Players who went injury free their whole career?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I remember Sir Bobby Charlton saying he never got an injury in his career.

Fitchett

I remember Sir Bobby Charlton saying he never got an injury in his career.
I can believe that. It was strange how in the 60's, opposing defenders used to try to kick lumps out of Denis Law and George Best, but generally left Charlton alone. I remember Best making the same point in one of his books.

BlueViper

Supports
Chelsea
These are some of the best players of their time. I've always wondered if they're so good because they're injury-free (Aguero and Reus are shout outs to players that get routinely injured but keep coming back to a similar level), or injury-free because they're so good, or both. Can't be a coincidence that the top two players in the world play that many games despite taking a beating can it?

Blackwidow

These are some of the best players of their time. I've always wondered if they're so good because they're injury-free (Aguero and Reus are shout outs to players that get routinely injured but keep coming back to a similar level), or injury-free because they're so good, or both. Can't be a coincidence that the top two players in the world play that many games despite taking a beating can it?
They usually do not run themselves into the ground, or? :cool:

Last edited:

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Fergie would make Anderson one of the best midfielders we ever had if he was injury free. It really can ruin footballers career

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Not taking good care of yourself plays a part in frequent injuries. Some don't take rehabilitation as seriously as they could. Diet, non-football activies, gym room and generally being well prepared for practice are all things that matter. Frequently injured players aren't all injured because they are more unlucky, it can be their own fault.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Almost.

Last season 16-17 is the first time he was injured. His biggest and only injury in his almost injury free career. Ignoring that, he's always available. Insane record.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/juan-mata/verletzungen/spieler/44068
According to a podcast which has some acquaintances at the club, Mata wasn't injured but had a tumour in his groin that needed to be removed. I would say based on that, Mata does have a perfect injury record because cancer gets all of us eventually.

Robertd0803

Rooney's only serious injury came before the 2006 world cup .
Also theres the similar injury vs Bayern that ended up costing us the league and Champions League indirectly.

Also missed a big chunk of games in 12/13 with his leg being sliced open vs Fulham I think?

Luke1995

Also theres the similar injury vs Bayern that ended up costing us the league and Champions League indirectly.

Also missed a big chunk of games in 12/13 with his leg being sliced open vs Fulham I think?
Ah yeah, I remember that leg problem... but the 2006 one was probably more serious, he really risked his career there and for what ?

Bole Top

I was reading the article about Hamsik and him leaving Napoli so I googled him to see his goalscoring stats and saw that he played all 38 games in each of the last three seasons. before that, he has another season in which he played all 38 games and 4 seasons in which he played 37 games. obviously rarely injured and rarely suspended.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was reading the article about Hamsik and him leaving Napoli so I googled him to see his goalscoring stats and saw that he played all 38 games in each of the last three seasons. before that, he has another season in which he played all 38 games and 4 seasons in which he played 37 games. obviously rarely injured and rarely suspended.
That's a pretty fantastic record to have, fair play to him.
I know Harry Maguire played every minute of Leicesters premier league season, but I'm not sure if he's been injury free for the amount of time Hamsik has.

Bole Top

That's a pretty fantastic record to have, fair play to him.
I know Harry Maguire played every minute of Leicesters premier league season, but I'm not sure if he's been injury free for the amount of time Hamsik has.
tbf, there are even better examples like Brad Friedel but for a midfielder those stats are great.

Friedel's stats:

2001-02 - 37 Blackburn
2002-03 - 37
2003-04 - 36
2004-05 - 38
2005-06 - 38
2006-07 - 38
2008-09 - 38 Aston Villa
2009-10 - 38
2010-11 - 38
2011-12 - 38 Tottenham

310 consecutive games for him until Tottenham bought Lloris and benched him. amazing.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
tbf, there are even better examples like Brad Friedel but for a midfielder those stats are great.

Friedel's stats:

2001-02 - 37 Blackburn
2002-03 - 37
2003-04 - 36
2004-05 - 38
2005-06 - 38
2006-07 - 38
2008-09 - 38 Aston Villa
2009-10 - 38
2010-11 - 38
2011-12 - 38 Tottenham

310 consecutive games for him until Tottenham bought Lloris and benched him. amazing.
Ah yeah Freidel! I forgot he even existed to be honest. Yeah that's a quality record isn't it, having players like these who will give everything week in week out can be such an underrated quality.