Playing on the shoulder

cyberman

Isnt it about time forwards learned a lesson fron VAR and not try to cheat every inch on the shoulder? The amount of time these strikers have acres in front of them and theyre still trying to time the perfect run is getting ridiculous imo.
Itll get worse as well. Right now its the delay and letting the play run on thats aggrivating but automated offsides are just around the corner and thatll kill these ghost goals at source.
They never used to play this high. They only did when the offside law was ammended in 1990 lso you had to be level with 1 player and not 2 (if i remember correctly) but after that they all tried to steal would they could.

arnie_ni

I've said this about rashford earlier this season after a game he was caught offside about 5 times in the first half.

Hes that fast he'd be better staying a yard onside, no call to play it that tight especially now you cannot get away with it.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I've said this about rsshford earlier this season after a game he was caught offside about 5 times in the first half.

Hes that fast he'd be better staying a yard onside, no call to play it that tight especially now you cannot get away with it.
Brilliant movement. Watch out for the Rashford fanboys. They are a wild bunch.
It’s weird though. He was getting caught offside an awful lot until about halfway through the season and now he’s rarely moving into those positions at all anymore

arnie_ni

It’s weird though. He was getting caught offside an awful lot until about halfway through the season and now he’s rarely moving into those positions at all anymore
I think he's clearly injured now and just can't make the runs as often but this is taking the conversation off topic.

It was the second paragraph that was really my point.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: The fact that you’ve already hijacked yet another thread to cry about Marcus Rashford is amazing

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
:lol: The fact that you’ve already hijacked yet another thread to cry about Marcus Rashford is amazing
Cry :lol:

I’m asking a legitimate question about his movement. He was constantly offside in games at one point and not really at all anymore. I might be lynched for even mentioning it. Is it tactical or is the injury? It’s a valid question no? We are rarely caught offside these days. Is that because we aren’t playing on the shoulder or we aren’t playing the kind of searching balls in behind that would produce an offside decision? I thought Cavani would be an excellent player on the shoulder but we seem to be hitting him with crosses more than anything in behind.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Huh?