Players who should've gone into management.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I want Diego Costa to be a manager.

Not of Chelsea but I wanna see what would happen somewhere else!
Would love to see Costa as the manager of Millwall.

It would be like a Mad Max film every game.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Personally I am surprised John Terry hasn't been given a job yet. He apparently has all his qualifications and he was very well regarded at Villa. My opinion is that it is probably to do with that incident he had with Anton Ferdinand. I can see how clubs would shy away from having that all dragged up again.

Jibbs

I think Mata will be a great manager. From the England's golden generation I thought Ashley Cole had the most potential to be a manager.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
As a very successful player, you basically have a higher chance of ruining your reputation than adding to it by becoming a manager.

We currently have an out of his depth Kompany managing a very average Anderlecht side over here in Belgium, and it's a pretty sad sight. I felt the same about Pirlo making an ass of himself at Juve last year.

As a mediocre player however, it's a second chance to make a name for yourself in the game.

OleBoiii

I don't think we as spectators really have any clue about which players are suited for management. We can simply just guess.

For the people who actually work with these future managers it's probably a lot more apparent, though.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Phillip Lahm, Denis Irwin. Two players who I thought were amongst the most intelligent on the pitch when they were playing.