g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Possible Interim Managers - If LVG is sacked mid season

soapythecat

I always thought Micheal Laudrup was worthy of another shot in the PL. some of the football he had Getafe and Swansea playing was brilliant, given the players at his disposal. Swansea had a poor squad when he was given the boot. I LvG was fired (he won't be), I don't think I'd be disapointed with ML until the end of the season to have a go at teams.
I guess this highlights the lack of managers available!

Danillaco

Does he speak English?

I do agree that there is a dearth of quality interim managers out there for us. Either we stick with LvG, endure the horrid football for another half season and hope that he gets top 4. Or take anhuge chance in bringing an interim manager such as Giggs, Joyce, Keane (would be fun), Meulensteen, or Queiroz (his football would hardly be more entertaining than LvG) who might bring an initial spark, loosen the reins a bit, but after that wears off who knows how it will go. Big risk.

I feel options like Rafa, Lippi, Bielsa et al. are quite unrealistic.
I'm sure he can scrape some english, and with the number of Spaniards, Brazilians he can get his point across surely.

alibaba

Somewhere on earth but I can't figure where I am
Just interested in who might be available if:

• The reports of Giggs not wanting the job on an interim basis are true.
  • This article is true and Mourinho is waiting for the summer (it's been mentioned elsewhere he's been spending time was his sick father and doesn't like taking over mid season anyway):

• And the (slim) possibility of Pep is taken into account.

So who could we call on?
How about the fat waiter? He might be happy to win the Europa Cup. Honestly, he might be better bet than LVG sideways and backwards football.

Red_Beans

In an ideal world we would get a commitment from Pep sharpish, is he going to take us in the summer or not?
If we get his signature than the rest of this season dosnt really matter, we can write it off. If he confirms 100% that he is going to City, we sign Jose now on a long term contract. No interim needed

Skills

Snitch
In an ideal world we would get a commitment from Pep sharpish, is he going to take us in the summer or not?
If we get his signature than the rest of this season dosnt really matter, we can write it off. If he confirms 100% that he is going to City, we sign Jose now on a long term contract. No interim needed
I'm pretty sure Guardiola already knows, and has already informed the club he's taking over next. He's far too meticulous, to just let it hang till the last minute.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
If you want Mou then I'm sure he'd start as soon as you like, he just doesn't want to be seen with the smoking gun in his hands as regards Louis.
If United want him, go out and get him. Don't worry about the negative PR it would bring .
Mourinho would out these few months to good use if he had them and you would hit the ground running with him next season.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Are some people in here seriously contemplating taking in Benitez?

:lol: It's amazing what some situations will make people do

NessunDorma

David Moyes.

Gary Neville.

Phil Neville.

To resurrect the stalled Moyes project.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If you want Mou then I'm sure he'd start as soon as you like, he just doesn't want to be seen with the smoking gun in his hands as regards Louis.
Didn't I read that his father was ill, and that was perhaps the source of his erratic behaviour this season? He might well want to wait till summer too.

Miscemayl

Why would people even contemplate Benitez?

Might as well ask if Dalglish fancy a go. Rodgers almost won a title, perhaps he can get us to top 4?