Gaming PlayStation 5

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
What’s the story here? Love space games but that looks like an off nms/alien/control hybrid
I have no idea, to be honest. I'm not entirely sure what the game is, still. I'm interested in it because I like the studio, but I don't think they've done a great job of explaining the game.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So what's everyone expecting with the state of play? With it airing right after United's game, hopefully we can enjoy a double dose of excitement. I'm hoping for-

Ratchet & Clank female lombax trailer
Horizon Forbidden West trailer (if it's still coming in 2021)
Kena release date
FF7R and Maquette as PS+ games for March
Solar Ash trailer
TLoU2 factions
One 'surprise' announcement (maybe silent hill)
Out of the ones you mentioned, I think Ratchet is guaranteed to be shown. Horizon will probably get a new trailer. And I really hope they do show off Factions. That's the one I'm probably most excited about. It's surely been long enough now that they got something substantial to show. And perhaps I'm being a little too hopeful, but maybe they'll have something special for the PS Plus games this month. Something extra on top of what they normally dish out. Probably not though.

Smores

Still think PS5 is missing that big co-op game to play with your mates. Hoping to see some announced.

b82REZ

Returnal is a rogue like/lite isn't it?

I love those kinds of games. However I don't 69.99 love them. It'll be a wait for sale for me on this one.

In other news I'm pretty excited for the free outriders demo that's coming at 5pm UK time today. Game looks fun and it's a genuinely free demo (not a beta) with progress that carries into the main game. No live service elements, no microtransactions and full cross gen and cross system crossplay. Sign me up for that one.
Is it? If that's the case colour me interested.

However, only a month until Repentance :drool:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Is it? If that's the case colour me interested.

However, only a month until Repentance :drool:
Yes, as far as I know Returnal is a rogue like/lite game.

Repentance yes - excited for this but I won't be playing it until it gets a PS4/5 release. I shall enjoy watching Sinvicta play it on youtube though in the meantime.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Still think PS5 is missing that big co-op game to play with your mates. Hoping to see some announced.
Imagine a the last of us game in huge expansive environments for co-op of say 4-6 players. Would be unreal

Not the shitty multiplayer they had last time though like team death match. More the story type stuff exploring, crafting and fighting AI/zombies

Deery

Dreary
The PS5 is a bit shit isn’t it, I’ve literally got 2 games and was asked to delete one for the new update on COD went in and deleted zombies off Cold War. So when a half decent game actually does come out I’ll have to delete the whole thing if not both, ffs...

Bojan11

The PS5 is a bit shit isn’t it, I’ve literally got 2 games and was asked to delete one for the new update on COD went in and deleted zombies off Cold War. So when a half decent game actually does come out I’ll have to delete the whole thing if not both, ffs...
Are you sure you have not downloaded both PS4 and PS5 versions of COD?

b82REZ

That's what you get for playing COD in 2021

b82REZ

No downloaded Modern Warfare (PS4) and Cold War (PS5).
In all seriousness though, the COD games are massive files. I think Modern Warfare alone is pushing 150-200gb. Whether they're badly optimised or not I don't know but no other game I own has come close to taking as much space on the SSD as COD.

Generally you're looking between 50 and 60gb a game. I have about 10 games installed currently.

Deery

Dreary
Battlefield is much much better if you're into world war FPS's and both 1 & 5 run at 60fps on the PS5 and look incredible.
In all seriousness though, the COD games are massive files. I think Modern Warfare alone is pushing 150-200gb. Whether they're badly optimised or not I don't know but no other game I own has come close to taking as much space on the SSD as COD.

Generally you're looking between 50 and 60gb a game. I have about 10 games installed currently.
Thanks, I’ll have to maybe try battlefield these downloads are massive every time.

Didn’t know you could get up to 10 games on it that’s no bad in fairness, it’s the fomo that kills you though.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I want to know if (and how many) people have been buying games at £70. To know if the price will stick and to laugh about it...

Deery

Dreary
I want to know if (and how many) people have been buying games at £70. To know if the price will stick and to laugh about it...
Just paid that for Cod War wasn’t really worth it but will happily pay that for the like of God of War or a new Red Dead.

b82REZ

I've paid £70 for Demon's Souls. Sackboy and Miles were a bit cheaper at launch. Hitman was priced closer to the PS4 version. I do think the price will become around 70 throughout the generation, but while they keep double dipping with releases I imagine they'll be slightly cheaper for now. I can see R&C, Returnal etc being 70 at launch.

evil_geko

I am glad Playstation exclusivity is slowly becoming thing of the past with so many past and future PS exclusives coming to PC too as was mentioned in the Jim Ryan interview. They felt that good money from Horizon Zero Dawn sales on PC and saw how "There is no profit on PC" is a myth.

