EL D Europa League Play-off 1st Leg

Barcelona 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 16 February 2023

moodyred

Old Trafford will be a fortress in the return leg. We will beat them.

Red Royal

Fantastic game. Set up for the 2nd leg which I am going to !!

With Martinez and Sabitzer available will surely strengthen us further. Would be nice if Martial can make it somehow.

Lecland07

Still disappointed Fred left Alonso with that goal, and the second one came from an error from our playing out from the back.
Silly moments killed our chance for a famous victory at Camp Nou that we still waiting for.
It also didn't help that referee thought it was okay to hack down Rashford when he was through on goal. Shame. With the form he is in, pretty sure that is a goal.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Fred is a weird player. He runs a lot, and plays great off the ball, but seem to struggle with the ball on his feet sometimes. Still he pulled a great performance specially in the second half. Hard to decide if you want him in the starting xi or not

Bruno played great and therefore, he got almost no mentions in the matchday thread. Good

Rashford on the path to become a club legend

I would had signed a tie at camp nou inmediately but after the developments it has a sour taste since we could have won that

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Great game. Feel a bit frustrated, but you know, shit happens. The team were brilliant. Casemiro may be my favourite player. Well done to Rashford. Few chances went a begging, and that last goal was a pity. But the attitude. The movement, the freedom. Wonderful stuff proper Manchester United (Something we should not allow to be turned into a sportswashing bauble).

MiracleInMadrid

The fecking nerve of Xavi complaining to the ref after the match.

Let it go, pal. You had far more decisions going your way.

Redfrog

Wonderful game of football. But Jesus is every Spanish team made up of whiny, cheating cnuts? How do La Liga fans put up with that shit week in week out
Mediterranean people are not hard men like British boys, they are cunning. I think they enjoy that to be honest.

mav_9me

What a performance. I thought we were so good. Yeah they didn't have Busquets but we don't have a striker and we didn't have Eriksen and Martinez.

Can't wait to see the xG.

Shiva87

What a crappy ref performance. Everything else was excellent. Still no clue why Case got carded.
2-2 is a good result but no away goal rules anymore if I remember, right?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It could be a blessing we didn’t get the win because I could see us taking it easy at OT and coming away with a loss. We’ve now got to score at OT and we usually play better when we need to score. Our best defence is attack/attacking on the break.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Amazing game. I'm very proud of the lads and have full faith in ETH moving forward.

Should've won it - our squad requirements are crystal clear.

Ref can also feck off. Barca defender should've been sent off.
Yes, its really a marker laid down by ETH. Wonderful manager, inspiring figure at the club

Acole9

Outstanding
Really enjoyed that. Little bit disappointed, I think we could've won.

Kevzter

Should've won that. Biased ref if ever I did see one. Rashford through the middle and it would've been a cricket score... Why does ETH persist with this Weghorst up front? Does he want to justify his buy?

Delano

Gutted about the draw there. Daft mistakes and wasteful finishing cost us that.

But on the other hand, when's the last time we went all out against a giant in football? EtH has changed this club.

bubbles_

I don’t know what channel I’m watching but Jason McAteer is so upset he can barely speak

Funkenstein

Fair result and yet more evidence of how far we've come under Ten Hag. Imagine how good we'd be with a CF like Lewandowski...

Martinez back in and Shaw at left back and we'll do them at Old Trafford next week.

Glorio

Case showed some ring rust. Almost scored an own goal, gave away the ball for the second goal as well

MrBest

FDJ who?

On a serious note, proud of the lads with that. Remarkable where we are no compared to August or even last season.

SirAnderson

It also didn't help that referee thought it was okay to hack down Rashford when he was through on goal. Shame. With the form he is in, pretty sure that is a goal.
That too yes. Will take the draw, but definitely feels like we've been hard done by.
Still, I said it before the game started, I was not expecting much, and now I leave feeling like we should have won, shows just how good we were.

RoyH1

What a game. We took it to them and I’m confident of beating them at Old Trafford.

Feck Xavi going after the refs. Cheating c*nts have to influence the refs all the feckin time. Must be mortified that he cannot bribe them in Europe

led_scholes

It should have been a CL semi final.

With Martinez in the next game we won't lose.

Redfrog

:)
Fair result in the end. We easily could’ve had 2/3 more but they could have as well with a 50/50 pen call and Casemiro hitting his own post from one yard out. Fancy us to do them OT.
The ego is unharmed tonight :) .

peridigm

Fascinating game. We were a little bit better overall, though. Poor goalkeeping from both GKs.
Not sure I agree with this. Both GKs made some great saves that would have resulted in one or the other winning.

Hoof the ball

That game was frustrating. Fun for neutrals, but for a fan? To see how many clear cut chances we made and let the slip lead to a freak of a goal that involved a 30 yard nutmeg? Nah, f**k that. We had that in our hands to take back to OT as winners.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Very entertaining match. Enjoyed it alot.

Jordi Alba is the biggest pos in football. Disgusting player.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 72% of 300 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 277 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Barcelona win
  • Draw