Pogba's social media post was a scheduled event - Neville and .Rossi take note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhters

Well now his nemesis has gone, the shackles are off he's free to move around the pitch to show what he can really do, time to pull his socks up and put a shift in.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The media is fecking milking this as well, knowing there's plenty of idiots to lap it up. On ITV News they just said 'Pogba posted this with a knowing expression before later deleting it'. Twats.

The BlackGaijin

I'm astounded you led with racism as the lead reason people didn't like or rate Pogba. You didn't even consider the option that some people don't think he's as good as you might think he is.

There's racism in football by a minority, so if a large portion of neutrals or club fans don't take to Pogba they must be racist? What the feck?
Did I say any of what you claim? Why are you so defensive? I listed a number of reasons why people might be unfairly hateful towards Pogba. I did not choose one reason as the main one. I did not claim that a majority who criticize Pogba are racist either. You literally just made that up.So, yeah... What the feck?

Ady87

If it was a scheduled post, are we saying it was technically posted days ago with a scheduled start time, or scheduled in so much as the content was delivered to the Social Media team and they manually posted across all platforms at that pre-determined time? My issue is that if it's the latter then the awareness levels are non-existent with his/our social media team and they should be dropped if they aren't on the ball with events at the club. Even if it's the former, I'd expect someone sat in the office will have been aware this was due to go out and stop it happening.

I think it's more than likely been very poor judgement and Adidas et al have shat themselves and scrambled to resolve.

GM K

But Jose is gone. I thought the caf will now calm down and be peaceful.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Give him back the armband now. Whatever we build from here our should be built around him. Top, top player, and only one seemingly comfortable on the ball against all opposition.

Robbie Boy

Aye, there was a post in the other thread, either last night, or Sunday night basically stating that "these players are terrible, they've now failed 3 managers"...(something along those lines)....conveniently forgetting that Jose has literally signed 8-9 players.

But alas, it is done now.

Now let's hope, as you mentioned earlier, we get the manager appointment right, so that we can move in the right direction.
There has been some utter guff posted on here in the past few months with some of the 'in crowd' clutching at straws and coming out with some utterly bizarre rhetoric, all in the name of defending a hugely underperforming manager who was actively harming the club the longer he stayed. I got heavily invested in the previous thread as I was honestly baffled by some of the stuff I was reading and the way some posters made out our team was conference standard.

Anyhow, yeah I mean we should all now be pulling in the same direction and wanting what's best for the club going forward and hopefully we can get ourselves an identity and start challenging again.

GM K

Time for Pogba to prove he's one of the best in the world.
He has already proven it. Even Jose called him the best midfielder in the world. His problem is discipline and consistency. That's what he needs to fix. I hope he will do that while with us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did I say any of what you claim? Why are you so defensive? I listed a number of reasons why people might be unfairly hateful towards Pogba. I did not choose one reason as the main one. I did not claim that a majority who criticize Pogba are racist either. You literally just made that up.So, yeah... What the feck?
I didn't make anything up. You said you can't understand why some fans don't take to him and listed Racism and stupidity as two out of your 3 potential reasons.

So yeah, offensive and inaccurate. You can't just draw a racism card for the sake of it. I don't rate Pogba and I think he's an attention seeker - you can respect my opinion and disagree but don't go out with arbitrary accusations to anyone not on the same wavelength as you.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Oh the double-standards among the 'in crowd' was absolutely hilarious. On the one hand, they acted like anyone who wanted a massively underperforming manager out was frothing at the mouth and seething with rage. On the other, it was fair game for them to slate half the squad and absolutely annihilate Pogba and Martial just because, well the manager didn't fancy them.

Some of the 'in crowd' should be downright embarrassed with their behaviour on here over the past 8/9 months, especially. All this holier-than-thou condescending bollox and basically making out they were right and the world and their dog was wrong was pathetic behaviour. Looks like they were wrong all along as suspected although they will no doubt continue to blame absolutely everyone bar Jose who they constantly and consistently exonerate.
For all the stick I got calling them ‘Mourons’ was bang on the money.

Ban

He has already proven it. Even Jose called him the best midfielder in the world. His problem is discipline and consistency. That's what he needs to fix. I hope he will do that while with us.
Agreed.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

But of course he's an English international so he won't be criticised.

Hawks2008

People turning on Pogba for the sake of that ridiculous joke of a manager reeks of the '3 rats' shite at Chelsea.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Oh the double-standards among the 'in crowd' was absolutely hilarious. On the one hand, they acted like anyone who wanted a massively underperforming manager out was frothing at the mouth and seething with rage. On the other, it was fair game for them to slate half the squad and absolutely annihilate Pogba and Martial just because, well the manager didn't fancy them.

