Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

Eddy_JukeZ

He might get sacked in his 1st season. His last season at PSG was a disaster. This man completely mismanaged Neymar/Messi and both proceeded to have the worst season of their careers since entering their best years.

Don't think their team is that great.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Their squad is so bloated and full of players on massive long term contract and fat wages, he already has his work cut out to select 18 or so squad members who fit into his vision.

I expect them to push for Top 4 once he figures it out though.

adkb

If that idiot owner stays the hell away from management, I am pretty sure Poch will do a splendid job. I do not think they will expect him to win the league or anything for that matter of fact. He will have an easy schedule, no mid week games and plenty of time to sort the issues out.

As long as they are in the top 6 of the league, he will be safe.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
His biggest job is to cut some big names. But i doubt he has it in him. If he can't be ruthless and tell boehly it's his way or the highway he'll bound to sink

If he dont really care about names and prices and only pick the best players to do the job Chelsea are still easily top 4 material

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
His biggest issues are getting us scoring goals and with the owners clearing the squad out.

Thiagoal

They’ve bought a lot of young players for massive fees that are far from guaranteed to be good enough in the EPL. Their experienced players are on a steep decline. Make no bones about it, Poch has got his work cut out

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Still an excellent manager, but failing here will be his end at the elite club level.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think Chelsea will do much better next season with Poch in charge.

No doubt they will go for Kane now.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Really could go either way and depends on whether he is given proper control and autonomy by the owner, and whether he has the respect of the squad. Would have been vastly preferable for him to be able to bring his own players in rather than having an existing bloated squad of big wages and big egos, but maybe the players are young and hungry enough to buy into his vision.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Only way is up, not much he needs to do to work an improvement there.

Its funny how quickly theyve dropped back to pre Abromovich levels. With the likes of Brighton and Newcastle now sniffing around Europe it's going to be a big ask to break into the top 6. Do the owners accept that or do they think theyve bought a title contender? I can't see him making it much beyond Christmas.

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
He might get sacked in his 1st season. His last season at PSG was a disaster. This man completely mismanaged Neymar/Messi and both proceeded to have the worst season of their careers since entering their best years.

Don't think their team is that great.
Sensationalism at its best.
1) He didn’t fail in his last season with PSG won cup and French league. Lost to eventual winners because of GK error after out playing Real Madrid both legs.
2)Even Pep would mismanage current Messi and Neymar. In short Pep will send both Messi and Neymar to gulag with serious talk to Mbappe to step up.
3) He will surprise a lot of people.
4)Chelsea team is a diamond in the rough, any coach that manages to harness its potential will be scary.

tomaldinho1

Sensationalism at its best.
1) He didn’t fail in his last season with PSG won cup and French league. Lost to eventual winners because of GK error after out playing Real Madrid both legs.
2)Even Pep would mismanage current Messi and Neymar. In short Pep will send both Messi and Neymar to gulag with serious talk to Mbappe to step up.
3) He will surprise a lot of people.
4)Chelsea team is a diamond in the rough, any coach that manages to harness its potential will be scary.
The caf in particular has a large portion who hate him for being linked with the United job when Ole was struggling and would bump the old PSG thread after any draw or loss. Poch has had a good career, he's not in the top bracket but he's young enough to get there, feel like this Chelsea team might suit him well - lots of fast and technical young players, he just needs to ditch some of their older expensive guys. Be intriguing to see how he does.

Robbie Boy

The caf in particular has a large portion who hate him for being linked with the United job when Ole was struggling and would bump the old PSG thread after any draw or loss. Poch has had a good career, he's not in the top bracket but he's young enough to get there, feel like this Chelsea team might suit him well - lots of fast and technical young players, he just needs to ditch some of their older expensive guys. Be intriguing to see how he does.
Fun times :lol:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
You can't help but feel that this ends with his tediously inevitable sacking partway through next season when he doesn't get instant success with this badly constructed collection of expensive players.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Watch pochettino turn Chelsea into winning machines next season and all his fans on here saying I knew we should have got him. :lol:

Castia

Always been a Poch fan and think he will do a good job at Chelsea

His biggest job is getting players out of the club the squad is far too bloated

Chelsea with no European football so they can just focus on the league will be a different club under Poch next season

Baxquux

If they: (a) can get rid of at least 10 players early on; (b) gamble on the right up and coming striker (guessing Broja isn't suddenly going to turn into Kane mk 2, though he might end up being effective bench option) and (c) Boehly and the rest of that exec/ownership team stop meddling, i think they'll be OK for CL...

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Their squad is so bloated and full of players on massive long term contract and fat wages, he already has his work cut out to select 18 or so squad members who fit into his vision.
Full of players on long term contracts is a bit of a stretch.

Kante, Felix, Zakaria currently expiring in a matter of weeks -> Kante is the only who has a chance of staying but right now even that's not a certainty.

Silva, Azpi, Kovacic, RLC, Mount, Pulisic, Aubameyang all have just a year left -> of these 7 players I wouldn't expect more than three to stay and there's already plenty of interest in some of them from potential buyers.

Kepa, Mendy, Hall, Gallagher, Havertz, Ziyech expiring in two years -> would think at least 2-3 of these players will leave. Ziyech is 100% a goner, Gallagher leaving is a very real possibility, Hall will probably go on loan for regular minutes and I would expect at least one of the goalies to leave as well.

That list already makes it 16 players who have 0-2 years left on their deals. One way or another it's more than likely we'll be without at least 10 of them going into next season which already trims down the squad massively.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
His biggest job is to cut some big names. But i doubt he has it in him. If he can't be ruthless and tell boehly it's his way or the highway he'll bound to sink

If he dont really care about names and prices and only pick the best players to do the job Chelsea are still easily top 4 material
I don't see how they are "easily" top 4 material. Their best players were playing and they still couldn't get anything done. Sure Lampard sucks and Nkunku and Ugarte might provide a nice boost to the team but top 4 will be a tough task, let alone "easily" achieving it. Their defense is dodgy as feck and they heavily lack goalscoring ability.

Also Poch couldn't even let that PSG side shine so I'm very hesitant to believe he'll be Chelsea's savior.

Ronaldinho's snakebite

I expect them to push for Top 4 once he figures it out though.
Those young players signed to long term contract are not on massive wages. It's been reported that they have cut their wage bills to £70,000