PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Mon, 30 September 2019

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
One of the worst performances I’ve seen in my 30+ years. Utterly terrible display. Playing players who are half fit. We can’t even receive the ball and pass it back from a throw in it was awful
You're joking, surely.

Did you not see us against West Ham last week?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
gave them a point. they did nothing all game. mctom misses an absolute sitter
And had scored a belter beore that. I know Tuanzebe is RedCafe's darling right now, and I like the cut o him, but it's him who cost us.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is there anyway we can swap Guendouzi with Fred without Arsenal knowing?

I'm thinking Face/Off style

Edy2

Embarassing. Most of these players don't have the required mental strength or footballing quality. They're showing it game in game out. Long road ahead to put this right.

R'hllor

Game opened up a bit in last 15 min so we looked better than crap before.

Clearly this sport aint for us, some players still being picked for what ever reason. Axel was doing good till mistake but he is right footed CB playing a LB, what a way to shake him of, while that prick on right side doing all kinds of stupid and clueless shit.

Dunno what to say more about Lingard, think i am done losing my nerves for certain pricks, actually done losing my nerves in general for this corporate entity.

Oh and that linesman who raised a flag for Arsenal goal, he should be moved from PL for this season, it wont happen ofcc.

VP

We have the highest wage bill in the PL and produce that. Ole needs to go and Woodward needs to be arrested.

SirMattlives

Curiously poor quality on display -- I know the conditions were difficult but these players (both sides) should be able to do better than this. Also, expecting players to ignore the flag is asking them to undo years of learning, it will take years. No matter, we hardly deserved to win. Crosses were useless, players telegraphing to the opposition they are about to shoot, and still they shoot into legs, and some totally erratic passing. We seem a bit directionless at the moment....wish I could fathom some master plan taking shape.

ManRed

We have done it,o team is finally as bad as Arsenal's. Took us ever but with Ed and Glazers behind us I knew this day would come. Abysmal quality from both sides

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Utterly P**s boiling game to watch.

One of the worst Arsenal teams in history rack up to Old Trafford. Boots well oiled with lard. Every frikkin touch they go down like a sack of S**t. How did Xhaka finish the game is a mystery

Young, utterly abysmal, Pereira offers what? Lingard out of form along with Rashy. Why on earth we persisted by keep playing the ball to Axel who looked the least comfy of all our players as a left-back or left-sided centre back god knows. What the hell is going on with DDG distribution as well

Djemba-Djemba

People way to negative again. Cry and cry, even after a game we deserved to win comfortably. Arsenal are shite, and with better end-product we would have beaten them severly. Im tired of the negative bullshit on this forum. People here live to complain.
We've won 2 out of the last 12 League games.

That is fecking disgraceful.

People are right to be negative.

Fooza

Wouldnt say he's head of shoulders, but it just goes to show that splashing the cash doesnt always guarantee success.
I felt he was today, he was the only one that I thought could do something in the final third.

Valuedrug

Better energy, a few decent plays here and there, good goal. But still can’t really see any patterns in our play apart from give it Pogba or James and pray.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
We were better than Arsenal.
Gifted the goal to Arsenal
Refereeing was poor all night (but not the Arsenal goal which wasn't offside although some players stopped because the flag went up)

Young was awful, Rashford mainly poor,Lindelof as usual totally unaware of what's going on around him. Tuanzebe played well but gave the goal away.
McTominay good ,Pogba variable, James lots of effort.

And it should be a criminal offence to play Lingard, especially as a no.10.

Xhaka should have been sent off but probably helped us to score our goal by taking Lingard out of the game.

Andersons Dietician

Real lack of quality in our squad. Seen enough of Lingard and Pereira they aren’t going to improve just let Chong, Greenwood and Gomez free. Would rather watch them and deal with the occasional poor performance or mistake than watch nothing players just do nothing.

El Zoido

We need to take our chances, it makes all the difference. If McTominay scores that header we probably win the game. But it was more than that, we’re neutered by playing Rashford up top, he ruins everything. How can you score goals when your main striker has no goal scoring instinct? Everyone is ragging on Ole, but if we had Jamie Vardy up front we’d probably be on 15+ points this season and everyone would be happy. General play is not bad but there are so many brainless decisions being made that have nothing to do with coaching.

