Portuguese Football 2021-2022

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why couldn't they just postpone and play at later date?

Is GD used as tie breaker if teams finish level on points? Could well get legal challenge if say Benfica and Porto had to be seperated if level on points.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Is GD used as tie breaker if teams finish level on points? Could well get legal challenge if say Benfica and Porto had to be seperated if level on points.
GD is only used after head-to-head record & head-to-head goal difference - so potentially a factor but likely not.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Do all of you see why I say what I say now? Why I wish Benfica would go bankrupt and they seize to exist and the stadium gets demolished?

It is absolutely EMBARRASSING and DISGUSTING that they allowed this to happen.

A supposed “big club” playing 11 vs 9 against a team like B-SAD? Why would this game not be postponed??? If your going to be a scummy POS why not at least go in 9 v 9 to be fair?

Also keep in mind that 3 of the 9 players are goal keepers ffs. Never mind the free 3 points but imagine they win the league on goal difference because of this game? Sickening.

This is just another page to add to their embarrassing history of corruption.

SportingCP96

Supports

How come you didn’t add Sporting there :)

SportingCP96

Supports
So apparently there is no thread. Interesting events tonight…

Now you all see why I hate that club and wish nothing more then Benfica to seize to exist.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Do all of you see why I say what I say now? Why I wish Benfica would go bankrupt and they seize to exist and the stadium gets demolished?

It is absolutely EMBARRASSING and DISGUSTING that they allowed this to happen.

A supposed “big club” playing 11 vs 9 against a team like B-SAD? Why would this game not be postponed??? If your going to be a scummy POS why not at least go in 9 v 9 to be fair?

Also keep in mind that 3 of the 9 players are goal keepers ffs. Never mind the free 3 points but imagine they win the league on goal difference because of this game? Sickening.

This is just another page to add to their embarrassing history of corruption.
Yeah Benfica are absolutely embarrassing.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah Benfica are absolutely embarrassing.
I’ve never wanted to beat them more then on December 3rd now.

I hope we do to put that small time club in their place.

SportingCP96

Supports
The most embarrassing thing is how exited the players get after they score. As if it is something to be proud of.

This will make headlines all over the world.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
According to Twitter (dunno how reliable) , it's B SAD that are playing (who aren't technically Belenese? ) and they didn't want it postponed?

Sounds like a mess

SportingCP96

Supports
According to Twitter (dunno how reliable) , it's B SAD that are playing (who aren't technically Belenese? ) and they didn't want it postponed?

Sounds like a mess
Ya the club split so the real club are in the 4th division and this is a club made by the former administration (its a mess).

So B-SAD didn’t fight to postpone it because Benfica say they did not want the game to be postponed so the game was always going to be played. The league also did nothing to stop it.

SportingCP96

Supports
They boycotted the second half. Game has ended.

Why did this even happen.

SportingCP96

Supports
Benfica fans in their forum saying things like

“they should have finished the game like men”

“ we better still get the 7-0 win and not 3-0”

“the SAD player clearly faked And injury so that the game would be cancelled what a joke”

This is the type of club they are.

led_scholes

Is there not a protocol for Covid or Uefa fears that teams may take advantage of it?

Anyway, Benfica should have proposed to postpone it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Benfica fans in their forum saying things like

“they should have finished the game like men”

“ we better still get the 7-0 win and not 3-0”

“the SAD player clearly faked And injury so that the game would be cancelled what a joke”

This is the type of club they are.
Bunch of cnuts.

SportingCP96

Supports
Is there not a protocol for Covid or Uefa fears that teams may take advantage of it?

Anyway, Benfica should have proposed to postpone it. Absolutely ridiculous.
As a supposed “big club” and one of the faces of the league it’s a joke that they allowed this to happen.

Knowing how this Goes Benfica will win the league by 3 points because of this game.

Absolutely shameful.

SportingCP96

Supports
President of B-SAD saying he asked the league for the game to be postponed and they denied it forcing B-SAD to play.

Scandalous.

Not a plastic hoe.

President of B-SAD saying he asked the league for the game to be postponed and they denied it forcing B-SAD to play.

