Players you were right and wrong about

Kostov

Recently there is Jesse Lingard. I never rated him more than a Championship/lower PL player. Now that he has had a sustained run as CAM I realized I was very wrong.

Bruno8

I was right about Miki. His struggles were predictable. maybe with a different manager he may perform better in the PL

SambaBoy

I always kept faith in De Gea. I would say a good 25-35% on this forum wanted him gone at one point and were adamant he wasn't suited to the PL.

PJS also received his fair share of critics but always thought he was a good option to have, very underrated. Same with Fletcher although he was poor at the start of his career.

I was wrong about Young. I was excited when we signed him as I thought he was top class at Aston Villa, but he never reached the same heights at United. I always thought he performed when we were 3-0 up or out of sight, basically thought he was a bottler and not a United type player. He's proved me wrong the last few years, he's went back to basics, works hard and shows some glimpses of class sometimes. His passion is great to see.

Also wrong about RvP. Thought he would wreck the progress of some of our young players, and he would be an injury prone declining striker. But what a purchase he was under SAF.

Wrong about Fabio too. Thought he would be a shoe-in for United for years, eventually he came to the fore and played at RB in a CL final, massive decline since then and hardly stands out in the Championship. Also thought Ben Foster was a top class keeper and would be the perfect replacement for VDS.

simplyared

Thought wouldn't amount to anything but did: Paul Scholes
Thought would be great but didn't work out (or rather put "didn't live up to expectation): Sammy Mcilroy
Thought wouldn't amount to anything and didn't/don't think will: Victor Lindelöf
Thought would be great and was: Cristiano Ronaldo

black_crow

Thought wouldn't amount to anything but did: Ruud van Nistelrooy
Thought would be great but didn't work out (or rather put "didn't live up to expectation): Memphis Depay
Thought wouldn't amount to anything and didn't/don't think will: Eric Djemba-Djemba
Thought would be great and was: Wayne Rooney

red_devil83

Chris Eagles. If you go back and watch the season in review of his debut year, he plays like a young Giggsy.