Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

nooshka

Customisable folders is the one thing a really want on my PS4 its just such a mess the way it is currently.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
You can't play PS3 games on the PS4 right? I'm wondering, then, whether it's worth me picking up a PS3 (I had a 360 when the consoles were new) to play some of the games I missed out on. I'll be honest though, what's making me consider getting one at the moment is the ability to play all MGS games on it. I decided I'd play through the series before buying MGSV and started off doing so on the Vita, beat the first game but i found it a bit fiddly all the way through and MGS2 seems even more so.

Anyways, what other games would make that purchase worthwhile and anyone know which model of PS3 I should be looking at and where I could get one cheap? Cheers hombres!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You can't play PS3 games on the PS4 right? I'm wondering, then, whether it's worth me picking up a PS3 (I had a 360 when the consoles were new) to play some of the games I missed out on. I'll be honest though, what's making me consider getting one at the moment is the ability to play all MGS games on it. I decided I'd play through the series before buying MGSV and started off doing so on the Vita, beat the first game but i found it a bit fiddly all the way through and MGS2 seems even more so.

Anyways, what other games would make that purchase worthwhile and anyone know which model of PS3 I should be looking at and where I could get one cheap? Cheers hombres!
You don't need to play all games to grasp MGS, just Snake Eater and Peace Walker. You don't even need to play any in fact, I'd completed both but hardly remembered the story so I read it up on the Internet - loads of places that allow it.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
You don't need to play all games to grasp MGS, just Snake Eater and Peace Walker. You don't even need to play any in fact, I'd completed both but hardly remembered the story so I read it up on the Internet - loads of places that allow it.
I've managed to find that out in my searches around the internet, i just wanted to play through them all whilst i was at it as i've always meant to get into the series as a whole. Will plow onwards through the Vita versions for the time being anyway and see how i go.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've managed to find that out in my searches around the internet, i just wanted to play through them all whilst i was at it as i've always meant to get into the series as a whole. Will plow onwards through the Vita versions for the time being anyway and see how i go.
I'd be willing to bet they will come out on Ps now at some point

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Can you use a Canadian account and the Canadian ps store while living in the UK? Or can you share games across stores? Like I live in Canada and my brother lives in the UK so we want to know if we'll be able to buy the electronic version of games and then share them on our two ps4s.

Leg-End

Can you use a Canadian account and the Canadian ps store while living in the UK? Or can you share games across stores? Like I live in Canada and my brother lives in the UK so we want to know if we'll be able to buy the electronic version of games and then share them on our two ps4s.
The simple answer is yes, you can play any region account on your PS4.

You should be able to share atleast one way, not sure if it would work both ways. One of you will have to give up your ability to play PSN store purchased games offline, you need to be logged in to play them (which isn't a big deal unless PSN goes down just when your ready for a gaming session).

Good source of info would be the PS4 subreddit and do a search about cross region game sharing but I believe it should be possible, a ton of people buy PSN games from the US store to play in the UK so I don't see why it wouldn't work for account sharing too.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The simple answer is yes, you can play any region account on your PS4.

You should be able to share atleast one way, not sure if it would work both ways. One of you will have to give up your ability to play PSN store purchased games offline, you need to be logged in to play them (which isn't a big deal unless PSN goes down just when your ready for a gaming session).

Good source of info would be the PS4 subreddit and do a search about cross region game sharing but I believe it should be possible, a ton of people buy PSN games from the US store to play in the UK so I don't see why it wouldn't work for account sharing too.
So I'll just always have to be logged in to play? We pretty much only play online anyway so that won't be a problem. I'll take a look at reddit, cheers.

Bugzy

I dislike the fact on games like Fifa and Rocket league (games which I play) that if you want to play with someone locally against online people, you have to have 2 PSN paying accounts. I mean like wtf, who is going to pay for 2 accounts.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I dislike the fact on games like Fifa and Rocket league (games which I play) that if you want to play with someone locally against online people, you have to have 2 PSN paying accounts. I mean like wtf, who is going to pay for 2 accounts.
I'm sure you don't have to.

Bojan11

Eh?

In FIFA you don't.

Bugzy

How do I then play? @Bojan11 @zlatan_ish Do you understand what I am saying. Me and my bro want to play against others online while we are on the same team and console. I am sure the 2nd user has to login.

