Poll MADN Draft R1: Physio vs Isotope

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

vs

Team Physio

Tactics
– Direct/ Mixed
Formation – 442
Defensive Line Balanced
Marking – Zonal

All the players are serious hard workers. We will operate with a normal line but with an intense half-court press to destabilise Iso’s midfield and attack. Then using the passing exploits of Thiago Silva, Bastian and Der Kaiser to launch quite counter attacks. That said we can slow it down if need be. When we lose the ball there will be an immediate counter press to allow the side to regain their shape.

Bastian is the full B2B beast whereas Der Kaiser is the libero version reinvented as a modern day DLP. As with his 70s version he will still have licence to roam forward and can do so comfortably given cover from Bonhof.

A note a Jamie Vardy. His record against City, the Dippers, Arsenal, us and Chelsea in the EPL is superb.

Games: 76
Goals: 42
Assists: 10

He is a serious big game player.

Fillol - Spain
Camacho - Spain
Thiago Silva - Italy
Stam - England
Di Livio - Italy
Nedved - Italy
Bastian - Germany
Der Kaiser - Germany
Bonhof - Germany
Vardy - England
Tevez - England

Team Isotope

The Team has tactical identity of devastating pace, ability to make key passes from almost every position, the use of inside runs from wide, and drifting position of forwards. It's a nicely balanced and attractive Team when attacking and defending.

Physio's fullbacks against my Team flanks, they could get overwhelmed without adequate support. Van Basten, Amancio, or Stoichkov look prime to hit those openings with Physio’s defense being stretched by my Team’s flanks. Wherein my Team’s defense should be able to contain Physio’s underwhelming forward line.

Laudrup, Mendieta, and Dunga are compatible players who would nicely controlling the midfield, with support of the hardworking Stoichkov.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
That poll option :lol:. It'll be a tough ask to overcome the sheer quality in Iso's team, but that's about as industrious a 4-4-2 as I've seen in drafts from Plonker.
Iso's side does have excellent individual quality although here's where I have the upper hand. Firstly, however good Dunga and Mendieta were Der Kaiser and Bastian are a GOAT CM pairing which has it all. Also being aided by Nedved and Bonhof, his midfield three is going to have a seriously hard time creating anything. Also Stam is a great match up for van Basten - the latter stated that Vierchowod was the toughest defender he faced and Stam is stylistically very similar and also has supreme quality. On the other end of the pitch, Tevez and Vardy are not the ideal sorts of forward for Kohler especially, I do think they will cause problems for Kohler and Nesta on the break.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not gonna lie. My heart skipped a bit looking at that Physio's midfield.

Šjor Bepo

Iso's side does have excellent individual quality although here's where I have the upper hand. Firstly, however good Dunga and Mendieta were Der Kaiser and Bastian are a GOAT CM pairing which has it all. Also being aided by Nedved and Bonhof, his midfield three is going to have a seriously hard time creating anything. Also Stam is a great match up for van Basten - the latter stated that Vierchowod was the toughest defender he faced and Stam is stylistically very similar and also has supreme quality. On the other end of the pitch, Tevez and Vardy are not the ideal sorts of forward for Kohler especially, I do think they will cause problems for Kohler and Nesta on the break.
interesting, based on what and is there any proof(footage) of that? :)

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I love a great idea of put Bonhof at right-midfielder,Rainer is one of the most versatile players that I've ever watched.You can put him at rm,rb,cb and rwb,he can play it all.

versus Koln in 1983:played at right-back

World Cup 74 Final:defensive midfielder(Overrath as cm hybrid cam and Uli as cam/a bit of rw)

1977 Intercontinental Cup:center back(he played shit in this game)

1976 Euro Finals:central defensive midfielder

He played a lot of matches as right-wingers too(espcially during 1973-1976).So,It's great idea.
Physio side is excellent in midfielders with Franz and Bastian,Howewer Isotope back is probably at god-level.It's a bit similar to French (1998-2000 )backline but I think your backline is even upgrade from the French.