OT1214

Nothing much has changed. Playing hoof ball to no effect is still our plan B. Lindelof’s acrobatic clearance at the end made my day.

Roboc7

Yes we are. So let's critique in that context.

Given the age, experience and talent profile of our team tonight, it was a par performance.

My only point of optimism is that I can see more potential in our side, than Arsenal.
Don’t think there is anymore potential at all and they’ll finish above us because they can score goals. They are awful away from home and will drop points to lots of teams.

Red_Aaron

Incredibly frustrating, arsenal barely had a chance worthy of the name but they come away with a point.

Proper PL lesson for axel, he probably gets away with that in the championship, shame as he was very good otherwise. Hopefully he learns from it at least

Clear pen not given. Pogba and rashford clearly injured. Better performance than the last few games. We badly need a cold bolded killer up front

OverratedOpinion

Can we discuss Tuanzebe as a prospect going forward, despite his mistake? What do we think...useful at LB, RB, CB, DM and move Pogba forward?
Take the mistake out and he was very good. Similar to when he pocketed Alexis a couple of years back.

I remember seeing the reviews about him being just decent at Villa last year and thinking that is because he was not built to play for Villa in the Championship. Some players need to play at a high level to show their real level and I think he needs that.

He is a centre half.

Alemar

The only positive was that in the end we started to play the base of Fred and McTominay with Pogba further up. Yes it was too late, but at least OGS understood there was such a tactical option.

Yet again we have seen how shit is Lingard, yet again Pereira had a poor game. Young was bad as expected, Rashford out of form (was it even a question?)

Yes, and above all - playing a right footed CB as a left back. Tuanzebe wasn’t the worst out there (not at all actually), but....what’s the point???

Lentwood

De Gea - hopeless distribution, puts pressure on the back four

Young - the usual

Tuanzebe - out of position, at fault for the goal, a few moments where he showed good composure

Lindelof - always has the one WTF moment every game where he does something inexplicably Sunday league out of nowhere

Maguire - at least tried to force the issue

McTominay - MotM

Pogba - nowhere near good enough on the ball tonight to justify floaty, lethargic effort

Pereira - did OK

Lingard - did he touch the ball?

James - endeavour and pace but needs to work on delivery with left foot

Rashford - absolutely abysmal

redshaw

A goal in open play.

James looking very good.

I think the players can learn from this game to play on when the flag goes up and believe in themselves more in attack, I'm not that despondent. We can claw our way back.

Pennywise

VAR awful. Friend was laughably bad. Both teams so poor. That transfer window gets worse and worse as the weeks go by. End the season now please

Eric7C

Fred on the bench, Pogba as CDM, Lingard anonymous in the hole.

Ole doing what Ole does best. Clueless.

chillooout

Why do they have such useless wide attacking build up? It is so irritating. Sack everyone from the board to coaching staffs and players.

MrBest

People way to negative again. Cry and cry, even after a game we deserved to win comfortably. Arsenal are shite, and with better end-product we would have beaten them severly. Im tired of the negative bullshit on this forum. People here live to complain.
What are the positives? Enlighten me please.

stu_1992

Into the top half of the table! Get in! Disappointing second half (well whole game really) after the good end to the first. Draw probably fair though I didn't think they threatened us much except for their goal and a few minutes after that. Maybe we should have edged it as I felt we were mostly in control.

Few good saves from De Gea on the chances they did have. Shame his out-ball was very poor today. Young was absolutely shocking I thought. I know that's not exactly an unpopular opinion but especially bad today. James, Tunazebe and McTominay the bright spots in our team today.

Can we just talk about what a shocking decision it was to rule out the Arsenal goal for offside? Fecking hell.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Young kept taking corner, when he couldn't even cross decent ball. "My Captain always cross".

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Last 20 minutes were the best from us this season. I forgot how it looks when we push oppo in their box and attack them from everywhere.
Gamble with Tuanzebe was crucial. It is not just that mistake. We played with full back in attack.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 417 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 15% Man Utd 1:1 Arsenal
  • 13% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal