PL D FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 31 October 2015

bucky

Yes, good. We've conceded the least amount of goals in the league so far, if that isn't good then I guess you have pretty high standards.
Arsenal and Spurs have the same amount, they've also scored more goals. With Spurs being able to improve on that tomorrow. City have allowed one more goal than us, while scoring 11 more at this stage. Standards are perfectly normal to want more from us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Arsenal and Spurs have the same amount, they've also scored more goals. With Spurs being able to improve on that tomorrow. City have allowed one more goal than us, while scoring 11 more at this stage. Standards are perfectly normal to want more from us.
I mentioned above about the fullbacks at present. That is one less option of attack. One less problem for the opposition to deal with.

bucky

I mentioned above about the fullbacks at present. That is one less option of attack. One less problem for the opposition to deal with.
Agreed. Shaw's injury cost us a lot. Darmian and Mata doesn't seem to be the best partnership.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Agreed. Shaw's injury cost us a lot. Darmian and Mata doesn't seem to be the best partnership.
We all keep remembering those little triangles of Herrera, Mata and Valencia last season. Shaw was getting a good understanding with Memphis. Injuries have caused problems in those areas.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
The worst thing for me was NCBSN switching matches at the end and seeing more passion from Norwich in one minute than we'd shown all game.

Something needs to change methinks!
I thought exactly the same! Hart had to come up with a worldie to save city's win. Kolarov missing the penalty after almost pushing Sterling away to claim the spot kick was a bit of entertainment for me after our disastrous performance.

Jacob

I was speaking in terms of defence, not overall. There's no denying we aren't remotely close to scoring goals like a potential champion.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
I think people are forgetting Palace away is a fairly tricky game.

City only limped past Norwich at home today.

We're just about in touch with top, 4 points off.

Need some confidence from the next two homes though, as I don't overly fancy us against anyone away at the moment.

4 draws in a row, scoring 1 goal? Terrible stats
Contrary to that, I feel we have a better chance at away games when teams actually open up and play. At OT, everyone and their mother seem to be parking the bus and we do not have enough quality to break open a parked defense.

Sparky Rhiwabon

To be honest, away at Palace this season, a draw is not a bad result.

But the lack of attacking capability is very concerning.

We won't finish top four at this rate.

markhrad

Mata and Herrera are both getting away with rubbish because of the spotlight on Rooney.

Both have been very erratic in form, not much better than Rooney. Add a disappointing start from Memphis and you have the complete front 4 performing way below acceptable standards, with only Martial offering any ray of hope.

Which begs the question: Are LVG's tactic the problem or the dysfunctional form of Mata, Herrera, Memphis and Rooney the reason for our lack of attacking penetration and goals.
I think its the players. Benching Rooney is something I think LVG should do but it would not solve our lack of creativity. If Mata can be convinced to think solely as a creator then we would have a chance of being a more potent attacking force but I suspect we would be better off replacing him. Memphis and Herrera are works in progress.

bucky

To be honest, away at Palace this season, a draw is not a bad result.

But the lack of attacking capability is very concerning.

We won't finish top four at this rate.
That's true. Nonetheless the players hardly gain confidence from their performances.

mungy

I am a terrible poster, please ignore me
Good job we still have the crack at matches cause I'd be asking for a rebate on mt ST price judging recent performances if we didn't. This is the most boring team we've had since....feck knows! Before Busby?

MAME DIOUF 32

We all keep remembering those little triangles of Herrera, Mata and Valencia last season. Shaw was getting a good understanding with Memphis. Injuries have caused problems in those areas.
Blind and Young did well last season while Shaw wasn't fit but apparently Blind is now a centre back.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Good job we still have the crack at matches cause I'd be asking for a rebate on mt ST price judging recent performances if we didn't. This is the most boring team we've had since....feck knows! Before Busby?
My memory goes back to just before Fergie and I can't remember a more boring United team than this one.

Literally every United fan I speak to has had enough of LVG's God awful football.

One thing I do know is the Red Cafe always optimistic and won't hear a bad word said against the manager posters are very much in the minority amongst supporters.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Please don't ever make out this is worse than Moysie's reign.

SqueakyWeasel

Comes to something when even Cabaye's having a poke:

Yohan Cabaye was surprised by the difference between Van Gaal's team and the Red Devils that he played against in his previous life in the Premier League, with Newcastle United. “In those days they could score at every moment in the game. Today they did not have big chances to score, except a free-kick in the first half from Rooney. They kept the ball and they can play passes, passes, passes, but if you stay in a good shape they cannot do anything to pass through you or be dangerous.

I do not want to say it is easy to play against them. They are still a big team with fantastic players but we have got a good team too. They kept the ball well but we were more dangerous and had more chances.”
Taken from the Telegraph this morning: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...t-of-sorts-Wayne-Rooney-says-Alan-Pardew.html

Acole9

Outstanding
We need to mix it up a bit otherwise I've got a horrible feeling this will only carry on with us struggling to score goals. We've got many attacking players who are adaptable in many positions across the front line we need to start utilising that.

It's nice to keep clean sheets but we don't have an awful lot else to show for it right now.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 455 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Crystal Palace 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Crystal Palace 0:2 Man Utd