Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Have you played through Batman?

Some of that is jaw dropping.
Nah, i never had that. I know it's supposed to be good - one of the best experiences you can have with PSVR by all accounts. I would like to play that actually. Might be one i'll buy

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
You definitely want to try RE7, and Farpoint. I swear by Sparc but not many seem to know what it is. You'll be able to pick up a lot of stuff cheap so that break you took could work out nicely for you.
Yeah, RE7 would be one i would love to give a go. Huge Resident Evil fan

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Nah, i never had that. I know it's supposed to be good - one of the best experiences you can have with PSVR by all accounts. I would like to play that actually. Might be one i'll buy
I picked it up for under a tenner in the store this weekend. Played through it all but not started looking for the hidden stuff yet.

I won't spoil it but the beginning and the end are mindblowing. I was ducking, leaning to see what was going on it was incredible.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There should really be a list in the OP with the best games etc...

SteveTheRed

I find it really annoying that none of my friends or neighbours own VR! :lol: It sounds amazing but I just want to try the damn thing, I need to find some shops that have it set up to test.

Adebesi

What do you think?
Got it this morning, took the day off to play with it but ended up having to do various other things as well so haven't played for that long. Got kicked off by the kids when they got home from school.

Haven't figured out the wand thingies at all. Playing Skyrim but couldn't work out how to pick anything up.

But yeah, seems like it'll be amazing when I figure out what I'm doing.

afrocentricity

Got it this morning, took the day off to play with it but ended up having to do various other things as well so haven't played for that long. Got kicked off by the kids when they got home from school.

Haven't figured out the wand thingies at all. Playing Skyrim but couldn't work out how to pick anything up.

But yeah, seems like it'll be amazing when I figure out what I'm doing.
If you get stuck ask in here. One of us should be able to help, be careful with that Skyrim direct movement tho. If you're not ready you'll be fecked for the day... off that sickness.

Adebesi

Tried to play Resident Evil last night. Felt nauseous after 10 mins, tried to push through that but then after 20 or so started feeling a bit dizzy. So stopped. Will try and build up my tolerance, hopefully I can overcome it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Tried to play Resident Evil last night. Felt nauseous after 10 mins, tried to push through that but then after 20 or so started feeling a bit dizzy. So stopped. Will try and build up my tolerance, hopefully I can overcome it.
Have you been through the settings and sorted the eye positions out?

Also, RE7 actually allows a small amount of room space since you use the dual shock, try standing up and physically turning your head and body to move around, that will definitely help. You shouldn't push through either as that's the worst thing you can do to get used to it, just take a break. Think of it like training your brain to accept what's happening, if something makes you feel sick then do it in smaller doses to build up.

Adebesi

Have you been through the settings and sorted the eye positions out?

Also, RE7 actually allows a small amount of room space since you use the dual shock, try standing up and physically turning your head and body to move around, that will definitely help. You shouldn't push through either as that's the worst thing you can do to get used to it, just take a break. Think of it like training your brain to accept what's happening, if something makes you feel sick then do it in smaller doses to build up.
OK yeah I was sitting down and that did feel like it could be contributing to it as I had to sit so far forward in order to have the full field of vision.

I was wondering whether to stick to Skyrim for a while, maybe thatll acclimatise me to VR and Ill be better equipped to handle RE7 later. But then Skyrim didnt make me feel sick at all - seems those wand things and the teleportation movement works quite well. So Ill probably do like you said, just play RE7 in little bursts and build up that way.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Played through Batman again last night. I don't think I am ever going to get bored of repeating this.

Redlambs

OK yeah I was sitting down and that did feel like it could be contributing to it as I had to sit so far forward in order to have the full field of vision.

I was wondering whether to stick to Skyrim for a while, maybe thatll acclimatise me to VR and Ill be better equipped to handle RE7 later. But then Skyrim didnt make me feel sick at all - seems those wand things and the teleportation movement works quite well. So Ill probably do like you said, just play RE7 in little bursts and build up that way.
Oh and no I didnt touch the settings. By the time I stopped I just wanted to take the headset off to be honest, all I wanted was to retreat to Spectacle Island and do some decorating.
Definitely stand up, I do in Skyrim too. Basically any game that requires you to move the right stick to turn is going to give you motion sickness eventually, so it's best to stand up and turn yourself if you are playing dual shock. In fact, RE7 and Skyrim and all those more action games are better standing anyway, it gives you such a sense of immersion over sitting down. Plus Skyrim currently only uses step turning with the moves, which helps.

Definitely go to the PS4 options and calibrate it to your eyes though too, it seems such a small thing but it really does help.

afrocentricity

Doom VFW is sooo good with AIM controller, just remove the baby arm please ID.

Adebesi

Definitely stand up, I do in Skyrim too. Basically any game that requires you to move the right stick to turn is going to give you motion sickness eventually, so it's best to stand up and turn yourself if you are playing dual shock. In fact, RE7 and Skyrim and all those more action games are better standing anyway, it gives you such a sense of immersion over sitting down. Plus Skyrim currently only uses step turning with the moves, which helps.

Definitely go to the PS4 options and calibrate it to your eyes though too, it seems such a small thing but it really does help.
Thanks mate. Ill try it out tonight and let you know how I get on.

afrocentricity

RE7 is one of the best PSVR games that have full 360 tracking with movement. Better played standing and physically turning and moving imo.

