PL D FA Premier League

Newcastle United 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 12 January 2016

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Just me or does anyone else really like Sissoko?
Would not mind to have him as a united player, nor would I mind having Wijnaldum.

That Newcastle team is a bit shite but those 2 are very good players. Not the kind you table £40m for but nice to players to have in your team.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Would not mind to have him as a united player, nor would I mind having Wijnaldum.

That Newcastle team is a bit shite but those 2 are very good players. Not the kind you table £40m for but nice to players to have in your team.
Forgetting the Fellaini hate for a minute. He's exactly the sort of player I'd swap Fellaini for. He's just a bloody nuisance and you really do fear him on the ball.

Fully Fledged

Calling Neil Curtis Fat Man just sinks LVG to a new low. Yes he may be right as Neil has admitted in the paper today but it just seems extremely childish and alienates the national press even more.

SalfordRed1960

Calling Neil Curtis Fat Man just sinks LVG to a new low. Yes he may be right as Neil has admitted in the paper today but it just seems extremely childish and alienates the national press even more.
We will find out tomorrow at the Pre-match press conference whether he did say 'fat' or whether it was 'that' with his dutch accent. If he said 'fat' or he feels that 'fat' was heard by the journalist I would hope that he gives an apology. The way the media have been with him I fully expect one of the journalists to put him on the spot and say 'don't you feel you owe an apology to Mr Curtis' similar to his comments to them about his supposed sacking.

I have still to hear the incident clearly, I do not think the video is very clear. I didn't catch what was said to him prior to his replay and I didn't really catch 'fat' or 'that' from him,but he obviously said something that sounded like that.

Fully Fledged

We will find out tomorrow at the Pre-match press conference whether he did say 'fat' or whether it was 'that' with his dutch accent. If he said 'fat' or he feels that 'fat' was heard by the journalist I would hope that he gives an apology. The way the media have been with him I fully expect one of the journalists to put him on the spot and say 'don't you feel you owe an apology to Mr Curtis' similar to his comments to them about his supposed sacking.

I have still to hear the incident clearly, I do not think the video is very clear. I didn't catch what was said to him prior to his replay and I didn't really catch 'fat' or 'that' from him,but he obviously said something that sounded like that.
I hadn't heard the, it might be 'that' argument. I just saw the BBC video in which he appears to call him Fat Man. It could be That in his Dutch accent but it does sound like fat.

If he did it in the heat of the moment I hope he is big enough to apologise. If his accent was misheard I hope he clears it up.

Don't get me wrong I don't like Curtis but the Manager for one of the biggest sporting organisations in the world should not stoop to that kind of childish behavior.

Winrar

if van gaal actually said fat man (wasn't exactly clear) then you're right, he's just hit a new low, having to resort to name calling. I dislike anyone working for the sun, but that's very poor professionalism nevertheless.

and it just means more fuel for the media to add to the hot mess that is van gaal. it's not like he can back up his claims with results, either.

Last edited:

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 517 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Newcastle 0:0 Man Utd