Vardy records against top defensive backlines
vs Liverpool 2018-2021
----Van Dijk---Trent Arnold---Robbo--Lovren/Matip/Gomez------3matches 0 goal 2L 1D
vs Tuchel's Chelsea backline(arguably best backline in EPL)-----Silva------Rudiger ----James/Chalobah-----2matches 0goal 2L
vs Atletico's backline 2016-2017----Godin---Savic---Filipe Luis----Juan Fran-----2matches 1goal 1D 1L
vs Man City 2020-2021-----Dias---Stones---Walker---Larpotte------2matches 0goal 2L
vs Chelsea 2014-2015 ----Terry---Cahill--Dev--Ivanovic-----1match 1L 0goal
vs Spurs 2016-2017(26 goals conceded)----Anderweireld--Dier---Vertonghen----1match 1L 0goal
vs Man City2017-2018(27 goals conceded)----Kompany--Stones---Walker----Delph---1match 1L 0goal
vs Man United 2017-2018(28 goals conceded)-----Smalling----Jones---Linderlof---Young---1match 1D 1goal
vs Man United2017-2018(another back)-----Baily--Jones--Blind---Valencia----1match 1L 0goal
vs Man City 2018-2019----Kompany----Larpotte---Zinchenko----Walker----1match 1L 0goal
vs Man City 2018-2019----Larpotte----Stones----Delph---Danilo-----1match 1w 0goal

Vardy's records against top defensive teams....16matches 2goals...
And in this match,he will face the toughest backline with some of the best in history like Kohler----Nesta----Gentile----Lizarazu + one of the best gk ever(Maier),I'm still pretty sure that this backline is stronger than all of backlines that he have ever face and Lizarazu and Gentile are the part of one of the best backlines in history too(Italy/Juventus80s and French 98-00).

In this match,he must plays 200 percents to score against this rock.Physio has a big problem of scoring for sure,when Vardy and Tevez are hardly to score agaisnt this line who will do that instead Nedved?,Bonhof?,Kaiser Franz?,Bastian.Oh...and Carlos Tevez have never scored over 25goals in League too.Although Physio midfield is excellent,your problem about scoring is like a big black hole.

@Isotope @Physiocrat

Last edited:

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
French (1996-2000) backline
Total Games Played : 34
Goal Concede : 19
Clean Sheet : 20
Games,lost goal/game Ratio : 0.56
World Champion 1998 and Euro2000

Thuram----Lizarazu----Desailly ---Blanc
One of the best backlines in football history

Isotope's backline is like an upgrade on this backline
Kohler is an upgrade Desailly,Nesta is an upgrade on Blanc(better athleticism) and Gentile maybe a bit downgrade Thuram,but overall I still prefer Isotope's back.

Juventus late70s-82

Clean sheet 78 matches from 150matches
Average lost goal per/game 0.67

Gentile---Cabrini---Scirea--- Cuccureddu
and another one in World Cup(1982)----Scirea---Collavati----Cabrini---Gentile

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
interesting, based on what and is there any proof(footage) of that? :)
Not ideal is probably too strong. What I meant is that Kohler would relish going up against a big strong central striker more than the smaller nippier type. That's not to say he couldn't deal with that type of striker however far from it, it was more of a comparative argument about Stam being better stylistically fit for MVB than Kohler for Vardy/Tevez

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@General_Elegancia

That's a bit harsh on Tevez. He did have two 20 plus goal seasons for City. On Vardy, even if the sides he scored most against didn't have all-time great defences, he scored against the best sides in the league at the time and shows a big game mentality.

I'm confident that we will win quite a lot of the ball relatively high up in our half giving us better chances to disrupt that exceptional backline. What Vardy and Tevez may lack directly in all time scoring ability, they make up for in their pressing to provide us the ball in more dangerous situations than you would have with more passive players off the ball.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
French (1996-2000) backline
Total Games Played : 34
Goal Concede : 19
Clean Sheet : 20
Games,lost goal/game Ratio : 0.56
World Champion 1998 and Euro2000

Thuram----Lizarazu----Desailly ---Blanc
One of the best backlines in football history

Isotope's backline is like an upgrade on this backline
Kohler is an upgrade Desailly,Nesta is an upgrade on Blanc(better athleticism) and Gentile maybe a bit downgrade Thuram,but overall I still prefer Isotope's back.

Juventus late70s-82

Clean sheet 78 matches from 150matches
Average lost goal per/game 0.67

Gentile---Cabrini---Scirea--- Cuccureddu
and another one in World Cup(1982)----Scirea---Collavati----Cabrini---Gentile

You are the best, mate. If ever i go further in the Draft, we can team up again if you don't mind.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
@General_Elegancia

That's a bit harsh on Tevez. He did have two 20 plus goal seasons for City. On Vardy, even if the sides he scored most against didn't have all-time great defences, he scored against the best sides in the league at the time and shows a big game mentality.

