POLL: your thoughts on the Rooney contract extension

Your thoughts on the Rooney contract extention

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Meh.

Left a very very bitter taste in the mouth and I for one can never put faith in him again. Forcing him to stay imo was more due to the fact that brand united would have taken a massive hit with his departure ensuring a drop in income from a plethora of sources.
Brilliant player who preceding this week I thought wasnt a cnut. But totally proved that wrong, he did. He'll help the team, no doubt but his attitude has left a lot to be desired.

wr8_utd

:'(
A) for me.

He's a special talent and we're a much better team with him in the squad.

He's behaved abominably (which has to be mainly down to getting really terrible advice) but hey ho, I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that all modern footballers are prats.

Apart from paddy evra.
Exactly. All footballers are the same.

All I care about is United and for United keeping a player like Rooney is vital so however he's gone about doing this I'm happy to yet have him at United.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You know what pisses me off?

There's obviously a lot of valid reasons to hold a grudge against Rooney but there's going to be a minority on here who will be livid with him purely on the basis that they can't see past his recent poor form and are gutted we're not replacing him with some over-priced flavour of the month import from abroad. Hell hath no fury like a transfer muppet denied a big-name signing.

That's right. I went there.

Devil may care

Things are too raw right now for judgment, lets see how things go is my take on it, if he genuinely has come to his senses and will be here for the long term along with investment in the summer I think overall time will heel the wounds.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

There's obviously a lot of valid reasons to hold a grudge against Rooney but there's going to be a minority on here who will be livid with him purely on the basis that they can't see past his recent poor form and are gutted we're not replacing him with some over-priced flavour of the month import from abroad. Hell hath no fury like a transfer muppet denied a big-name signing.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
I'm fecking delighted.

Go ahead, let me have it...

JayWalker

Ball Spotter

Oh for sure. I am very sure there are posters on here who wanted to see him leave just to see the club splurge on other big name signings. In short, to satisfy their muppet thirsts and veiled their wants behind rooney's actions.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh for sure. I am very sure there are posters on here who wanted to see him leave just to see the club splurge on other big name signings. In short, to satisfy their muppet thirsts and veiled their wants behind rooney's actions.
Which is funny, because wether the club admit it or not, I'm sure a big part of getting Rooney to sign, was giving him assurances about the future.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I really dont think thats a reason for anyone wanting him to leave. Read the other thread, everybody wanted him out before today's events.

wr8_utd

:'(
Well they should be happy now. Rooney and other big name signings possibly now ;)

Drifter

American
That is why we are meant to believe Rooney signed his contract.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Which is funny, because wether the club admit it or not, I'm sure a big part of getting Rooney to sign, was giving him assurances about the future.
I dont see it the same way. For my money, he will still go, this way atleast there wont be a circus following the club till he actually leaves and ensures a good amount of transfer money for us and also allows rooney to leave with a little respect at the end of the day rather than having the whole world calling for his head, undeserved mind.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
C)

Hopefully we'll sell the money grabbing Scouse prick in the summer.

Zen

I'm fecking delighted.

Go ahead, let me have it...
Nope, I'm with you, he's been on my radar since he was like 15 seeing him in Everton Reserves after reading raves in the Daily Post, and I've followed him ever since, then he turned his back on his childhood team for us.....and now he's turned his back on even bigger money to stick with us. I could care less how it's happened(no he shouldn't have slated the team like that, but it's not something others at the club and fans aren't thinking), he's staying, and I'm happy about it.

feck personal and back office shit, I simply care about the guy on the pitch, whoever it is. You'll never read about me slating players of other teams(Terry, Gerrard etc) for that, I'm not starting now.

I'm always right

b) After that statement I couldn't care less, I'm glad he's not off to citeh for peanuts but I'd be even happier if we sold him to Inter next summer.

I will never boo a United player.

kundalini

Puts the matter to bed for now and he'll be sold in the summer for his true value.
That's my best guess right now but frankly I haven't got a clue. What sort of signal does this show to other players at the club? We will change our transfer strategy if you throw a big enough tantrum. Take on the manager and get rewarded with a generous pay rise.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
No idea how to feel.

Apart from being funny because of all the City fans and the like getting giddy, the whole episode leaves a very sour taste.

Good on Fergie for putting his foot down at least

mustaine

Happy, mainly because if Fergie decides to sell it will be on his terms.

Hopefully we can move on from this mess but if not then at least we don't have to unload Rooney on the cheap.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
A definite bit fecking Meh for me, tarnished his name and more importantly the clubs over the past week, reduced the greatest manager weve ever seen to what looked a broken one less than 3 days ago all because of greed, treated the place like shit because of promises of riches elsewhere.

Hes staying, for now, so hes a valuable asset to the team hence why we'll have to support him as it benefits United, but fecked if ill ever love that boy again, he'll never be the Wayne Rooney to me he used to be and im sure thats the same for a lot of people judging by the comments on here.

Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wayne Rooney and any player past present or future.

WireRed

I might be in a minority here but breaking the club's pay structure, at the behest of a player who's really set the bar in terms of his contempt for club and team-mates, and acted a complete cnut cannot be such a good thing IMO.

It's rewarding him for spitting his dummy out and getting us over a barrell, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not liking it one bit.

And also, as has been mentioned in a thread of similar concern, we have now lifted our wage ceiling, and the next round of extension talks should be very interesting and most probably end up with severe strain on the purse strings, can we afford our wage bill to top 50% of our annual turnover in light of the debt and interest rates? Who knows? But it's a worry, Wayne isn't worth it IMO, he's shown his true colours this week, and things will never be the same for me.

