Pochettino | Leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Random question, how were Chelsea allowed to wear the same colour shorts and socks as Everton? Surely there's some rule against that?
They were wearing mint green shorts and socks, didn't look obvious on TV, but close up they were completely different.

MegadrivePerson

He's got the easiest festive fixtures I've ever seen in my life coming up too. A couple of losses in them and he's surely toast with the new spending funds in January.
I can't see them beating Wolves away on Christmas Eve. Wolves are good at home and have beaten City and Spurs already this season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah. Said it before the season began that Chelsea needs a "clutch" player, or creative one. Nkuku might be the one but who knows. Sterling has been commendable but he needs help also.

Also said that Chelsea could do worse than buying Maguire last summer. And at a very discounted price, too.
I'm sure Maguire wouldn't be as resistant on jumping ship to high profile club like Chelsea, either.
Hopefully Nkunku is that guy. He was the marquee addition over the summer. Getting injured in the final preseason game and then he's out for 6 months was such a punch in the gut. He's back soon so hopefully he can spark some kind of post Christmas resurgence.

We have needed Maguire. CB is one of our deepest positions. We have at least 4 CBs, potentially 5, if everyone's fit, that I'd take over Maguire. If he's the answer, we're asking the wrong questions.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Hopefully Nkunku is that guy. He was the marquee addition over the summer. Getting injured in the final preseason game and then he's out for 6 months was such a punch in the gut. He's back soon so hopefully he can spark some kind of post Christmas resurgence.

We have needed Maguire. CB is one of our deepest positions. We have at least 4 CBs, potentially 5, if everyone's fit, that I'd take over Maguire. If he's the answer, we're asking the wrong questions.
From the little I've seen, your CBs are not performing and Maguire is having a great season. I know it's fun to take the piss but he'd likely improve you lot. Then again, there are dozens of players right now that would improve you.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
From the little I've seen, your CBs are not performing and Maguire is having a great season. I know it's fun to take the piss but he'd likely improve you lot. Then again, there are dozens of players right now that would improve you.
I honestly wasn’t trying to take the piss. It’s a genuinely held view. Thiago Silva is the only poorly performing CB this season, and that’s only been the last 8-10 games or so. I don’t think Maguire improves us at all, but even if he did, it still wouldn’t be enough to say we should have signed him, which is what was being suggested.

Last edited:

Jeffthered

He needs to get stuck into some of those players. He's bought loads of them, spent bucket-loads and now states that they may need more???

It's a joke. Football is becoming a joke.

ti vu

He needs to get stuck into some of those players. He's bought loads of them, spent bucket-loads and now states that they may need more???

It's a joke. Football is becoming a joke.
Not sure if serious. It's safe to say at Chelsea, Poch, Tuchel, Potter didn't have much say if even at all for the club transfer policy, let alone picking transfer target, transfer priorities. Bought a lot but still lacking where it matters.

As bad as our own squad building is, the situation at Chelsea is as bad for any managers.

Lee565

I hope he doesn't get the sack any time soo as I fear the numptys in charge of us would end up hiring him if they sack eth.

Tyrion

The ex players we do have on Sky are usually just trying their best to be as nice as possible to Chelsea. We don’t have many as it is, but the ones we do have never really stick the boot in. I have never seen JFH be scathing in his criticism for example. Leboeuf can sometimes be brutal in his criticism but he's on ESPN and his views very rarely seen or discussed by UK fans, and to be fair a lot of them probably too young to know who he even is.

In alternative media though, he’s what Mikel said on his podcast.

Okay now I want Mikel to be on sky. :lol:
I really should just assume that every ex player has a podcast until its proven otherwise.

MegadrivePerson

Rumours that they are going to cash in on Connor Gallagher in January for around £30 million.

Seems like an odd move when he's played virtually every game and even captained the side this year!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Rumours that they are going to cash in on Connor Gallagher in January for around £30 million.

Seems like an odd move when he's played virtually every game and even captained the side this year!
I guess that they're banking on our injured players being back and staying fit which (given our record of keeping players fit) seems insane.

Champ

Thought there were rumors in the summer he was going for £40 plus million?!?

