Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That does look awesome but if anything is gonna give you motion sickness its that :lol:

What's the consensus these days? Worth the money yet?
Interestingly, its not as bad as you'd think it would be. I'm okay with it and most are saying they have been fine. Dunno what wizardry they've done but it seems like the made it quite manageable wrt VR sickness.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The first person mode in the original wipeout on PS1 used to make me feel motion sickness. And that was on an old 14 inch tube portable TV.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That does look awesome but if anything is gonna give you motion sickness its that :lol:

What's the consensus these days? Worth the money yet?
Drop on price for VR starter pack starting tomorrow, quite a drop too! Might have a dabble, Res evil looks good ! Wipeout, and I seen some new game coming soon which looked cushty!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

This. Sure it said it's coming for ps be somewhere!

Also the way she does it looks cool, the way i would do it would not look so cool

afrocentricity

Seriously wipeout is possibly my favorite game out on this right now. I fcukin love it :drool:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

This. Sure it said it's coming for ps be somewhere!

Also the way she does it looks cool, the way i would do it would not look so cool
So the company my friend works for got the beta for this early, and I've been playing it all morning. It's ridiculously fun

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So the company my friend works for got the beta for this early, and I've been playing it all morning. It's ridiculously fun
I think I'm gonna have to get VR, not many good looking games for it but probably enough to make it worthwhile now.

afrocentricity

I think I'm gonna have to get VR, not many good looking games for it but probably enough to make it worthwhile now.
Once you get past games looking a generation (or two for some) behind, you'll be fine. Some games look great tho.

afrocentricity

Not sure, beat sabre looks fun, Res evil looks good in be, as does wipeout .. Im not sure which type of game I would prefer on vr
Ok well when you decide to get one bump this thread and I'll put in some recommendations.

afrocentricity

I was going to start a thread about this, but I don't think many of us own a VR?

It's freaking awesome so far and I've only just dabbled in the training.
Yup just started delving into the 4 Vs 4. Had a last man win in attack and one in defence. :cool:

I'm not the best when it comes to CoD and Battlefield but this feels a little bit more open right now. Fecking great fun!

Ah didn't realise it had just been released. Let me know how it plays and I might pick it up next payday.
Gunplay is great, Netcode is quite good with a little room for improvement, but good enough. Progression is there. It's quite barebones wrt game modes but more are promised and the foundation is great.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yup just started delving into the 4 Vs 4. Had a last man win in attack and one in defence. :cool:

I'm not the best when it comes to CoD and Battlefield but this feels a little bit more open right now. Fecking great fun!

Gunplay is great, Netcode is quite good with a little room for improvement, but good enough. Progression is there. It's quite barebones wrt game modes but more are promised and the foundation is great.
I'm not going to be on as much as I like, but I'm down for some games with you and @esmufc07 anytime dude. I haven't played the main game yet, but I reckon watching some streams we've got this ;)

afrocentricity

I'm not going to be on as much as I like, but I'm down for some games with you and @esmufc07 anytime dude. I haven't played the main game yet, but I reckon watching some streams we've got this ;)
Yea I'm down. Add me or shout me on here when you're up for it.

starman

Was worried about the quality of this was just generally bad, but having got my replacement have to say its actually pretty decent, lens in my original must have been faulty. Actually mostly watching 2D content at the moment, still getting used to the motion of 360 VR.

What i am having trouble with though in 2D is when you change screen size. I would have thought the "small screen" would produce the highest quality picture as its furthest away from your eyes, but with the "large screen" the text look most crisp and movies look more detailed (better than medium as well), however it just too big, you need to move your head to see the full scope of the screen(like sitting on the front rows of a cinema. It would be good if you can adjust the size manually so it fits perfectly in your vision.

Gonna try and hooking it up to the xb1 and play a 4k disc and see what it looks like....

Last edited:

starman

Just tried my 4k fire TV (always use it ahead of ps4 or xbox for streaming, video processing sees higher) .

Menus and videos PSVR generally look bmore crisp than that on the PS4. The option to play 4k was there, however never displayed. Guessing a 4k disc through the xbox wont play..? and presume downscaling is only supported for games

afrocentricity

Just checked and my PSN is indeed Redlambs, so add me whenever and I should be about if not tonight definitely tomorrow during the day (a rare day off for me!) and you can give me some nice carries ;)
Ok mate will add you shortly. Doubt I'll be much better than you tho :lol:

afrocentricity

Haven't been on the last couple days but yup, it's my most played VR game atm.