Any exclusivity should be a thing of the past.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
yeah, I got Demons Souls at full price (€80) and pre ordered Ratchet for same. I dont mind for certain big Sony games. But then I saw that new Returnal game at full whack it put me off right away.

Bojan11

I've paid £70 for Demon's Souls. Sackboy and Miles were a bit cheaper at launch. Hitman was priced closer to the PS4 version. I do think the price will become around 70 throughout the generation, but while they keep double dipping with releases I imagine they'll be slightly cheaper for now. I can see R&C, Returnal etc being 70 at launch.
Ratchet is £70 at launch.

I am glad Playstation exclusivity is slowly becoming thing of the past with so many past and future PS exclusives coming to PC too as was mentioned in the Jim Ryan interview. They felt that good money from Horizon Zero Dawn sales on PC and saw how "There is no profit on PC" is a myth.

Great post.

Shark

@NotShark

More like feeding off the scraps. As mentioned Horizon was a horrible port and Days Gone is hardly a big hitter. It's a 7/10 game at best.

evil_geko

More like feeding off the scraps. As mentioned Horizon was a horrible port and Days Gone is hardly a big hitter. It's a 7/10 game at best.
I believe God of War, Bloodborne, Uncharted collection, Spider-Man and all if not most of the other "big hitters" are on their way to the PC now that they tested the market and it yielded great results. Jim Ryan himself said there are a lot more PS exclusives coming to PC, that doesn't sound like "scraps" to me.

Bloodborne is in biggest demand on PC market and they would be idiots to miss on that money. Their costs are increasing, they need more money, it is a logical move. God of War coming on PC is also a big logical move, similar to Horizon Zero Dawn, to promote the incoming sequel.

Ainu

It had compatibility issues at launch and some weird shader building wait, but those were quickly fixed.
What about performance? I haven't actually played it on pc, having platinumed it on console.

On the topic of Bloodborne, a PC version with unlocked framerate and actually fixed frame pacing would be the stuff of dreams. You'd go back to the console version and wonder how the feck you were ever able to beat some of the tougher bosses on that. :lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
What about performance? I haven't actually played it on pc, having platinumed it on console.
Performance was fine at first, but it did overuse resources. I believe they fixed that too since.

All in all it released in a much superior state to the console version.

On the topic of Bloodborne, a PC version with unlocked framerate and actually fixed frame pacing would be the stuff of dreams. You'd go back to the console version and wonder how the feck you were ever able to beat some of the tougher bosses on that. :lol:
Very much agreed!

Shark

@NotShark
I believe God of War, Bloodborne, Uncharted collection, Spider-Man and all if not most of the other "big hitters" are on their way to the PC now that they tested the market and it yielded great results. Jim Ryan himself said there are a lot more PS exclusives coming to PC, that doesn't sound like "scraps" to me.

Bloodborne is in biggest demand on PC market and they would be idiots to miss on that money. Their costs are increasing, they need more money, it is a logical move. God of War coming on PC is also a big logical move, similar to Horizon Zero Dawn, to promote the incoming sequel.
Oh well if that's the case it's obviously great news, but as far as I know nothing had been specifically mentioned aside from Days Gone. Ghost Of Tsushima is also another highly demanded one I'd say. That would look utterly breathtaking on higher end GPU's :drool: already looks incredible in 4K on PS5 with PS4 Pro textures and 60fps.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A lot of you jumping on that £70! I don't think I've ever paid more than £45 for a PlayStation game. Might push it to £50 this gen but I'm not keen on that £70 price at all.

Last edited:

b82REZ

Thanks, I’ll have to maybe try battlefield these downloads are massive every time.

Didn’t know you could get up to 10 games on it that’s no bad in fairness, it’s the fomo that kills you though.
I've just checked and I actually have 20 games installed. A fair few of them are indie games but still, if you can only fit two COD games on it something seems off.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Activision have warned today that standard PS4's may not be able to fit CoD, so they are stupidly big games...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...warzone-black-ops-cold-war-and-modern-warfare
This part wound me up. I fecking hate that I have to do this when I have to download a relatively small update.

When I started the download on my PS5 this morning, I was warned over 100GB of clear space was required before I could start the 17GB update, forcing me to delete games installed on my hard-drive.