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Thought there were rumors in the summer he was going for £40 plus million?!?
Contract runs out in 2025, so the price will have to go down if nobody is willing to pay 40m. They have this obession with selling homegrown players as the full transfer fee is taken into account in FFP calculations. This will enable them to buy 5 more brazilian wonderkids and possibly Osimhen on a 25 year contract.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Contract runs out in 2025, so the price will have to go down if nobody is willing to pay 40m. They have this obession with selling homegrown players as the full transfer fee is taken into account in FFP calculations. This will enable them to buy 5 more brazilian wonderkids and possibly Osimhen on a 25 year contract.
They turned down a couple of offers last January, from Everton and I believe the second team was Newcastle, both in the £30-40m region. We rejected £42m bid from West Ham last summer, and then supposedly tried to offload him to Tottenham on deadline day but he refused to leave. I love the lad and he has been one of the best players on the team this season but it seems inevitable that the owners will try to flog him again. It's exactly as you said. They seem to have an obsession chasing the pure profit sales by selling Cobham lads in order to sign yet more Brazilian teenagers.

Last edited:

Champ

:lol:
The funny thing is this all sounds like it could happen.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The fact he's got people unironically thinking Enzo, Caicedo and Colwill are crap is bordering on Lampard's tactics duping the world into thinking Rudiger and Christensen were duds.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
The fact he's got people unironically thinking Enzo, Caicedo and Colwill are crap is bordering on Lampard's tactics duping the world into thinking Rudiger and Christensen were duds.
Well said. Colwill playing most of his games as a left-back is fecking criminal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What is he even saying here?
I'm glad that you asked, it makes no sense. Surely he understands why a player may be disappointed if he doesn't play or perform well?

But the funny thing for me is that it seems that he tries to use the club and coaches expectations as an argument against players mood. Surely the man who was complaining about PSG fans and media expectations wouldn't do that? Especially since he was well paid.

duffer

Scout
It’s nothing to do with that. It tends to be a story even someone is taking a dump on the toilet. Just biased coverage in some cases. Waiting for comments from Souness and Talksport on this.
Try not to give a single shit about what Souness says about anything and also stop listening to Talksport. You will be a happier person.

Phil Osophy

He says there's some players there who only care about themselves and not much about the team winning games.

I like his message and what he stands for, but I don't know what he expected when he signed for a club like Chelsea with a total amateur in Boehly signing a lot of players with expectations to play.

Squads can be built in a more cohesive manner, with certain element of competition among the squad but having a number of players who can accept a secondary role, favouring a sense of harmony and that "balance" Pochettino is asking for.

The approach from the new owners was a joke from the beginning, like a teenager randomly signing players with good stats in a videogame. And after the money spent not only the dressing room seems to be a noisy chicken coop but you can't even spot real quality in the side.

Even then they should be doing better than 10th so I can see Pochettino trying to deflect a bit of the pressure/blame there. I've said for many years that I don't see him as a 'top club' manager, but the Chelsea job is just a trap for anyone going there at the minute.

You have the pressure and the expectations after the money spent, but the tools and the environement are clearly flawed after a terrible planning. And the problem is that the source of the problems will remain there pressing the wrong buttons more often than not when it comes to take key decisions because they're clearly lost in football. I think I've seen a similar film before.

Walters_19_MuFc

It's his first season but he has to be doing much better than he currently is.

Interested to hear whether Chelsea fans want him out?

duffer

Scout
It's his first season but he has to be doing much better than he currently is.

Interested to hear whether Chelsea fans want him out?
Speaking for my people, nah.

It not too dissimilar to Ten Hag at Man United, so much chaos behind the scenes and so many injuries that we could have prime Sir Alex in charge and we'd not be much better.

Jezpeza

Been very videogame how they’ve signed many ‘high potential’ players but a lot of these transfers will turn out to be misses - how many of them will actually become world class and how many will be Antony Martials? Is the environment there for them to develop when they all have the pressure of starting every week whilst the squad has been gutted of experience, especially in terms of premier league experience.

I questioned this here in the summer and was told by a Chelsea fan Pochettino was in on all this planning, was selling what he didn't want and was building a squad to be a roaring success - what happened?