Gaming PlayStation 5

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I see the release of a digital version as a sign that Sony see a future digital distribution only. If PS6 has a disc drive, I'll be a bit surprised.

Smores

I don't mind the look of it but will definitely try get a black one. They've already shown a black controller haven't they? So I'd assume the actual unit will come in black

United Hobbit

Horizon looks great, I bought the first one for my boyfriend as while I do the odd dabble into games he's the gamer. Horizon was so pretty I ended up playing a fair chunk of it my initial role was purely to do the tutorial but I liked it so much I wanted my own save slot :lol: I only stopped because I got stuck on a bit and gave up!

Was hoping to see a God of War I really enjoyed watching him play that one was the graphics were so good

Any ideas what the price/release date will be? I'm guessing around £500? The design looks like something from the future

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Good showing I thought. Horizon looks awesome and was the game of the show for me. Can't wait for RE 8 also. Some other games that looked cool. All in all a very good show.

I actually like the design. Quite a drastic look and I'm all for it. Be interested to see how much cheaper the digital console will be. It would have to be significantly cheaper for me to opt for that one mind.

Edit: Oh, and that Housemarque game looks great. I'm a big fan of that studio.
Am sure the digital version will be more expensive - I reckon that will have a 2TB HDD vs 1TB (or 825GB) for the disc version.

paulscholes18

Cheers, I wonder if there will be a price difference?
Would have thought it would be a little bit cheaper as you won’t be able to play blue ray DVD’s on it. I would have an (un)educated guess at it being £50 cheaper. But I have no idea what the point is if it isn’t cheaper

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Looks awesome to me, what did people want it to look like? It certainly blows the Xbox away which is literally just a box.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Would have thought it would be a little bit cheaper as you won’t be able to play blue ray DVD’s on it. I would have an (un)educated guess at it being £50 cheaper. But I have no idea what the point is if it isn’t cheaper
I think more expensive - for the person who goes digital only on games am sure they are streaming vs buying discs for movies. So storage size is what you are paying for.

Castia

The more I see it the worse it looks.

fecking ugly as shit isn’t it.

RedDevilRoshi

So the games that got announced during that event:

SPIDER-MAN
GRAN TURISMO
RATCHET & CLANK
PROJECT ATHIA
STRAY
RETURNAL
SACKBOY
DESTRUCTION ALLSTARS
KENA
GOODBYE VOLCANO HIGH
ODDWORLD SOULSTORM
GHOSTWIRE TOKYO
JETT
GODFALL
SOLAR ASH
HITMAN III
ASTRO’S PLAYROOM
LITTLE DEVIL INSIDE
NBA 2K21
BUGSNAX
DEMON’S SOUL
DEATHLOOP
RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE
PRAGMATA
HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I literally don’t give a shit how much they charge for it, it looks amazing and I’m definitely going to buy it a couple of years after launch.

Castia

same, looks like something razor or some alienware cretins would come up with
Looks very cheap, it’s like one of those dodgy fan made mockups you see.

Hopefully it’s one of those items that look better in real life.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Looks awesome to me, what did people want it to look like? It certainly blows the Xbox away which is literally just a box.
Good laying down for one.
It's perfectly fine standing up, but laying down it looks terribad.
Just glad I can fit it standing under my tv.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Not a fan of it myself, why not keep it simple.
I wonder if this thing needs a hell of a lot of ventilation and this was their best option without making it look like the cheese grater.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wasn’t that impressed with the graphics on show tbh compared to that Unreal Engine taster shown a few weeks back.

Am predicting bigger and better things to be shown in lead up to release and a black version also.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm guessing it's so expensive with that SSD that they're bringing out the Digital Edition to cut cost as much as possible. They can probably subsidise that more the thinking being they'll make more profit on digital games.

Plus it doesnt have a disc drive