Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Castia

It is now yes, the expansion fixed a lot of the problems from launch. The PS4 version has a few cool touches as well like The Last Of Us themed instances and a feature that sends monsters from your game to friends over PSN.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'm getting that on Tuesday. I know nothing about it at all

Is there a learning curve or easy to play?

Castia

Download the demo its on PS store, its scary as feck with a preview of the new Silent Hill game at the end.

penalty snot

Right just finished PT demo.

Brilliant graphics. Superb lighting and detail.
Sound was superb also. The feel of the game was creepy.

Everything from the wooden floors, decaying walls, swinging lights. It looks gorgeous. Really getting to see what power the PS4 has

Will buy.

penalty snot

Cheers. Never played a Silent Hill before. I might give this one a go when it eventually comes out although I don't think I will have the patience to play the others to get up to speed with the storyline.
Nor did I mate, but I'd give this a go to see what all the fuss was about.

Stick your surround sound on, turn the lights out, and give it a whirl. It looked beautiful.

I think it'll be a stand alone game not linked to the previous titles.

2.5GB download or so.

Give the demo a try and let us know what you think.

Redo91

Nor did I mate, but I'd give this a go to see what all the fuss was about.

Stick your surround sound on, turn the lights out, and give it a whirl. It looked beautiful.

I think it'll be a stand alone game not linked to the previous titles.

2.5GB download or so.

Give the demo a try and let us know what you think.
Is the demo playable on the PS3? I'm not planning on picking up a PS4 until the end of the year.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I've been considering buying a few games in the future on the ps-store.
Does it still end up being worse than from a disc like it did in the first days? or is that fixed?

Castia

Anybody picking up Diablo 3 today? I'm tempted to go and get to even though I own the PC version!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Anybody picking up Diablo 3 today? I'm tempted to go and get to even though I own the PC version!
Never played Diablo before, is it going to suck me in completely or am I going to hate it seeing as I've never played this sort of games before?

Leg-End

Yep the entire single player campaign can be played offline if you wish.

Redo91

Do you think that Polyphony Digital are going to make a game that looks worse than this? Not happening, and they have to hit 60fps. Something has to give somewhere.
Do you think PD are capable of producing visuals like this AND having it run at 60fps? Uncharted 4 will be running at 60fps and judging by the trailer (which had no CGI and was produced using the in game engine) will have spectacular visuals so I guess it can be done.

Whatever people think about the PS4's CPU it looks like it will be able to produce some impressive results and it's still only early days.

WeasteDevil

Do you think PD are capable of producing visuals like this AND having it run at 60fps? Uncharted 4 will be running at 60fps and judging by the trailer (which had no CGI and was produced using the in game engine) will have spectacular visuals so I guess it can be done.

Whatever people think about the PS4's CPU it looks like it will be able to produce some impressive results and it's still only early days.
Do I think Polyphony will be able to do it? Well, yeah, what other console racers ran at 1440x1080p 60fps on the PS3? Turn 10 only managed 720p with Forza on the XB360, with no dynamic time of day, no weather, etc. Evolution only did 720p on the PS3 at 30fps.

Redo91

Do I think Polyphony will be able to do it? Well, yeah, what other console racers ran at 1440x1080p 60fps on the PS3? Turn 10 only managed 720p with Forza on the XB360, with no dynamic time of day, no weather, etc. Evolution only did 720p on the PS3 at 30fps.
That's true. I really hope GT lives up to expectations on the PS4. I used to be a big fan but I haven't enjoyed any of them since GT4.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That was the finished product... Silent Hills will be unrelated, apparently...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
:lol: I really enjoyed playing it as in a horror movie/game fan.

The visuals are really well since. Can't wait to see the finished product.
And they apparently downgraded graphics for the demo to make it look more indie!