Definitely a must buy already having an AIM controller yes?
Yes.

afrocentricity

Any game that uses a DS is capable of that. It's only the moves/aim that won't properly.
Yes I know, it's the tracking tech. It's one of the few games I play thats DS4 only and free locomotion. I tend to prefer motion controllers but full 360 tracking (headset and untracked DS4) works real good too. Occlusion not a problem for PCVR users I know...

Redlambs

Yes I know, it's the tracking tech. It's one of the few games I play thats DS4 only and free locomotion. I tend to prefer motion controllers but full 360 tracking (headset and untracked DS4) works real good too. Occlusion not a problem for PCVR users I know...
Which is why the moves get slagged off a bit, especially from me when they were announced (as they still look like dildos with ping pong balls glued on to me). The tech was never that great, they should have made better ones for the VR instead of just sticking to the old ones and putting the price right up again.

I'm so tempted still to get a PCVR set up, especially as the price has dropped heavily, but it needs the big games to come. I do still have those PS3 cameras I ordered though, I should really do the PSVR set up on it at some point.

afrocentricity

I'm waiting for PSVR2. I just love the plug and play and support. If tracking isnt PC standard when it comes I'll jump on PCVR gen 2. Even then I might still get PSVR2 depending on software.

I should really do the PSVR set up on it at some point.
Let me kno how that goes....

afrocentricity

Firewall Zero Hero.
Wipeout.
Rick and Morty.
Dreams.
Accounting.
Etc...

:drool:

Donut

I've only tried out the cinema mode recently and it's quite great actually. With Netflix it feels almost like your own private cinema.

Donut

Yeah tbf that is pretty awesome. It's such a shame the screens are so low res though, but it still is like your own cinema :)
I've only really tried Netflix (on UHD) for now and that's very good imo. Some screendoor (?) effect is visible but it's not too bad. It is a completely solo experience (like all VR I suppose) but you get much more into it because it's so up close (and because you can't check the phone every few minutes :wenger:). I think I'll be using it quite a bit.

Adebesi

If I could turn back time Im not sure I would bother buying PSVR. After being initially very impressed with it, I just never feel particularly inclined to play it.

I played through the Batman game which was very good. And then I finished it. And I know people said it had replay value but I just dont feel particularly drawn to do it again - as fun as it was.

Im going to make myself try to get into Resident Evil again because it seemed good, but somehow when the time comes to turn the PS4 on I just feel more inclined to play something non-VR - at the moment Horizon Zero Dawn. I just like the traditional model of sitting down and holding a controller and moving things around on a screen and also being aware of your surroundings. The idea of being immersed in the game sounds fun but when it comes to it having to stand up to stop myself feeling sick, and having to constantly move around and worry about crashing into things in the living room, just feels like a bit of a pain in the arse. I think im just too lazy.

I dont want to give up on it yet, as I said Ill try again. At some point. Though for now HZD is all I want to do.

Redlambs

If I could turn back time Im not sure I would bother buying PSVR. After being initially very impressed with it, I just never feel particularly inclined to play it.

I played through the Batman game which was very good. And then I finished it. And I know people said it had replay value but I just dont feel particularly drawn to do it again - as fun as it was.

Im going to make myself try to get into Resident Evil again because it seemed good, but somehow when the time comes to turn the PS4 on I just feel more inclined to play something non-VR - at the moment Horizon Zero Dawn. I just like the traditional model of sitting down and holding a controller and moving things around on a screen and also being aware of your surroundings. The idea of being immersed in the game sounds fun but when it comes to it having to stand up to stop myself feeling sick, and having to constantly move around and worry about crashing into things in the living room, just feels like a bit of a pain in the arse. I think im just too lazy.

I dont want to give up on it yet, as I said Ill try again. At some point. Though for now HZD is all I want to do.
You don't HAVE to stand up in any game, bar maybe Superhot. The whole thing is designed for people to sit down as the default.

Adebesi

You don't HAVE to stand up in any game, bar maybe Superhot. The whole thing is designed for people to sit down as the default.
No I know but I played Resident Evil for 20 minutes - sitting down - and felt like I was going to throw up.

Skyrim was no problem sitting down. But in that instance I just didnt really see the point, having only got round to playing it the old way about 6-8 months ago. I know you feel differently but I just dont feel VR adds enough to the experience to compel me to go through it all again.

Adebesi

Its taken me a while to admit this to myself. I really dont want to feel Ive wasted hundreds of pounds splashing out on something that sits there largely unused. I desperately want to love it. So Ill keep trying.

Redlambs

No I know but I played Resident Evil for 20 minutes - sitting down - and felt like I was going to throw up.

Skyrim was no problem sitting down. But in that instance I just didnt really see the point, having only got round to playing it the old way about 6-8 months ago. I know you feel differently but I just dont feel VR adds enough to the experience to compel me to go through it all again.
That's understandable, a lot of people get motion sickness and it sucks. However, Skyrim being different to Resident Evil sitting down shouldn't really make sense, have you matched the settings like turning? Have you tried other games, like Until Dawn?

Skyrim isn't going to be great either if you played it that recently. It's very impressive and VR does give it a new dimension, but that's waaaay too close to try again!

Hopefully you find a few things that spark for you mate. Unfortunately, like the 3DS, it's just not for everyone :(

Adebesi

@Redlambs I actually have Until Dawn but haven't played it yet. Got too many new things for Christmas.

And no, I haven't tried fiddling with the settings either, which you've already advised me to do. I will do that before I try RE again.

afrocentricity

Just a heads up. Wipeout omega collection now has VR support, and its glorious.

Smores

That does look awesome but if anything is gonna give you motion sickness its that :lol:

What's the consensus these days? Worth the money yet?