Last edited:

b82REZ

How do I then play? @Bojan11 @zlatan_ish Do you understand what I am saying. Me and my bro want to play against others online while we are on the same team and console. I am sure the 2nd user has to login.
You're right. If i ever want to play split screen Rocket League online I have to hijack my mates login for the other player.

Big Cheez

The 2nd user has to login but you don't need to pay for a second PSN account. The PS Plus subscription should cover every account on the playstation, not just the one it was bought through.

Bugzy

The 2nd user has to login but you don't need to pay for a second PSN account. The PS Plus subscription should cover every account on the playstation, not just the one it was bought through.
No way.

So I have one account called Bugzy and I paid for it, and I create a 2nd side account signed into play station network but I dont use and I haven't paid for, I can still play online with my 2nd account?

Big Cheez

No way.

So I have one account called Bugzy and I paid for it, and I create a 2nd side account signed into play station network but I dont use and I haven't paid for, I can still play online with my 2nd account?
Think so yeah.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I'm pretty sure you don't have to have PS plus.

I added my friend as a user on my PS once for RL splitscreen and he didn't have PS plus. Also, there should be a guest option

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
No way.

Yes way.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
PS4 Champions League App Launches Today:

The free app, which is exclusive to PS4 and available now from PlayStation Store, let’s you watch classic matches from the UEFA Champions League archives, play Fantasy Football and other mini-games, and compete for amazing prizes.
The app offers three games to enjoy – Fantasy Football, Top Five (coming soon) and Predictor – allowing you to compete against your friends and climb the PlayStation F.C. Leaderboards on PS4.
  • Fantasy Football: Pick your UEFA Champions League dream team – make big money transfers, game changing substitutions and, of course, choose the all-important team name.
  • Top Five (coming soon): Who do you think will be the star players in the next match? Make your choice.
  • Predictor: Can you guess the correct result of the upcoming match?

The points you earn playing these games are combined to give you an overall score on the PlayStation F.C. Leaderboard. As you earn more points, you’ll also be assigned an overall “UEFA Champions League Fan Level”, which can be improved as the season progresses.
Take a look at what prizes are on offer.
  • Matchday prizes: PlayStation Vita, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership
  • Grand prize (after the end of the Quarter-Final stage): 2 x tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Milan 2016, with flights and accommodation
  • End of season prizes: PS4 – Ultimate Player 1TB Edition, DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership
  • 5 x end of season runners up prizes – PlayStation Vita, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership

More about the app here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...-today-on-ps4/

nooshka

I'm looking to change my hard drive and was after a bit of advice on what would be the best option and how easy it is to change, I've just filled up a 500gb and was looking at 3 or 4tb? just wondering if this is possible, how easy it is to change and what would be the best brand?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
PS4 Champions League App Launches Today:

The free app, which is exclusive to PS4 and available now from PlayStation Store, let’s you watch classic matches from the UEFA Champions League archives, play Fantasy Football and other mini-games, and compete for amazing prizes.
The app offers three games to enjoy – Fantasy Football, Top Five (coming soon) and Predictor – allowing you to compete against your friends and climb the PlayStation F.C. Leaderboards on PS4.
  • Fantasy Football: Pick your UEFA Champions League dream team – make big money transfers, game changing substitutions and, of course, choose the all-important team name.
  • Top Five (coming soon): Who do you think will be the star players in the next match? Make your choice.
  • Predictor: Can you guess the correct result of the upcoming match?

The points you earn playing these games are combined to give you an overall score on the PlayStation F.C. Leaderboard. As you earn more points, you’ll also be assigned an overall “UEFA Champions League Fan Level”, which can be improved as the season progresses.
Take a look at what prizes are on offer.
  • Matchday prizes: PlayStation Vita, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership
  • Grand prize (after the end of the Quarter-Final stage): 2 x tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Milan 2016, with flights and accommodation
  • End of season prizes: PS4 – Ultimate Player 1TB Edition, DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership
  • 5 x end of season runners up prizes – PlayStation Vita, €100 PlayStation Store Wallet Top-up, 12 Month PlayStation Plus Membership

More about the app here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...-today-on-ps4/
Is it only for the EU?

Bojan11

Yakuza 1 remake and 6 were announced today.

Sadly never coming to the UK also.

Bojan11

Only thing we can do is hope everyone buys Yakuza 5, so they change their mind.