Some of the 'in crowd' should be downright embarrassed with their behaviour on here over the past 8/9 months, especially. All this holier-than-thou condescending bollox and basically making out they were right and the world and their dog was wrong was pathetic behaviour. Looks like they were wrong all along as suspected although they will no doubt continue to blame absolutely everyone bar Jose who they constantly and consistently exonerate.
Many mistook calling out underperforming players as being Jose in though. I remember saying Pogba was inconsistent and someone going on about me loving Jose, when I've been wanting him out since the CL exit.

Ban

Many mistook calling out underperforming players as being Jose in though. I remember saying Pogba was inconsistent and someone going on about me loving Jose, when I've been wanting him out since the CL exit.
There's a witch hunt here right now. You can't be against Jose and think Pogba should do better. Its either on or the other.

Maccataq

I have to say I lost a bit of respect for Gary Neville with his response. Regardless of who was responsible for the post, it doesn't help but clearly it was a scheduled tweet. You only have to search for "Here to create" to see that - plus it is a professional photo shoot, not some poorly judged selfie.

We're much poorer without Pogba and people quickly forget that. He never hides, always trying to make things happen but his form has suffered like many others. We need to start building the team around him and now Jose has gone we can forget all this nonsense and move on. If we get the right manager in and Pogba is still a problem, then it's probably time for him to move on. Having said that, no other manager has had the same level of problems with Pogba. He was very successful under Allegri and for France.

Robbie Boy

I'm specifically talking about the 5 or 6 staunch in-posters who well and truly embarrassed themselves with literally thousands of illogical bullshit posts. Of course there are some that simply don't rate players and that's absolutely fine. I really wanted us to sign Lukaku but I have posted numerous times that he's been nothing short of a joke this season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's a witch hunt here right now. You can't be against Jose and think Pogba should do better. Its either on or the other.
Disagreements are fine but it's just weird when people make stuff up about other people in a discussion directly with them, just for some kind of warped validation.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm specifically talking about the 5 or 6 staunch in-posters who well and truly embarrassed themselves with literally thousands of illogical bullshit posts. Of course there are some that simply don't rate players and that's absolutely fine. I really wanted us to sign Lukaku but I have posted numerous times that he's been nothing short of a joke this season.
Oh I'm sure there's been some loons. There's plenty of those. For what it's worth I do rate him, just not his effort. Positive outlook now though.

Smores

Give him back the armband now. Whatever we build from here our should be built around him. Top, top player, and only one seemingly comfortable on the ball against all opposition.
You must be joking.

GM K

One thing I can bet: Pogba will prove Jose RIGHT: immensely gifted but indisciplined and inconsistent. This was the crux of Jose's problem with Pogba. The next manager will quickly realise this and focus on fixing it. If he's the right hire, he will succeed at it.

Deleted member 101472

The most embarrassing thing about all this is the amount of people who thought that *if* Pogba took to social media to intentionally make fun of Mourinho.

The best he'd come up with is a picture of him smirking and a caption saying 'Caption this!'

Honestly, my 6 year old niece can rek someone better than that.
Can she do as smug a smile as that?

Reddy Rederson

Man, I thought the forum would be a positive after today's news but here we are again attacking Pogba. Unbelievable, Mourinho really did turn fans against Poga, it's so sad.
His performances of late did that, not Jose. Now jose is gone, it’s pogbas opportunity to redeem himself.

Smores

People turning on Pogba for the sake of that ridiculous joke of a manager reeks of the '3 rats' shite at Chelsea.
Does the same apply to those criticising Lukaku then? Or our defenders?

The only distinction i can see is that some rate our players differently and those who rate Pogba highly and absolve him of everything can't accept that others don't

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Performance wise Pogba should do better. There's no doubt about that. However, I reserve my judgement on him once the new manager is signed and had settled down. Its not as if Pogba was the only player who regressed under Mourinho, most of our players did. Also while Pogba had been praised by all his former managers (including Conte whose a bigger Ahole then Mourinho), this is the third consecutive dressing room that Mourinho had lost.

Raven

Really annoys me that a Chelsea fan gets it more than some United fans do.
Always bound to happen, same thing happened to a number of their fan base as regards Hazard. Plus people looove an agenda against flamboyant players and personalities.

Ban

Performance wise Pogba should do better. There's no doubt about that. However, I reserve my judgement on him once the new manager is signed and had settled down. Its not as if Pogba was the only player who regressed under Mourinho, most of our players did. Also while Pogba had been praised by all his former managers (including Conte whose a bigger Ahole then Mourinho), this is the third consecutive dressing room that Mourinho had lost.
My take on Pogba is that he has everything to be a star but sometimes he wants to do everything by himself. He can make a great move and then minutes after a horrible one cause he acts too sure of himself or over complicates things. Oh and sometimes he plays too casually for my liking. Of course some of it can be attributed to Jose but we will see. I think his head will be his undoing so to speak. Of course I hope he'll buckle up and prove he was worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.