Poll 4 Way Draft - R1: Peanuts vs General

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
22-26

vs
22-26

Team Peanuts

Classic 442 (22-26 Y/O)

Starting up front, two of the best forwards the Premier League has seen. Both Henry and Rooney won multiple titles and individual awards during their mid 20’s. Both key parts of their teams, both players were voted the best players in the league, and are United’s and Arsenal’s all-time leading scorers, respectively. Rooney would love the space afforded by the movement of Henry, and Henry would thrive on the service.

Giggs and Beckham on the wings in their pomp, multiple title winners, both here playing the style they thrived in. Giggs bombing on down the wing with pace, Beckham working hard up and down and pinging crosses and raking passes into feet for the pacy attackers.

Keane will be his usual blood and thunder, driving the team on, and complemented by Xabi Alonso being the class act he was on the ball for the exciting Liverpool team that won the Champions League.

Gary Neville slots in behind Beckham, and Robertson adds some grit and support behind Giggs. Stam and Terry partner up in front of Cech to form that no nonsense, hard bastard duo that can handle a variety of threats through pace, physicality, and their reading of the game.

Team General

Tactics
: The 4-3-3 false 9 with Cruyff overloading the midfield.

Line: Moderately high-line

At first, I want to try to do something different from here. However, from I look at P Nut's team, I think if I want to make the best decision, then I think 4-3-3 false 9 is probably the best decision that I can make here.

The key to this formation: as everyone knows, is to dominate the possession and create as much of a triangle as we can.

All of my defenders including VDS can play with the ball superbly. Both fullbacks Krol and Alberto are two of the most complete fullbacks of all time. They excel in both phases. In this game, they will bomb forward to create the combination on both sides of the wings. I expect the combination of Kempes-Krol and Rummenigge-Alberto to make both Neville and Robertson have some extra work. Both CBs Dias and Koeman have experience playing in the high-line and possession-based teams.

Cruyff dropping the midfield means that I want to create superiority in the midfield area. Kalle and Kempes are perfectly fit for Cruyff especially when he's dropping in. Kempes is a bit debatable, but from what I've studied, I still think he isn't a problem here. In terms of work-rate, all of them are great.

Our midfield will work fine as a unit. Suarez with his reputation for dribbling and playmaking. Neeskens is one of the best box-to-box midfielders, and Nestor is a great defensive midfielder with excellent leadership skills. Nestor can help my team in the build-up phase too.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Before I go to work, I want to write some details about some players.

Nestor Golcaves-

Nestor played a crucial part in Penarol's side of the 1960s. At the age of 22-26, he already won 5 league titles, 2 Copa Libertadores, and 1 Intercontinental Cup by beating Guttman's Benfica. Nestor was a defensive midfielder who was elite in both protecting the defense and in terms of distribution too. He was a great passer of any type ( short and long).

Ruben Dias

A leader of the City's backline during the recent years. Dias has already shown his qualities a lot during the past few years. He is never afraid to throw his body to defense. Dias has great ball-distribution skills and can dictate play from the back. Although he is never a flashy ball carrier, he has shown qualities in terms of ball-playing abilities. I would say two of big strengths in his game are his positional awareness and commitment.

Mario Kempes

At the age of 22-26, he already proved his worth. At the age of 24 in the world cup in 1978, he showed the world how good he was. Kempes was a hard-working forward who had a great dribbling technique, great athleticism and scored a lot of goals with his signature surging runs.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I've gone for the General although Neeskens isn't ideal in that midfield 3. He is better suited to Suarez's position here.

As for P-Nut I think he could do with a less orthodox LM to cut in a bit like Pires and link with Henry, Robertson then on the overlap would be like a young Ashley Cole.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Suarez was an attacking CM and playing on the left on his Barca's time. How is Neeskens suitable for that role? @Physiocrat

