PMs/conversations

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Getting the "oops ran into a problem" message when I try to start a new conversation.

Firefox and Chrome - same thing.

UPDATED:

Clicking on the conversation icon, the "oops" message appears when trying to select members/recipients.

However, when clicking on a member's name and choosing the "start conversation" option, everything works fine.

Seems like several people have this issue. No big deal, as you can easily bypass the problem - but still.

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Just hit the "Oops" problem while trying to send a reply. I opened the Café on another tab and copy/pasted my reply into the conversation in that one and it worked ok.

I also got a pop up message when I opened the new tab of "the active user has changed" - I didn't actually do anything to fix it, it just went away when I refreshed the page. In between things I'd taken a look at: https://www.redcafe.net/help/rules-violations/ which always shows me as logged out, which is probably why that active user message appeared. Whether that's related to the oops error I don't know, I just thought I'd mention it in case it might be :confused:

Incidentally, I got a "Oops! We ran into some problems." when I tried to put that smiley in here the first time (maybe because I went out to another tab to get that rules page URL?). I had to refresh the page to get to the smilies.

Last edited: