Players you had forgotten existed

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Christopher Samba
Anthony Pilkington
Barry Bannon*

I remember once reading a newspaper report that Ferguson's United were going to sign Bannon and Ciaran Clark from Villa.

Think that journo now works in Poundland.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Simon Kjaer. Had one good World Cup and tons of rumours linking him to numerous clubs. I remember a lot of LFC fans wanted him paired up with Daniel Agger (I guess another name for this list) :)

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
Roberto Mancini.

Not so much the player himself but that he played for Leicester!

Infestissumam

Thomas Vermaelen

Not sure what is more surprising to me: that he's still playing for Barcelona, or that he's only 32 years old.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Stevan Jovetic. I have no idea who he plays for at the moment.

Major

Supports
chelsea
Obrianiak? not sure about the surname...can't remember the first. Just got the feeling there was someone with a name sounding like that.

kudiak

Supports
Semen Padang FC
Paulo Henrique Ganso.

Ballon D'Or Winner in FM 11.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hoarau, the game against Young Boys reminded me his existence.

Eugenius

Somehow several Fulham players come to mind:

Facundo Sava
Brian McBride
Diomansy Kamara
Steed Malbranque
The guy who costs £11m from some French team
Carlos Bocanegra
Paul Stalteri

Nico87

Somehow several Fulham players come to mind:

Facundo Sava
Brian McBride
Diomansy Kamara
Steed Malbranque
The guy who costs £11m from some French team
Carlos Bocanegra
Paul Stalteri
Steve Marlet?, I think he was the one who was so bad that Al Fayed sued Tigana.

Ether

John Bostock, made his debut for Palace as a 15 year old and got linked to Barca/United/Chelsea but ended up signing with Spurs. Really thought he'd become a big player but he fell of completely.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Steve Marlet?, I think he was the one who was so bad that Al Fayed sued Tigana.
He should have sued his lawyer too, Marlet was a french international he had no way to win.:lol:

Nickosaur

In my mind Nainggolon and Arturo Vidal had morphed into the same player. When Vidal came on for Barca the other night v Spurs I freaked out. I had completely forgot he existed and must have missed his move to Barca.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Paul Stalteri
Canadian legend from my hometown. My brother growing up played with his brother-in-law I think or maybe nephew. He's involved in the Canadian youth set-up now.

John Bostock
I remember being so excited when he signed on loan with Toronto FC. Had a great touch on the ball and it was very evident he was a talented player but he was just never very effective and it was during our dark days of being complete shite. Although we also played him on the wing which apparently isn't his position, I always thought he was an AM/winger but transfermarkt has him playing DM. I knew he went off to the Belgian second division but didn't realize he'd managed to work his way up to Ligue 1 and even won Ligue 2 player of the year. Seems to be doing well for himself and still only 26. Was almost killed by a drunk driver last year too.

Bole Top

I thought van der Wiel used to be fairly good for Holland but I see he failed badly after leaving PSG in 2016. plays in MLS now.

Nico87

He should have sued his lawyer too, Marlet was a french international he had no way to win.:lol:
Here's a bit more info fron an old article below. It seems it was more he attempted to refuse full payment as he thought it was a scam.

Fayed questioned manager Jean Tigana’s valuation of the player and withheld a portion of the transfer fee owing to Lyon because he opposed the role a couple of agents had played in the deal – but the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne eventually ruled that Fulham had to pay the full balance. Tigana had briefly worked as Marlet’s agent before becoming Fulham manager, but was cleared of any misconduct.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, Marlet was undoubtedly overpriced, because he’d done little to warrant such a burdensome price tag. During four seasons at Auxerre, he’d earned a reputation as a quick, effective right-winger, and stepped up a level by joining Lyon in 2000. His single season there was the most successful in his career: he scored five goals in the Champions League, reached double figures in the league, got his first international cap and won the French League Cup alongside future Fulham team-mate Steed Malbranque.

Here was an improving player, then, but hardly one worth £11.5m – and that inflated fee soon became apparent when he began his new life in England. After a slow start, Marlet looked out of his depth regardless of whether he played alongside Barry Hayles, Louis Saha or Luis Boa Morte and his days were numbered following Tigana’s sacking. It didn’t help his case that Fulham never really decided whether he was a striker or winger, or that the sort of kudos once reserved exclusively for kids from Rio and São Paulo was being attached to anybody with a French passport around that time as a result of France’s double World Cup and European Championship triumph.

Ryan7

Rafael Ferdinand Van Der Vaart. He now plys his trade with Esbjerg fB in Denmark. Apparently he barely gets any game time.

And yes, Ferdinand really is his middle name.

HarlanEiffler

Arda Turan. Where the feck is he?
Arda Turan is actually really funny. Is loaned out to one of the minor Istanbul teams (Basaksehir), got suspended last season for 16 games after pushing a linesman, and is now facing jailtime because he broke a Turkish singer's nose in a nightclub scuffle that started because Turan behaving inappropriately towards the Singer's wife (?). Apparently, after he knocked him out, Arda followed the singer to a hospital where he was treated, and confronted him again, this time with a gun visible in a holster on his hip. Hilarious.