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Suarez was an attacking CM and playing on the left on his Barca's time. How is Neeskens suitable for that role? @Physiocrat
What I am saying is you need the older Suarez to play in a deeper CM role with Neeskens furthest forward of the three or replace Neeskens with a proper B2B not a mad Slippy G style CM which Neeskens is.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What I am saying is you need the older Suarez to play in a deeper CM role with Neeskens furthest forward of the three or replace Neeskens with a proper B2B not a mad Slippy G style CM which Neeskens is.
I see. Yeah, if you strictly mimicking his Ajax role.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I see. Yeah, if you strictly mimicking his Ajax role.
He was a madman. Check out the all touch comps from Sjor on him. He is constantly running at 100% and literally jumping into tackles often. He does not look positionally disciplined. Now whether he could do that is another question but it doesn't look like it IMO.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He was a madman. Check out the all touch comps from Sjor on him. He is constantly running at 100% and literally jumping into tackles often. He does not look positionally disciplined. Now whether he could do that is another question but it doesn't look like it IMO.
I don't think one of the GOAT B2B is an unrestrained madman who disregard any tactic, mate.

Enigma_87

You know who
Love the team @P-Nut - I think you really should have taken Bergkamp somehow. Lovely side!

Bergkamp would’ve sealed my vote for pnut. Was tight as it is and Rooney/ Henry was a bit off compared to Bergkamp/ Henry.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Love the team @P-Nut - I think you really should have taken Bergkamp somehow. Lovely side!

Bergkamp would’ve sealed my vote for pnut. Was tight as it is and Rooney/ Henry was a bit off compared to Bergkamp/ Henry.
It was the ages Bergkamp played for Arsenal that made me not pick him. Didn't want to go away from the theme. Same with the Xabi Alonso and Terry picks, was a bit of a poor pool PL wise for ball dominant DMs and CBs

Himannv

It was the ages Bergkamp played for Arsenal that made me not pick him. Didn't want to go away from the theme. Same with the Xabi Alonso and Terry picks, was a bit of a poor pool PL wise for ball dominant DMs and CBs
Yeah, I'm not complaining about the picks you did make and I voted for your side anyway. Rooney, Terry, and Alonso are all fine players as well in this theme. Just the way that Henry describes him makes me think Bergkamp would have been mint. It's an interesting video because based on that I think he would work very well with Giggs and the rest of the side as well. I think this is close to being a perfect PL XI and those minor upgrades would have elevated this to the best side in the draft.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Yeah, I'm not complaining about the picks you did make and I voted for your side anyway. Rooney, Terry, and Alonso are all fine players as well in this theme. Just the way that Henry describes him makes me think Bergkamp would have been mint. It's an interesting video because based on that I think he would work very well with Giggs and the rest of the side as well. I think this is close to being a perfect PL XI and those minor upgrades would have elevated this to the best side in the draft.
Why do you think Giggs would work well with Henry? I always thought he would be better with someone like Pires who could drift inside when Henry peels left unlike a pretty orthodox LM. In an all-time EPL side someone like De Bruyne would be amazing.

Himannv

Why do you think Giggs would work well with Henry? I always thought he would be better with someone like Pires who could drift inside when Henry peels left unlike a pretty orthodox LM. In an all-time EPL side someone like De Bruyne would be amazing.
Giggs is a really direct player and Henry doesn't have to drop deeper to work with him as he describes in that video. He'll employ a tactic more similar to what he did with Ljungberg and they'll work well in a more traditional sense.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I've gone for the General although Neeskens isn't ideal in that midfield 3. He is better suited to Suarez's position here.
Sorry for being reply late Physio, I really want Suarez's ball retention, dribbling ability, and passing ability to do damage on the left side. Suarez is also a press-resistant player, so he can get out from P-Nut's player which is Keane in this game. I can also see Cruyff and Suarez doing a great combination play in the left-half space area in a bit similar way to Messi(f9) and Iniesta.

I also think even Suarez in his Barcelona days had a decent work rate, and in modern days, I can see Barcelona's version of Suarez play as an attacking midfielder in 4-3-3 in the sense of Ødegaard.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Sorry for being reply late Physio, I really want Suarez's ball retention, dribbling ability, and passing ability to do damage on the left side. Suarez is also a press-resistant player, so he can get out from P-Nut's player which is Keane in this game. I can also see Cruyff and Suarez doing a great combination play in the left-half space area in a bit similar way to Messi(f9) and Iniesta.

I also think even Suarez in his Barcelona days had a decent work rate, and in modern days, I can see Barcelona's version of Suarez play as an attacking midfielder in 4-3-3 in the sense of Ødegaard.
Suarez makes perfect sense there. No objections.