I'm confident that we will win quite a lot of the ball relatively high up in our half giving us better chances to disrupt that exceptional backline. What Vardy and Tevez may lack directly in all time scoring ability, they make up for in their pressing to provide us the ball in more dangerous situations than you would have with more passive players off the ball.
Tevez best season in England was with the City, where he was the main man. So is Vardy's best seasons.

Unless you're referring to Vardy's of old that "serving" Ignachio??

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Tevez best season in England was with the City, where he was the main man. So is Vardy's best seasons.

Unless you're referring to Vardy's of old that "serving" Ignachio??
Even as the main man neither of them ceased to be team players. I reckon as a strike partnership they could bag 20 goals a season each with the creativity they have behind them.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Found this strange clip on Gentile, showing his attacking skill as fullback on the left and right. Any one that is familiar with Juventus in 70s or 80s can share more of this?

Šjor Bepo

vs Liverpool 2018-2021
----Van Dijk---Trent Arnold---Robbo--Lovren/Matip/Gomez------3matches 0 goal 2L 1D
vs Tuchel's Chelsea backline(arguably best backline in EPL)-----Silva------Rudiger ----James/Chalobah-----2matches 0goal 2L
vs Atletico's backline 2016-2017----Godin---Savic---Filipe Luis----Juan Fran-----2matches 1goal 1D 1L
vs Man City 2020-2021-----Dias---Stones---Walker---Larpotte------2matches 0goal 2L
vs Spurs 2016-2017(26 goals conceded)----Anderweireld--Dier---Vertonghen----1match 1L 0goal
vs Man City2017-2018(27 goals conceded)----Kompany--Stones---Walker----Delph---1match 1L 0goal
vs Man United 2017-2018(28 goals conceded)-----Smalling----Jones---Linderlof---Young---1match 1D 1goal
vs Man United2017-2018(another back)-----Baily--Jones--Blind---Valencia----1match 1L 0goal
vs Man City 2018-2019----Kompany----Larpotte---Zinchenko----Walker----1match 1L 0goal
vs Man City 2018-2019----Larpotte----Stones----Delph---Danilo-----1match 1w 0goal

And in this match,he will face the toughest backline with some of the best in history like Kohler----Nesta----Gentile----Lizarazu + one of the best gk ever(Maier),I'm still pretty sure that this backline is stronger than all of backlines that he have ever face and Lizarazu and Gentile are the part of one of the best backlines in history too(Italy/Juventus80s and French 98-00).

In this match,he must plays 200 percents to score against this rock.Physio has a big problem of scoring for sure,when Vardy and Tevez are hardly to score agaisnt this line who will do that instead Nedved?,Bonhof?,Kaiser Franz?,Bastian.Oh...and Carlos Tevez have never scored over 25goals in League too.Although Physio midfield is excellent,your problem about scoring is like a big black hole.
Love you general but this whole part is absolute nonsense.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Both teams are excellent but Iso's is definitely a notch higher in terms of player quality. Physio probably beats most of the other R1 teams but runs into one of the best teams post drafting.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
vs Liverpool 2018-2021

@Isotope @Physiocrat
To be fair to Vardy I'd imagine few, if any, attackers would compare with his 50 goals in 87 games against City, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and United. For example, he has 7 in 15 against Kyle Walker and 6 in 11 against Toby Alderweireld, two of the better defenders the Premier League has seen.

In an all-time pool most draft defences are going to look superior to their club equivalents. The club defences that the greatest strikers played against include players who won't get the time of day on here. The great attackers who played against Nesta, Zanetti and Kohler for example, also played against Negro and Favalli next to Nesta, or West and Gresko next to Zanetti, Grahammer next to Kohler, etc. And it's only fair to Vardy to factor in he's been getting serviced by Danny Drinkwater and not Franz Beckenbauer.

To me what drives Vardy's goalscoring rate is the space left behind the back line, where it's more about how a team plays, rather than the individuals in it. And he has been consistently one of the very best in exposing any chinks in a high-line defensive unit - again not just the back 4, but the sweeping ability of the keeper behind and crucially the pressing ability of the 6 players in front.