Scandalous.
The people managing this whole league are so embarrassing did they really think that everyone was going to believe that a team with a covid outbreak (17 or so players out) would actually insist on playing the match against Benfica of all teams as well..also if Benfica had any ounce of respect and fairness they should have insisted on the game getting postponed but seeing some of their players celebrating after scoring today...yeah they dont give a feck

SportingCP96

Supports
The people managing this whole league are so embarrassing did they really think that everyone was going to believe that a team with a covid outbreak (17 or so players out) would actually insist on playing the match against Benfica of all teams as well..also if Benfica had any ounce of respect and fairness they should have insisted on the game getting postponed but seeing some of their players celebrating after scoring today...yeah they dont give a feck
If we don’t beat them it’s going to be disgusting.

Three given points and a disgusting attitude by the whole club.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I was looking forward to this thread, but you guys really hate each other :lol:

It's on your FA to postpone it. And they're pieces of shit for not doing it.

SportingCP96

Supports
I was looking forward to this thread, but you guys really hate each other :lol:

It's on your FA to postpone it. And they're pieces of shit for not doing it.
Benfica hands are all over the FA. That’s the problem in this league. It’s the second most corrupt league in Europe after Greece.

A respectable club would of asked for the game to be postponed and then celebrating every goal like it’s some sort of achievement playing against 8 men.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Benfica hands are all over the FA. That’s the problem in this league. It’s the second most corrupt league in Europe after Greece.

A respectable club would of asked for the game to be postponed and then celebrating every goal like it’s some sort of achievement playing against 8 men.
I recall there being some resident Benfica fans on the caf. Can you tag them?

@FootyGirl88 get the popcorn

BarcaSpurs

SportingCP96

Supports
Do you think Sporting would have done any different?

infact a similar thing happened in 2020 against Vitoria Setubal and Sporting forced them to play it.

https://www.tugascout.com/news/2020...ith-over-20-first-team-players-hit-with-virus
1. That was before corona virus and 2. they had 11 players and bench available.

Benfica went into a game with a 2 man advantage how is that even comparable. Furthermore 2 of those 9 players were goalkeepers playing in the outfield.

SportingCP96

Supports

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Every once in a while I start to believe that maybe I've seen it all in football, but this league never fails to surprise me.

Charlie Foley

Also keep in mind that 3 of the 9 players are goal keepers ffs.
Benfica went into a game with a 2 man advantage how is that even comparable. Furthermore 2 of those 9 players were goalkeepers playing in the outfield.
I missed the game watching the Libertadores final. Wasn’t it 9 players rather than 8?

also, excuse my knowledge of the B-SAD squad…who was the third keeper? I thought Ramalho was in goal and Monteiro was outfield…other than that…who is my dumb ass missing?

Surreal seeing the Benfica players celebrate like that. The FA better hope this match isn’t determinative in deciding the league title (be that either Benfica Don’t win it, or by a wide enough margin that it doesn’t matter). That Lisbon derby coming up is tasty.

sad to see really. Lisbon is my favourite city in the world, I’d like to see Portuguese football do well in Europe…it would be something to see all 3 clubs in the knockouts. And domestically something stupid like this happens.

I think the FA should have taken control and postponed the match. Do they seriously have no better protocol in place to address this scenario?

SportingCP96

Supports
I missed the game watching the Libertadores final. Wasn’t it 9 players rather than 8?

also, excuse my knowledge of the B-SAD squad…who was the third keeper? I thought Ramalho was in goal and Monteiro was outfield…other than that…who is my dumb ass missing?

Surreal seeing the Benfica players celebrate like that. The FA better hope this match isn’t determinative in deciding the league title (be that either Benfica Don’t win it, or by a wide enough margin that it doesn’t matter). That Lisbon derby coming up is tasty.

sad to see really. Lisbon is my favourite city in the world, I’d like to see Portuguese football do well in Europe…it would be something to see all 3 clubs in the knockouts. And domestically something stupid like this happens.

I think the FA should have taken control and postponed the match. Do they seriously have no better protocol in place to address this scenario?
Sorry it was 2 keepers not 3 that’s my mistake.

11 v 9

but not counting keepers the it was 10 vs 8 outfield players.

Sadly the FA is in the pocket of other people in our league. Situations like these is why our league won’t ever grow. Too many shady things happening on a consistent basis.