to replace them, it would just leave us needing even more players than we already do.
I don’t think it’s about offering nothing really. I think Pogba can offer a lot and is the best we have, but as a collective, I can’t see how we can build the unit with the right defensive and offensive relationship with him in. Well I can, but it cannot involve Bruno too then. On that basis, I’d let him go, but obviously not because he isn’t good enough.

As for letting Rashford go, no, of course not. But he does need to have a look at himself though.

JB7

In the very recent past people were talking about nailing pogba down was an absolute priority for the summer.
The level of knee jerk in this thread is astonishing.,

Rooney24

No one,

We need a bigger squad. A lot bigger if we want to compete in all competitions.
Frankly I dont even want us to compete in all competitions. Where we are at the moment our only focus should be being Champions of England. But I agree we need a bigger and better squad to even do that.

Thats the first step and all our energies should be going in to achieving that goal. Then you start to think about winning CLs and doubles etc....

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

I agree with all of these apart from Rashford, who in my opinion needs some competition and judging by his interview, some time to rest and recover from injuries. Also disagree with Lindelof, he's not a bad defender, just not good enough to be first choice. He should be demoted and a replacement bought.

DDG - he's too good to play second fiddle, but at the same time not good enough for us anymore. I don't doubt his ability, i just think he needs a new setting to apply himself.
Pogba - again very good player, but he phones it in far too often. Was in CM y'day and did nothing special. We're not going to play 433 just so he can play in the one position he's excellent in.
Martial - Good player but inconsistent for us. Maybe he needs to be a big fish in a small pond to succeed? He's not good enough to be our 9, we've seen how much more someone like Cavani offers.
Mata - we're not playing him, he's not old enough to retire, should move on for his own career. Far too good to be a bit part player for us, would do great in a less physical league.
Fred - not sure about this one. Last night he had a 'mare, but maybe he has a role as a squad player?
Bailly - like you said, always injured, always has a wobble to him when he plays.
Jones - who's going to buy this guy? We'd have to pay someone to take him.
Matic - we desperately need the Matic who signed for us in his first season. This one is a bit long in the tooth to be that guy.

Don't think it should happen in 1 season though. I think DDG, Pogba and Martial should go now, the rest can wait for another season.
I did not say that rashford should be sold. Rashford needs to compete for his spot, signing grealish would make sense here. Either rashford improves like shaw did when we signed telles or grealish gets the starting spot. If he does raise his game then we're left with two good players and thats good for the squad and the manager.