Porto’s young stars Fabio Vieira and Vitinha

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Alright boys and girls a new scouting report on Portuguese talent but this time not from Sporting. It’s from our rivals Porto so that clearly means I think these kids are pretty good.

As a Sporting fan Im going to start this off the right way….FECK Porto. Ok let’s move on.

FABIO VIEIRA: 21 year old Portuguese midfielder who can play both centrally or out wide In a David Silva esque role. Wand of a left foot and a brilliant passer and set piece taker. Has really improved this season and has 2 goals and 12 assists to his name. Vieira was named in the UEFA Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament (2019) and has been selected for the UEFA Under-21 Championship Team of the Tournament in back-to-back seasons (2020 and 2021). He was also voted player of the tournament in the U21 European Championship.

He is more of an attacking midfielder then a central one and has been lining up on the right side of Porto’s 4-4-2. This has Wolves signing written all over it.

Attributes: creative passes, playmaker, crossing, set piece ability, dribbling.

VITINHA: Next up is a kid who spent last season on loan to wolves and though he struggled to make an impact has returned to Portugal a much better player. Vitinha (22) took a while to break into the Porto starting lineup but ever since he has their has been no question about his talent. Elegant central midfielder who is very diminutive with the ball. He is very good with the ball in tight spaces and is a gifted passer of the ball. In recent weeks he has been displaying his shooting ability and has scored some absolute brilliant goals. His chemistry with Fabio Vieira is also very good. Vitinha has drawn player comparison to the great Deco who lined up for Porto many years ago. The central midfielder has developed into a robust midfielder who even has excelled defensively. Contributing with 2.5 interception and 3.5 tackles per 90 minutes this season for Porto. Additionally his ability to beat the press and get his team out of the first phase of attack whether it be with his skills on the ball or his brilliant passing range makes him a huge asset to this Porto team. Like Vieira he was a key player in the U21 Portugal team that reached the final.

Attributes: creative passing, dribbling, shooting, defensive contribution. Can play multiple positions in midfield.

Truthfully I don't think they are ready to make the jump yet but I believe they have the potential to play at a much higher level. Maybe another season or two in Portugal and leave at 24 seems like the best option.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That Vieira lad has a pretty bad case of Joe Hart neck. Not for me, Clive.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
My Porto supporting pal had been raving about these players for a while now, however I haven't been impressed so far by what I've seen.
But certainly Porto know how to mould good young players so I expect they'll be at a bigger club in two seasons time!

SportingCP96

Supports
My Porto supporting pal had been raving about these players for a while now, however I haven't been impressed so far by what I've seen.
But certainly Porto know how to mould good young players so I expect they'll be at a bigger club in two seasons time!
I must say I was a little apprehensive at first but the more I see them play I can't deny their talent. They are the only players in Porto I would love to have I'm Sporting.

Champ

I must say I was a little apprehensive at first but the more I see them play I can't deny their talent. They are the only players in Porto I would love to have I'm Sporting.
:lol: they must be good if a Sporting fan is saying that!!

I know Porto went on a bit of a Portuguese youth spree a few seasons back, I guess they are reaping the rewards of that now?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Porto’s disallowed goal in the 95th minute last night cost me £600 so feck them both

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol: they must be good if a Sporting fan is saying that!!

I know Porto went on a bit of a Portuguese youth spree a few seasons back, I guess they are reaping the rewards of that now?
Ya well Porto are broke and have no money so they have been forced to rely on youth players and players from our domestic league.

Champ

Ya well Porto are broke and have no money so they have been forced to rely on youth players and players from our domestic league.
I can hear you say that with a hint of delight in your voice :lol:

Will keep an eye on these two in future,