Dyslexic Untied

This need quoting. In large text.

Rooney's treading new ground here. Loads of examples of players who fancied a move, whether for a better chance of a trophy, or a fatter contract (Torres and Fabregas spring to mind) but this is the first time any footballer has ever tried to bully the club/manager into giving him what he wants with such a public display of dissent. Fergie can't ever pick him again after this. He's been astonishingly disrespectful to his manager and his team-mates. There's no way he can start another game.

I couldn't give a feck about whether there's any truth to his alleged reasons for wanting to leave (and there might well be) but the way he's going about it is setting a new low.

And he's doing all this immediately after spending the summer letting down his country and disgracing his family?

Absolutely despicable human being. Scum of the earth. I hope he's shown the door tomorrow. Don't give a feck whether we get any money for him or not. Not fit to wear the shirt.
A) for me.

He's a special talent and we're a much better team with him in the squad.

He's behaved abominably (which has to be mainly down to getting really terrible advice) but hey ho, I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that all modern footballers are prats.

Apart from paddy evra.

Change of tone here no?

And I think the idea of United fans being pissed with Rooney because of their wish to see transfers is far fetched. People are pissed with him because of the way he fecked all of this up, making it hard on the club, SAF and us. I'm also pissed with him because now I'll have to watch United with mixed emotions - supporting someone I know really does not care about anything other than himself. Others may be the same, Nani perhaps, but Rooney has told us he was different, in it for life, kissing the badge etc. Now we know he's no better than the worst of mercenaries.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
A definite bit fecking Meh for me, tarnished his name and more importantly the clubs over the past week, reduced the greatest manager weve ever seen to what looked a broken one less than 3 days ago all because of greed, treated the place like shit because of promises of riches elsewhere.

Hes staying, for now, so hes a valuable asset to the team hence why we'll have to support him as it benefits United, but fecked if ill ever love that boy again, he'll never be the Wayne Rooney to me he used to be and im sure thats the same for a lot of people judging by the comments on here.

Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wayne Rooney and any player past present or future.
While he definitely tarnished his name, I don't think he tarnished the club's name. If anything he got people on the club's side. Rooney was the villian, not United during this quick saga.

Dyslexic Untied

And c) for me. Not that I would boo him for real, but I hoped that we would be clear on the message that going out in public agains the club, manager and players gets you nowhere, specially not to a place better than where you were before it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Change of tone here no?

And I think the idea of United fans being pissed with Rooney because of their wish to see transfers is far fetched. People are pissed with him because of the way he fecked all of this up, making it hard on the club, SAF and us. I'm also pissed with him because now I'll have to watch United with mixed emotions - supporting someone I know really does not care about anything other than himself. Others may be the same, Nani perhaps, but Rooney has told us he was different, in it for life, kissing the badge etc. Now we know he's no better than the worst of mercenaries.
Definitely. Been a crazy couple of days. Never known such swinging emotions about a player.

The one comment I stand by is that he's behaved like a total cnut. Still glad he's staying at United though. He's a fantastic player and I don't mind eating my words over a decision that's been made in the best interest of the club. If Fergie thinks he's worthy of a place in our team that's all good by me.

Oh and the comment about transfer muppets? You'll note I used the word "minority".

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
While he definitely tarnished his name, I don't think he tarnished the club's name. If anything he got people on the club's side. Rooney was the villian, not United during this quick saga.
When he insulted the club by claiming it lacked ambition for me he tarnished its name, and the worst part about it was it had nothing to do with the clubs ambition, he tarnished the clubs image to cover up his lust for £££.

That for me was the most disgusting part of the whole thing.

Dyslexic Untied

Definitely. Been a crazy couple of days. Never known such swinging emotions about a player.

The one comment I stand by is that he's behaved like a total cnut. Still glad he's staying at United though. He's a fantastic player and I don't mind eating my words if it means he stays put.

Oh and the comment about transfer muppets? You'll note I used the word "minority".
Fair enough.

Just thought it was a bit unfair of you to claim that even a minority were "angry for the wrong reasons" (my short translation), when you yourself was so firm in your statement. We are all pissed here, but I think most are pissed for the wrong reasons.

edit: last sentence should obviously read "pissed for the right reasons".

I'll leave it there for comic value.

WireRed

Oh, come on, that is a load of utter shite and you know it.

The only person I can actually think of, who may even remotely qualify for your nonsensical theory is Scholesy, after realising Wayne staying means no Delfouneso to OT. Barring that dipstick, your a million miles off, and you know you are because you said he was "not fit to wear the shirt" the other day.

It doesn't take Einstein to work out that people are cheesed off with Wayne because he's acted like a complete, bonefide greedy cnut. Nothing more or less. The fact he's been rewarded with improved terms for his appalling behaviour is bound to get some people's back up. Especially someone like me who's big on small, pointless traits like loyalty, honesty, and respect :rolleyes:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
When he insulted the club by claiming it lacked ambition for me he tarnished its name, and the worst part about it was it had nothing to do with the clubs ambition, he tarnished the clubs image to cover up his lust for £££.

That for me was the most disgusting part of the whole thing.
:lol: The irony.

Unless I'm mixing you up with someone else haven't you been complaining about our lack of ambition in the transfer market for fecking months now?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Fair enough.

Just thought it was a bit unfair of you to claim that even a minority were "angry for the wrong reasons" (my short translation), when you yourself was so firm in your statement. We are all pissed here, but I think most are pissed for the wrong reasons.

edit: last sentence should obviously read "pissed for the right reasons.

I'll leave it there for comic value.
Hehe. Agree with the last sentence entirely. The corrected one, that is.