Players to Watch this season

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Get your predictions in. Who are going to be the dark horses and bargain buys this summer that’s really perform? I am mostly thinking of the less obvious ones than Haaland et al. Couple from me;

Lewis-Potter (Brentford) - I like the look of this lad and think he will be one to watch, especially if Toney leaves. In fairness I reckon Hickey will be a good buy for them too.

Awoniyi (Forest) - as above. I’m not huge fans of promoted clubs coming in and buying a whole new team and think they may struggle, but this lad has potential to be too quality.

Alvarez (City) - probably more obvious than the previous two as he is quite highly rated already, but Haaland could be a bit injury prone in which case Alvarez could end up looking like the main man, I reckon.

Note that this thread is in no way an attempt for me to do some sneaky extra research for my upcoming fantasy football draft.

Panfc

I’m hoping it’s going to be James Garner. I love youngsters coming through for us and he did so well at Forrest. I also hope Rashford will be back to his best. He’s shown he can do it, he seems such a nice guy. I think he deserves it to take that next step.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I’m hoping to see more of Guus Baars this year. A CB from Feyenoord who’ve I’ve seen at u18/17 level. Looks incredible on the ball for a CB. In the mould of Timber, Aertssen and Gooijer at Ajax.

Do you know much of him, @KirkDuyt ?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I’m hoping it’s going to be James Garner. I love youngsters coming through for us and he did so well at Forrest. I also hope Rashford will be back to his best. He’s shown he can do it, he seems such a nice guy. I think he deserves it to take that next step.
"Forrest"?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m hoping to see more of Guus Baars this year. A CB from Feyenoord who’ve I’ve seen at u18/17 level. Looks incredible on the ball for a CB. In the mould of Timber, Aertssen and Gooijer at Ajax.

Do you know much of him, @KirkDuyt ?
Definitely promising, but I think he's been troubled with injuries a bit this season. Haven't seen much of him lately. Though admittedly I'm too busy to closely folllow our youth squad lately.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Malcolm Ebiowei for Palace.

The type of winger that usually thrives in Englands fast paced open game. Think he could go onto big things.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ebiowei (Palace) - looks proper player. Not sure if he starts lot of games but he looks very interesting player.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I can see Dewsbury-Hall getting an England call up this year.

Castia

Perisic at Spurs

Will be perfect for Conte's attacking wing back role and be one of the buys of the season.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
G. Jesus. Not necessary a bargain given his wages and transfer fee, but in this Arsenal setup if he can score 15+ league goal then he can be a bargain for 45m.

Dazzmondo

Pereira (Fulham)
Palhinha (Fulham)
Alvarez (City)
Scamacca (West Ham)
Kristensen (Leeds)
Lingard (Forest)
Justin (Leicester)
Dalot (Utd)

Anustart89

Darwin Nuñez is one that I will watch with great interest. For donkey purposes, obviously, but still.

honirelandboy

Bissouma and Bentancur in midfield for Spurs. Two players better than Scott and Fred for 45 million is good business.
Luis Sinnesterra for Leeds is absolute quality. Still trying to figure out how Leeds got him to sign. I think Sinnesterra is the new Mane. I rate him that highly. Niakhate for Nottingham Forest, Kamara for Aston Villa.

kidbob

Sancho - in my opinion the best current English player ability wise. Showed a bit last year but if he hits the top heights of his talent then we are talking about the best player in the League in my opinion.

Dalot - under proper coaching the talent is absolutely there.

Jacob Ramsey - just a superstar waiting to happen.

Diaz (Liverpool) - will he continue his great form or have second season syndrome?

Haaland - the obvious one. He's the real deal but just how high is his ceiling.

SAFMUTD

Lisandro Martinez, he's got no physical attributes at all, but Ajax's fans really rate him. So I'm eager to see whats he's all about.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
At City Cole Palmer can make an impact if things fall his way.
He did well last season before injury then City's need to play strongest XI to stay ahead of Pool kept him out of the team.
He will probably deputise for Mahrez at RW and get more chances this term.

AsonUnique

Olise (Palace)
Caicedo (Brighton) - Replace Bissouma
Bazunu (Southampton) - Will he be their #1?
Collins (Wolves) - How did they do this deal?!?!
Aaronson (Leeds)

My non EPL pick
Gourna (Salzburg)

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Sancho can make a great impact to United and he will bring positive vibes both on the pitch and off the pitch.

Martinez is an interesting player, I will watch his adaptation in EPL especially against big strikers. From what I’ve seen, I still think he can adapt to EPL well.

my non EPL pick

Mathys Tel- I will see his potential in Nagelsmann’s( another manager who I will watch him closely this season) management. This guy has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Ryan Yates, the lad‘s been written off at every level he’s played at from the Forest academy upwards, but works his backside off. As Roy Keane says “the most dedicated footballer he’s ever worked with”.

Lecland07

Doherty - started playing well before his injury last season. Think he will be very effective with a more attacking approach to the wing backs under Conte
Brennan Johnson - Think he will be effective in the Premier League
Alvarez - Completely based on the community shield - he did look very good there.
Martinez - Feel he is massively underrated.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Garnacho has a decent chance to become a starter at Man Utd, assuming no other forward is signed and Rashford continues to stagnate.